Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Mach83

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
Considering this 2013 1LE

I'm considering a 2013 1LE with 21,000 miles. This dealer sold it new and serviced it regularly. Carfax indicates it was driven here in northeast through winters of 14'and 15.' Tires are the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Rears are at 5 and fronts are at 8/32. Price is 30K.

My budget was 25-26 but thus far I haven't seen a 1LE in that range. I have a trade so I'm looking for a dealer car.

I've really been looking for a 1LE at the right price point/ right car. This being at 30 represents the best price I've seen, but in fairness a couple of the others priced at 33 were 14's.

What does everyone think? I've read good things about the Michelins for street use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mach83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
You'll love it. Seems to be a good price especially with the ZL1 front fascia already on there. See if you can find out what other mods are on it. I would say go for it if you can swing it and see if they are firm on the $30,000.
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Offer them 25 and then see if the both of you can find a happy place somewhere in between.

If everyone isnt happy, then move on and keep searching. They are out there. And sometimes they dont even have an idea what they are selling.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I wouldnt do it man because of the zl1 fascia..... sorry too big a fan of 1les. There was a black 15 for sale on craigs around detroit for 32k, insane car with recaros and NPP. To me a 1LE is a no no without recaros and NPP but I must admit I love the 13s rear and front more.

Its end of year, you ca get a new 1LE with NPP and recaros for close to 34k if not lower since the 6th gens are out and dealers need to move inventory. Go find a 1SS and just low ball the dealer, they need to move product before january bad. December is always the best, use it. By the way, you will fall in love with the 1LE so bad you have no idea, what a car. 3 years strong and its like I bought it yesterday. 60F in Metro Detroit today, first thing I told my wife is I am going out to drive it!!!!
Old 12-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
Mgizzle

http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#!vd...tyId=undefined

2015 one. Your dealer is asking way to much. There is a red one 3 miles from me, 2015, cadillac dealer, 7k miles. 32k
http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#!vd...tyId=undefined

You can negotiate that first 2013 down to 26-27 I am sure since they got it for under 20k trade in I am sure. There is also a dark red 13 1LE on autotrader, low 30s with 1800 miles on it.

Do it!!!

Last edited by Mgizzle; 12-24-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:38 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Optioned out perfectly IMO. RS, 1LE with NO ROOF! I'd say that appears to be a nice one.

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #7
Mach83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I wouldnt do it man because of the zl1 fascia..... sorry too big a fan of 1les. There was a black 15 for sale on craigs around detroit for 32k, insane car with recaros and NPP. To me a 1LE is a no no without recaros and NPP but I must admit I love the 13s rear and front more.

Its end of year, you ca get a new 1LE with NPP and recaros for close to 34k if not lower since the 6th gens are out and dealers need to move inventory. Go find a 1SS and just low ball the dealer, they need to move product before january bad. December is always the best, use it. By the way, you will fall in love with the 1LE so bad you have no idea, what a car. 3 years strong and its like I bought it yesterday. 60F in Metro Detroit today, first thing I told my wife is I am going out to drive it!!!!
I'm not sure where the dealers are that are considering lowballs. I've made a couple attempts at dealers up here and they couldn't care less about the gen 6 or about moving the inventory. I say exactly what you just said to them and they look at me like I'm nuts. They don't chase me either when I leave. There is a new 2SS RS 1LE with NPP and NAV up here advertised on holiday special for 38. It's been on the lot for 95 days and I said 35. They laughed at me. They even followed up with a text of inventory and pricing within 500 miles to prove how nuts they thought I was.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #8
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
What about selling your trade yourself, and then having cash buy what you really want. I always buy from private parties because I absolutely hate paying $2500 in sales tax. Seems like wasted $$ to me. Plus, you can always find better deals from a private seller. I love buying off the forums because you're buying, in most cases, well maintained cars from knowledgeable guys and gals. It's the easiest way in my book to get a great car at a good price. Just my .02.

Just picked up a 2014 1SS/1LE with Recaros, NPP, Boston, 15K miles for $30.5.....They are out there.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #9
Mach83

Good point. Something I am considering as I have a soft bite on the trade private sale.

