Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #15
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Amazon is currently the cheapest place to get that "adapter", it's about $100 cheaper than the cheapest GM parts outlet I had previously priced out the LFX intake swap for the LLT cars on.

The only downside to buying from Amazon is the wait time in shipping, and that they won't ship internationally... I bought one, and it took almost 2 months to get to me in the states.

Keep in mind, you will also need a bunch of other random parts for this swap, along with that adapter piece. The composite LFX upper intake, intake bolts, partial gasket set, couple pcv lines (LLT ones may work, but might need to be pulled/stretched out of shape), purge solenoid, a map sensor (just to plug the hole, or you can just plug the hole), I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a couple things, but my parts list is floating around in another thread this swap was discussed in before.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #16
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
How much of a difference should I notice going from a stage 3 ported intake manifold to a ported LFX manifold? I already have the mace spacer in as well I don't wanna pay like 900 for a little gain
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #17
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

Drives: VE SV6 S2 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
12633365 by ACDelco - Got this in my amazon wishlist for the future, but from everything I can find online this part number is just good for the adapter right? This is just the lower cast portion and I would still have to source the upper plastic intake plenum?
That's right, this is only the lower cast portion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Oh Well
Double whammy :-(
#sob
Attachment 698031
Of course it says that! when i bought my brembos it said 'this does not fit your pontiac G8' but it did so just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. For some reason here at work, I can't view the images. :(

I think if I were to do this mod, I'm not sure that I'd use a spacer, in addition to the adapter that goes on the bottom of the LFX manifold. I'm not saying there is any problem with doing so, but I think we've found that after a certain point of making the runners longer, you start to lose top end power.

I'm betting that if I went with a modded LFX intake like the one that Jac_Fab offers, and used just the GM adapter, that would likely be enough of a difference for me. Not to mention since I'm using a Vararam air intake, I couldn't raise my intake too much...otherwise the my air intake wouldn't work correctly.

Looking forward to seeing what kjkjr27 thinks. I've been running a ported LLT intake for a long while now, but I can't say it ever really impressed me all that much.
I think i may have lost some HP a touch under redline but i'm okay with that, the low-mid torque that i use for daily driving feels significantly better now which makes the car feel lighter overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Glad to see others doing this mod. I was skeptical at first about it going from a stage 4 ported LLT manifold but the gains are there.
Definitely is, especially for heat and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Amazon is currently the cheapest place to get that "adapter", it's about $100 cheaper than the cheapest GM parts outlet I had previously priced out the LFX intake swap for the LLT cars on.

The only downside to buying from Amazon is the wait time in shipping, and that they won't ship internationally... I bought one, and it took almost 2 months to get to me in the states.

Keep in mind, you will also need a bunch of other random parts for this swap, along with that adapter piece. The composite LFX upper intake, intake bolts, partial gasket set, couple pcv lines (LLT ones may work, but might need to be pulled/stretched out of shape), purge solenoid, a map sensor (just to plug the hole, or you can just plug the hole), I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a couple things, but my parts list is floating around in another thread this swap was discussed in before.
Yep! there's a lot of miscellaneous bits and pieces but they were all easy to source

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
How much of a difference should I notice going from a stage 3 ported intake manifold to a ported LFX manifold? I already have the mace spacer in as well I don't wanna pay like 900 for a little gain
not worth it IMO, i bought the spacer for around $200 and the intake manifold + little bits and pieces to make it work for $100 - wouldn't dare spend 900 though. I'd much rather buy MACE cams, especially when your U.S dollar is so much stronger than our AUD.
SV6GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #18
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
How much all in Jac_Fab for this?

I see lower intake manifold on Amazon for $161.00
How many other parts do I need?

Anyone's guess as to what hp gains are seen by this? I autocross, so reducing my heat soak in between runs would be pretty sweet.
But I think paying more than $400 total for this setup just isnt worth it...

But glad to see people are trying this out and I'm excited to do another project if the overall price isnt sky high.

THanks for the replies,
Old 04-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #19
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
It is def more than $400. Closer to 5, more if you get the intake ported. I spent about $600 for all the parts
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #20
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

i only bought longer bolts (~$20), the adapter (~$220) delivered, some hose for my catch can/manifold ($10) and a second hand LFX manifold ($75). That's in aussie dollar, so around $250usd for everything required to make it work.

The gains are there, especially because of the low end torque bump. My car has every handling mod on the market, this improves turn in as the motor is lighter up top and as a result, it lowers the center of gravity.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #21
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Thanks guys!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #22
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
LFX manifold on an LLT

It sounds great, I just don't want to loose my painted engine cover and strut bar though :-(

Last edited by redleader; 04-05-2015 at 04:48 PM.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #23
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
It sounds great, I just don't want to loose my painted engine cover and strut bar though :-(
I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure you can still use your same painted engine cover, and the strut bar will clear no problem.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #24
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very interesting stuff & fun to follow, but for me I just can't get past the ugly factor............................................ ............................................yet.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:38 AM   #25
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

Quote:
Our engines are much higher than that of the camaro, so we experience clearance issues much more than you guys - there goes some hope of a low profile top mount charger. My insulators where only half an inch thick, any more and the strut bar wouldn't clear (when i had the LLT manifold).

From what i know, you will have no issues with clearance

Last edited by SV6GUY; 04-08-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #26
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
The LLT engine cover is the same part number as the LFX engine cover, so your LLT engine cover will work fine with the LFX intake swap. And the strut bar will also still clear on the Camaro.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #27
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
None of pictures work in the write up.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #28
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
LFX Intake Manifold Swap:
At 7.5 lbs total weight, it reduces weight by 12 pounds (from 18.75 lbs).
More low end torque.
Can change plugs and coil packs without removing it.

Parts Needed:
Part# 12642700; LFX composite upper intake manifold.
Part# 12633365; Chevy Traverse Lower intake manifold piece (spacer).
Part# 11562253 x 4; Bolts that hold the upper and lower intake together (11562253)
Part# 12647263; intake gasket kit, upper
Part# 11588930 x5, and Part# 11562253 x 1 bolts; holds the intake assembly to the engine
Part# 55593172; Purge solenoid
Part# 12638437; Purge solenoid hardline from TANK line to rear of the solenoid
Part# 92242280; PCV hardline
Part# 55573248; MAP sensor (just to plug the hole, or you can make your own plug and not buy that).

If available, can use the MACE 12mm Spacer in place of the factory traverse lower piece. The six bolts that secure the intake manifold must be 10mm longer.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote