Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Compustar 901SS alarm

Well I did a and found nothing on this specific alarm that I am looking at.
Does anyone have this alarm that can tell me how you like it. The two way has a capability of 1mile. How sensitive is it if your in a shopping mall?

Is there another alarm that you have and really like?
Thanks C5

2015 2SS/RS L99 Catch-can, SW cat-back, CAI, ]Range
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
a lot of people don't like getting alarms because of the fact that our keyfob is big and bulky as it is because its a 2-in-1, and we don't feel like having two fobs on us at all times. you might get lucky but idk how many responses you'll get, especially when limiting it to one alarm model
Old 02-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #3
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Well I thought I kinda left it opened as to any alarm that they have and liked. . .

You're probably right on overall responses to any alarm ... as its looking right now.

We live in a small town so an alarm here doesn't really concern me. It is when we travel to Reno and family in SoCal to where I thought it might come in handy.

Appreciate your input. . . thanks

2015 2SS/RS L99 Catch-can, SW cat-back, CAI, ]Range
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
compustar is a great product. they were the pioneer of the remote start for manual trans cars. however back in the day (about 12 years ago) it was a true mile range. i could start mine across a mall. now days not so much.

question-- since you have a '15 what type of key did they give you? was it the switch blade bey or was it one that had the "recall" preformed where the key and remote are separate? if you have the separate one it wont be bad. if you have the switch blade it will get to be big and bulky in your pocket.

a couple options:
1. get their "slice" remote where its a simple 1 button 2. use compustar drone system and use the smart phone app. that way range doesnt matter since it uses cell phone towers. IMO in my camaro i would use both together the slice remote for short range and the app for long range.

on a side note just remember the alarm is only as good as the install itself. meaning you can take a cheap china/ebay alarm and have a good install and have no issues or you can take a $1000 alarm with a bad install and have lots of issues.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
compustar is a great product. they were the pioneer of the remote start for manual trans cars. however back in the day (about 12 years ago) it was a true mile range. i could start mine across a mall. now days not so much.

question-- since you have a '15 what type of key did they give you? was it the switch blade bey or was it one that had the "recall" preformed where the key and remote are separate? if you have the separate one it wont be bad. if you have the switch blade it will get to be big and bulky in your pocket.

a couple options:
1. get their "slice" remote where its a simple 1 button 2. use compustar drone system and use the smart phone app. that way range doesnt matter since it uses cell phone towers. IMO in my camaro i would use both together the slice remote for short range and the app for long range.

on a side note just remember the alarm is only as good as the install itself. meaning you can take a cheap china/ebay alarm and have a good install and have no issues or you can take a $1000 alarm with a bad install and have lots of issues.
basically what he said. if you didnt get the key/fob combo, then chevy might recall your keys and you could go separate if you wanted to