Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Exterior Detail Video Series Teaser

Got a new video series lining up for you all

Videos will be released on Wednesdays and Fridays, beginning April 1st!!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Looks like a great video series for beginners! I have one question for you though. Is it okay to use M105 on my teeth or should I stick to M205?
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Looks like a great video series for beginners! I have one question for you though. Is it okay to use M105 on my teeth or should I stick to M205?
Here at ihaveacamaro dental spa, we recommend going with that optimum hyper polish for that juuuust clean feeling

Actually, there's a couple things for advanced people in there as well..... can you say orange peel removal

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Will be interested to see the orange peel removal. You using denim?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK
Old 03-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #5
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Here at ihaveacamaro dental spa, we recommend going with that optimum hyper polish for that juuuust clean feeling

Actually, there's a couple things for advanced people in there as well..... can you say orange peel removal
Do you like the Optimum Sprays that much? I kind of moved away from using Opt products because of the direction that their company started moving. Though if you enjoy them that much, I may have to reconsider. So far I'm pretty stuck on Meg's and Menzerna polishes though.

Very nice. I wet sanded my car about 2 years ago. My driver side quarter had to be repaired after a hit and run. The dealer paint job was horrendous. I also wet sand areas that I use touch up paint on. Then I use a coating over them so that it's similar to being painted then clear coated.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:22 AM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Nice work Roshan, "Swirly Girl" is on her way to "Queen VW"!!!
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 AM   #7
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Will be interested to see the orange peel removal. You using denim?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Do you like the Optimum Sprays that much? I kind of moved away from using Opt products because of the direction that their company started moving. Though if you enjoy them that much, I may have to reconsider. So far I'm pretty stuck on Meg's and Menzerna polishes though.

Very nice. I wet sanded my car about 2 years ago. My driver side quarter had to be repaired after a hit and run. The dealer paint job was horrendous. I also wet sand areas that I use touch up paint on. Then I use a coating over them so that it's similar to being painted then clear coated.
If you have menz and megs, no need to get it, I just like it for it's ability to wish with opti coat easily. But it is a very good polish as well. Although opticoat no longer exists...

Oh wow sweet! I forgot you did that, I remember your paint nib thread now though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Nice work Roshan, "Swirly Girl" is on her way to "Queen VW"!!!
She's actually done! Finished filming yesterday

Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #8
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
She's actually done! Finished filming yesterday

Can't wait to see her at her finest!
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
When the "Corrected Finish" part of the video began, at first I didn't realize you were showing a comparison, starting with a masked off portion that hadn't been detailed yet. My initial thought was, "that... that ain't so good, dude. It doesn't look any better than it did before." Then the camera panned to the actual corrected area, and I was all, "OHHH! Now I get it!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
When the "Corrected Finish" part of the video began, at first I didn't realize you were showing a comparison, starting with a masked off portion that hadn't been detailed yet. My initial thought was, "that... that ain't so good, dude. It doesn't look any better than it did before." Then the camera panned to the actual corrected area, and I was all, "OHHH! Now I get it!"
Haha I can totally see why you thought that! Slightly confusing to show uncorrected paint right after saying finished correction