Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
lsuguy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Adam's Glass Sealant Review - Ongoing

Dylan was kind enough to send out a few of Adam's Polishes Perfect Vision kits to 3 Camaro5 member for review.

The kit can be found here:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-624-a...ant-combo.aspx

I decided to try it out on my daily driver since my Camaro rarely get driven if the weather is bad. So this morning I cleaned up half of my truck's windshield using Adam's Glass Cleaner, one of Adam's glass towels, and followed it up with an application of the Adam's Glass Sealant.

First things first, the glass cleaner. I have used Adam's Glass Cleaner prior to this review but it definitely deserves a mention. I always used Invisible Glass until recently and I much prefer the Adam's product. It removes so easy without leaving any kind of streaking. And like all the rest of the Adam's line it smells good too

I might as well cover their glass towels while I am at it. When I initially bought their glass cleaner I did not purchase any of their towels. I must say that the glass cleaning towels make life much easier than using anything else so I highly recommend picking up a couple of them along with the glass cleaner.

Finally, the sealant. The product applies really quick and easy. You simply apply a small amount to the microfiber applicator and cover the area in a cross hatching pattern. After it has been on the glass for several moments, the product hazes up and is easily removed with another pass of the glass cleaner.

I only applied the product to half of my windshield so the next opportunity I get to drive in the rain I can take photos/videos of the difference. One thing to note, I live about 10min from the gulf so our humidity levels in the morning are through the roof. It's so bad that in the mornings the windows of your vehicle are covered in water which can make it difficult to see out. I am curious to see if this product will have an affect on the moisture accumulation overnight and plan to follow up with the results in the morning.

Overall so far I am very impressed with the perfect vision kit and cannot wait to test the product in the rain. The only thing I did notice during the application is that the directions on the sealant bottle say to "spray 5-6 pumps" on the applicator. The bottle I received and the bottle that Dylan uses in the application video is a squeeze bottle. I am guessing they changed the type of bottle top since the label was produced and this of course has no affect on the product or how easy it it to use.

Stay tuned in tomorrow morning and I will post to let you know the results of what I mentioned above. I will also follow up once we get some rain!

Update - So it didn't really help with the moisture accumulation but thats not what it's supposed to do, it was just a wish of mine I will follow up once we get some rain down here!

Last edited by lsuguy; 10-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.
lsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
lsuguy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Still no rain as of today. Will update when we finally get some!
lsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks for the update... you are right about the spray vs. pour top on the product.

When it was first released it was a sprayer, but we found that due to the concentration of the chemical it would literally eat the sprayer seals. So we changed to pour top, but still have thousands of labels to go thru before it can be updated.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
You mean you gotta wait for it to rain in LA? LOL Let us know when it does, I'm sure the stuff will do its job.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
i put some on my wife's jeep compass today (not my first time using it) i love this stuff, i can tell its very potent of whatever it has because i used it with an old meguairs foam pad and that stuff ate right through the applicator after i let it sit for a while lol will have to use an adams microfiber applicator next time.

is it just me or does the glass sealant actually enhance the clarity of the glass?
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post

is it just me or does the glass sealant actually enhance the clarity of the glass?
It will. It wasn't originally designed for that, but we noticed the same thing in testing... the glass seemed 'clearer' after an application. Some playing with it I've done shows it fills slightly so small pits and scratches have less of an impact on light passing thru than they do untreated.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote