Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-26-2018, 03:35 AM   #1
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Coming to the DMV

Hey guys my name is Brannon im in the navy ill be moving to the DC area from overseas in the late march to early april time frame. I have a 2013 1le and a 2014 zl1. I look forward to meeting you all whenever meetups happen. Let me know where to look for info on those. I plan on going to the camaro fest next year if anyone else is going im all for joining a camarovan on the way there. Also i want to mod the hell out of my 1le and set it up for autocross and track days. Any shop recomedations in the area would be appreciated.

Last edited by right to travel; 12-29-2018 at 08:57 AM.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
KYVOM1LE

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Brannonnim, am sure you are looking forward to coming back "home" to the USA. Look forward to meeting up during CamaroFest 9. If you plan to come in early in order to participate in the NCM track day, I am sure we will be able to share some Libations at the Wednesday early arrival dinner. Be looking for that post in a couple weeks or so explaining the wed night meet up. Happy New Year
KYVOM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Heya squid! Where about's in the DC area? I'm about 1 hr north in MD. right near Mason Dixon. Summit Point is not too far away either. Down south these guys do track mods...http://www.jpssonline.com/.

There is also a FB crusin club up here too along with lot's of car meets, shows etc. Carlisle Pa. is just a bit further for the annual Camaro meet.

So lot's of options bro. You just need to make it back here safe and sound!

So did you do your 20 or what? I was in wayyyy back when Ronnie was prez('80 to '86) so kinda on the older side but still like to drag at the 1/4 and wake up sleepin f'tards on the hwy! rofl

peace

Frank
Old 12-27-2018, 06:38 AM   #4
Barefoot Dave
Barefoot Dave

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2014 Z/28
Smile Northern VA here

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
Hey guys my name is Brannonim in the navy ill be moving to the DC area from overseas in the late march to early april time frame. I have a 2013 1le and a 2014 zl1. I look forward to meeting you all whenever meetups happen. Let me know where to look for info on those. I plan on going to the camaro fest next year if anyone else is going im all for joining a camarovan on the way there. Also i want to mod the hell out of my 1le and set it up for autocross and track days. Any shop recomedations in the area would be appreciated.
Hi Brannonim,

Thanks for your service!

A lot depends on where you'll be in the DC area. There are a few very active Cars&Coffee's in the area - Katies Cars & Coffee, Church of the Holy Donut, Dulles Cars & Coffee...etc. There is also a Virginia Camaro Club and a Maryland Camaro club and both are active in the DC area. You can find a lot of good info on Facebook by "liking" the Fairy Squad Mother.....she posts EVERY day the local events going on within a couple hour drive.

As for upgrading your cars - I have a 14 Z/28 and 15 ZL1 that I track regularly- both of my cars are totally stock and with your cars you can autocross and track them all day in their current configuration. Summit Point is nearby and there are a few active autocross groups as well. Feel free to reach out directly and I'll help get you connected.

I hope that helps. Feel free to reach out and I'll help get you to so shows/cruise-ins or out on the track.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #5
right to travel

Thanks guys for the info. Its just Brannon btw. Fixed the missed space there. Im still in the navy for another 2 years and 8 months that i know of. That will be 20. I will be stationed at the navy yard in dc. No clue where i will b living yet though. Military housing is looking like the good deal as i want a garage but we'll see. Definately excited to come back to the mainland.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Brannon,

Thanks for your service and welcome to the area!

I'm hoping we'll get to meet you soon. We have a Camaros & Coffee that meets every month and is open to F-bodies only.

Yes. We meet every month--all year long.

2nd Sunday
0800-1000
Aquia Towne Center
Stafford, VA

If the weather is crap, we push to the 3rd Sunday.

Again, all year long. 6 years running.

Hope to meet you in April!

Dan

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
right to travel

Alright alright alriiiiight. Lol. So have arrived in the dmv. If any o e wants to lend me a spare Camaro until mine arrive do help with withdrawal let me know.

But more pressing I forgot to ask about emissions and safety inspections. I have full Bolt ons on both cars so... what are my options as far as getting through these inspection. I haven't found a place to live yet but I will literally choose based off of being able to pass emissions. Or if someone has the hook up let me know asap via PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Brannon,

I'm Coast Guard and work near the Navy Yard. Its a bit of a drive but I live in Leesburg VA and commute in. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment with an attached garage and come in well under E5 BAH. If you aren't looking to live in a house and don't have a big family, you can come in under the cost of government housing.

If you are really crazy about commuting and not doing emissions testing, check out Harper's Ferry WV, Ranson WV, or Martinsburg WV. Housing is dirt cheap out there but the commute can be brutal. We considered that as a townhouse in Ranson with a 2 car garage was only $150k.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
BigMacLA

Drives: 2012 2ss
Don't register your car in VA. You will get your ass handed to you with Loudoun County tax!
BigMacLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:04 PM   #10
CTSVBiggie

Drives: 2013 1LE
Welcome to the area. Look up capital city 5/6 camaro page on facebook. Ill try and post more meets etc for the area here as well as on Facebook.

We recently did one over the bay brdige and this weekend to ruins park in PA.