Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #57
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
just watch it if it starts leaking, you cant get the parts tp get to get it fixed,

Bought a 00 FRC a couple years ago, & it leaked really bad at the doors & we tried for like 3yrs to get parts for it, Only to find out that GM no longer makes that part.

ended selling it for a 02 vert which we sold for our 2010 Camaro lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #58
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Thats badass congrats on your trade.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #59
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
You had a C6 and went to a 5th gen?? Has Mike slapped you yet?

I would have traded him straight up.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #60
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
for this

02 z06 22k miles, bone stock minus a short shifter. this thing is REDICULOUS, too much fun. i can say i will miss my ss BUT i have ZERO regrets getting the Z so far. its one heck of a machine

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #61
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
very cool!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #62
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Congrats!!! Never understood why chrome wheels wasn't an option for the C5 Z06? Here's our 2002 Z06 with chrome wheels.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #63
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Congrats! My cousin has one just like yours. They're fast right off the showroom floor and will always feel lighter on its feet than a Camaro ever will. I can't get enough of my cousin's car when I drive it!
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #64
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Congrats!!! Never understood why chrome wheels wasn't an option for the C5 Z06? Here's our 2002 Z06 with chrome wheels.
i know right? esp. on black cars. the gunmetal gray wheels are pretty cool as well. they should've offered those two plus black from the factory IMO. i see you are from nova, im originally from springfield nice z btw
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #65
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Nice. I had an '01 Corvette and loved it. Some tips; You may experience the turn signals not working, but the 4 ways are fine. There is a flash bypass relay (aftermarket) that is plug and play that can fix that. The vette forums have the link. I say this cause the fix at a chevy service dept calls for yanking the dash to fix it! This mod you just have to take the lower steering column cover off, locate the wiring harness and plug the relay in. Easy fix.

Next, pop the hood and check the 'udders'. on the driver side just below the windshield, reach under the cowl housing and you'll feel (I think 2 of them) the udders. These allow water to drain out of the cowl area. They are notorious for filling up with leaves and won't let the water out. Bad thing with this is your wiper motor is in this area (you can't see it) and it will end up sitting in water and burn out. They are on the passenger side too.

I was told to check under the battery to see if there is any damage. I don't really know what I was looking for then someone told me about wet cell vs. dry cell batteries. Battery acid will eat fiberglass is the point. I got a Optima Red Top dry cell. No worries.

Watch your coolant resevoir for dry rot around the bottom hose. It looks like the original is still in there. Not just the hose, but the outlet can get brittle. Plastic + heat + age. You can get a leak there and look for days where it's coming from!

Is your oil pressure guage reading accurately? The sending unit's do go bad and it requires taking the intake off to get to it! However, there is a mod to that that will relocate the sending unit (no altering the location) so it's accessible by just lifting the hood and it's right next to the driver's side engine cover. Even comes with an inline guage to get an accuate reading.

Look up under the front end of the car. You'll see the radiator and the plastic around it that guides the air in. Lot's of debris gets trapped up in there.

Find a service manual set. I still haven't seen a chilton's or Haynes manual for these yet!

These are fun cars to drive.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #66
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Nice. I had an '01 Corvette and loved it. Some tips; You may experience the turn signals not working, but the 4 ways are fine. There is a flash bypass relay (aftermarket) that is plug and play that can fix that. The vette forums have the link. I say this cause the fix at a chevy service dept calls for yanking the dash to fix it! This mod you just have to take the lower steering column cover off, locate the wiring harness and plug the relay in. Easy fix.

Next, pop the hood and check the 'udders'. on the driver side just below the windshield, reach under the cowl housing and you'll feel (I think 2 of them) the udders. These allow water to drain out of the cowl area. They are notorious for filling up with leaves and won't let the water out. Bad thing with this is your wiper motor is in this area (you can't see it) and it will end up sitting in water and burn out. They are on the passenger side too.

I was told to check under the battery to see if there is any damage. I don't really know what I was looking for then someone told me about wet cell vs. dry cell batteries. Battery acid will eat fiberglass is the point. I got a Optima Red Top dry cell. No worries.

Watch your coolant resevoir for dry rot around the bottom hose. It looks like the original is still in there. Not just the hose, but the outlet can get brittle. Plastic + heat + age. You can get a leak there and look for days where it's coming from!

Is your oil pressure guage reading accurately? The sending unit's do go bad and it requires taking the intake off to get to it! However, there is a mod to that that will relocate the sending unit (no altering the location) so it's accessible by just lifting the hood and it's right next to the driver's side engine cover. Even comes with an inline guage to get an accuate reading.

Look up under the front end of the car. You'll see the radiator and the plastic around it that guides the air in. Lot's of debris gets trapped up in there.

Find a service manual set. I still haven't seen a chilton's or Haynes manual for these yet!

These are fun cars to drive.
This post pretty much proves my point ,and this isn't all the so called little problems they have. Your's is a great looking car and that's what sucked me into buying one. But boy it didn't take long for me to regret that purchase. I hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote