Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #295
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I think gearhead and fbodfather just proved this is the real deal!! case closed!!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #296
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Fbod is GM shooting for a release week or is everything in the air at this point?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #297
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Fbod is GM shooting for a release week or is everything in the air at this point?

We want to ship these cars as soon as possible -

BUT........

(...OK - all together now -- in unison )

".....when all is as it should be..."

I will not give anyone a 'date' on when we're going to ship cars. There's a simple reason: we are continuing our work as we move toward shipment...this isn't anything unusual - what IS unusual is that so many people knew when their cars were built - that hasn't really happened in the past...............

For those who have not seen one of my posts....we held the 1998 Fcars for several weeks simply because there were a couple of issues that disturbed us - and we wanted our customers to be 'over the moon' with their purchase of a new Camaro or Firebird........we feel just as strongly (if not more) today......

So...yes, it's frustrating to see all of those magnificent cars sitting at Oshawa - but remember - we're holding them to ensure that you will be blown away by just how amazing they are...........

Suggestions:

1. Decaf

2. Cold shower

(....sorry - could not resist....)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #298
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We want to ship these cars as soon as possible -

BUT........

(...OK - all together now -- in unison )

".....when all is as it should be..."

I will not give anyone a 'date' on when we're going to ship cars. There's a simple reason: we are continuing our work as we move toward shipment...this isn't anything unusual - what IS unusual is that so many people knew when their cars were built - that hasn't really happened in the past...............

For those who have not seen one of my posts....we held the 1998 Fcars for several weeks simply because there were a couple of issues that disturbed us - and we wanted our customers to be 'over the moon' with their purchase of a new Camaro or Firebird........we feel just as strongly (if not more) today......

So...yes, it's frustrating to see all of those magnificent cars sitting at Oshawa - but remember - we're holding them to ensure that you will be blown away by just how amazing they are...........

Suggestions:

1. Decaf

2. Cold shower
I understand and it's appreciated that you guys are taking the time out to do this for us... I just love Shaniqwa... Everyone here loves their ZL1... We just want them home <3 take care of her for me Fbod... She is really sensitive and if you can tell her I love her and miss her... Can you do that for me? (:
Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #299
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
OMG, I just wish a small fraction of you understood what goes on with testing of major items and equipment.

I do QC, enviromental, R&D, evaluations and everything else under the sun for the military. When it comes to a big ticket item like this GM wants to get it right the first time. They can't afford to recall 2000 to 3000 cars to fix a small issue that could have been delt with at the factory.

Everyone at GM knows you want your cars, they know that they gave a time frame of mid March, but if they can't meet that deadline due to fixing or improving their product then they lose a lot of money with recalls.

Let GM continue to give us the best quality product that they have been doing now for 100 years. God knows we don't need another Corvair running around. Sorry, I had to go there....
Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #300
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
OMG, I just wish a small fraction of you understood what goes on with testing of major items and equipment.

I do QC, enviromental, R&D, evaluations and everything else under the sun for the military. When it comes to a big ticket item like this GM wants to get it right the first time. They can't afford to recall 2000 to 3000 cars to fix a small issue that could have been delt with at the factory.

Everyone at GM knows you want your cars, they know that they gave a time frame of mid March, but if they can't meet that deadline due to fixing or improving their product then they lose a lot of money with recalls.

Let GM continue to give us the best quality product that they have been doing now for 100 years. God knows we don't need another Corvair running around. Sorry, I had to go there....
Oh you mean another chevy volt ?
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #301
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinakshay View Post

GM and the the NHTSA have concluded that there is no issue with the battery of the volt. Keep up with the news.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #302
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Here's the build on the car. You can see it's an Ashen Gray ZL1. You can also see that it was ordered with the Heritage Grille. Option VAS-GRILLE-BODY COLOR is the Heritage Grille we see in the pictures.
This is NOT meant as a slam in any way, but I am curious if the Heritage Grill was installed by the dealer or came from the factory already installed?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #303
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
OMG!! That picture came up on the next thread. I can't believe you got all those pictures. I really like the ones of under the hood. Thanks for the pics man.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #304
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
I maybe just as excited as the folks who ordered one. I won't get to see one in real life for another 3+ years when I get back to the states.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #305
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
This is NOT meant as a slam in any way, but I am curious if the Heritage Grill was installed by the dealer or came from the factory already installed?
Its dealer installed,If you look at the screen shot posted of the build sheet it says "REPLACES FACTORY GRILLE-DLR INSTALLED"
If look at the post above you'll also see the screen shot of the vehicle transaction history report where the dealer summited a claim to GM where they installed the grille.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #306
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Its dealer installed,If you look at the screen shot posted of the build sheet it says "REPLACES FACTORY GRILLE-DLR INSTALLED"
If look at the post above you'll also see the screen shot of the vehicle transaction history report where the dealer summited a claim to GM where they installed the grille.
Thanks, I am working off of my iPhone so screen shots are a little hard to read. I appreciate the information.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #307
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
FWIW....I agree with most others,I don't like the heritage grille in the ZL1

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #308
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinakshay View Post

I'm not sure if this is meant as a 'shot' or a 'joke' -- but just in case, let me make a few comments.

the Volt in question caught on fire quite some time after the crash test - like more than a week....NHTSA never depowered the car as the instructions spell out very clearly. (...and they were aware of those instructions)

The fire occurred over a weekend - with no one around........hmmmmmmm.....

Once the fire occurred, NHTSA went to work poking and prodding the car at levels unlikely ever to occur.....had they done the same poking and prodding of a conventional gasoline powered car - there likely would have been explosions in the test lab.

More disturbing to me is the video making its way around the 'net from Fox News. (I'm a fan of Fox News incidently- ) - but they got this one so very wrong - and it's doing damage - it gives the 'estimated' costs to drive a Volt - and they have the costs all wrong - but the damage continues to be done.

The Volt has become a political punching bag - and how tragic that is - an American Company is producing a car that does what no other car can do - and some of our own people (Americans) take great relish in bashing this innovative car.

I personally (Note I said personally) find it reprehensible.