Is the ZL1 fascia something that might have been optioned or do we think this was added on. I thought I read an article that adding the fascia aftermarket wasn't that simple, requiring a ZL1 hood too. I didn't even notice until you guys pointed it out.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #10
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach83 View Post
I'm not sure where the dealers are that are considering lowballs. I've made a couple attempts at dealers up here and they couldn't care less about the gen 6 or about moving the inventory. I say exactly what you just said to them and they look at me like I'm nuts. They don't chase me either when I leave. There is a new 2SS RS 1LE with NPP and NAV up here advertised on holiday special for 38. It's been on the lot for 95 days and I said 35. They laughed at me. They even followed up with a text of inventory and pricing within 500 miles to prove how nuts they thought I was.
They're just trying NOT to appear to care about moving inventory. That's their number one goal, they start losing money the second that car hits their lot.
That's why you make an offer and walk out. They'll be calling within 24 hours guaranteed.
You have to remember, they do this every day, all day long. They have the face down pat.
What really matters is book value. The ZL1 fascia means nothing.
You never tell them about your trade or any other little tidbits until you've negotiated the price of the car.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
Mgizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach83 View Post
I dont get it, I just gave you two links of cars in low 30s yet they are asking 38!!! Flat bed towing is around $500 if you want those dropped off at the door. Interesting. Best luck with the search. Give Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet a call, she heloed guys out of state many times and is very active on this forum.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #12
Mach83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I dont get it, I just gave you two links of cars in low 30s yet they are asking 38!!! Flat bed towing is around $500 if you want those dropped off at the door. Interesting. Best luck with the search. Give Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet a call, she heloed guys out of state many times and is very active on this forum.
Ok.....the first car you sent was a 2013 and is comparable to what I'm looking at now. Higher mileage - as my 2013 find is 20,700 miles vs. yours at about 26. Same exact asking price. No revelation there.

The 2015 you sent is used, not new and is a 1SS. Yes it has Recaros, which is awesome, but then it also has a bunch of interior trim stuff that I'm thinking is aftermarket and IMHO cheesy. The 38k car I referenced is brand new and is a 2SS, which I want.

Your overall point is well taken and I believe valid, but the examples just didn't jump out at me as legitimate comps to show a dealer. He'd pick them apart pretty quick.

My trade is a high mileage DD that is a high volume 'dime a dozen' car. Not a huge private sale market without giving it away. What's happening here with the 2013 I found is they are dazzling me with an extra pile of money on the trade and holding firm on the internet price. I will put more info in next post.

I agree that being a cash buyer would put me in a stronger position to get movement on the price, but to get into that position would require its own compromise. I still have to work every day, and each day adds 130 miles to my trade, and I'm an enthusiast like everyone else here so unloading her in a trade is quick and painless vs. Craigslisting until there's 2 feet of snow here.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #13
Mach83

Merry Christmas everyone. So the first day I looked at and drove the 2013 in the opening post was overcast and raining. We just stopped by today so I could show the wife and take a better look. In the sun. I'm a bit disappointed looking more closely, but I ask all of you how typical this stuff is for a car of this vintage. Sometimes I have to check myself because I forget.....it is a used car!

Aftermarket Gill graphics:

This is just cheeseball to me, and why I wouldn't do it. Subtle but still, she isn't a ZL-1. This devalues the car IMHO.

Nice door ding touched up:

How typical is this??

ZL-1 rockers too.

Wth is going on here? Is that a ZL-1 splash guard? Bumper cover drooping?

I can't get past the tires. Don't get me wrong, I believe the pilot sports to be a great all season tire for,this car, but the fronts are 7/32" by my measurement. Michelin specs 10/32" new. The rears, however, are 4/32". They quote 5, but to me, the rears are on their way out.

I don't read tires for a living, but if anyone out there does, please interpret the cracking here.

She's sharp from here though. To me, she needs some allowances for the cosmetics and the rubber. Big one for me - not pictured - is a couple light but noticeable wheel scuffs. I'm not familiar if that stuff is fixable or not.

Quite a few rock chips fwd of gills. Little ones, but probably pretty typical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #14
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Yes, I have alot of expel. One thing the original owner should have considered. The car does look pretty beat up it seems, not bad, but not 30k for sure.