Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Tones
COYG

Drives: 2010 RS Bumblebee
Anyone have experience with shipping to/from Russia?

So I purchased a pretty high dollar item back on February 22nd and it has yet to show up. I have been contacting ebay, usps, and the seller to find this item. USPS informed me that the item was shipped with 8 other items from Russia to the US, all 8 other items were delivered but mine has no record of even leaving Russia, even though it was on the same pallet as these items and were scanned together at departure.

I contacted ebay just to see the solution and they opened a case for me which in return the seller message me pleading me to close the case that this has happened before and the item showed up delivered 2 months later, he apparently contacted his local post office and they are seeing what they can do.

I am just trying to see both ends of this in mine and the sellers perspective, but if I close the case I am going to be SOL if the item does not show up.
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Just curious...what did you buy that was located in Russia you couldn't get here.....or was it you got a good deal on it?

A watch?

Never Russia, but have shipped and received things from overseas that took months to get there or to arrive here.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Tones
COYG

Drives: 2010 RS Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Just curious...what did you buy that was located in Russia you couldn't get here.....or was it you got a good deal on it?

A watch?

Never Russia, but have shipped and received things from overseas that took months to get there or to arrive here.
haha good guess, yes it was a watch that I got a good deal on, the issue that i am seeing is the fact it was scanned in with 8 other packages coming to the us and every other package has been delivered with mine having no record of even entering the US
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Well, you know what they say in Russia don't you. Tuftkie Shizkie.
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #5
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
haha good guess, yes it was a watch that I got a good deal on, the issue that i am seeing is the fact it was scanned in with 8 other packages coming to the us and every other package has been delivered with mine having no record of even entering the US
I'm in the business...

Grey market watches are huge in Europe and Russia. Biggest sale I ever made was for a package of 7 watches....retail over 3 million.

Pm me all the info you have and I'll see if I can find out anything about the seller. There is a chance it will still show up.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:57 AM   #6
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Was it a mail order bride?

Don't close your case. That's your best recourse. If your new bride shows up two months later then you'll report that to eBay and he'll get his funds.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
The NSA is on it .