Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
eblanchette

Drives: 1LE
Did something happen to MACE USA/VelocityPort?

Hi all;

Just wondering; I have been getting no answer from MACE USA/VelocityPort from either camaro5 or direct email.

He has my intake manifold because he's upgrading to stg4 + redo the filling. He got it February 27, 2014 , 2:12 pm as per my usps tracking number.

Usually he answers fast, but last time I've heard of him(1 week ago) he told me he had a nasty flu.

1. Did something happen to him?
2. Is this a normal turnaround time?

Good weather is coming and I can't move my car because of this :(

Thanks.
eblanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
You may send a PM to the original poster in this linked thread to see what he did to get it solved. From memory, he was a several weeks out.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335290
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
eblanchette

Other forum members are affected by this as well. This is getting out of control, too many delays, too many excuses(some say BS, some say IDK), I'm at my 3rd unanswered email; and he's operating under the name of MACE, who is a sponsor of this forum. This is just wrong.

Something needs to be done, it is not normal to push people to file claims to their bank and lose their IM!! especially when the good temperatures are coming...

MACE_ENG , can you do something?!?

EDIT: sadly I am not the worst case... Chime in if you want, you know who you are
Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
If you guys are concerned, ask RcnJasn for the parts for an LFX manifold conversion.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Did something happen to MACE USA/VelocityPort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
If you guys are concerned, ask RcnJasn for the parts for an LFX manifold conversion.

That's still being worked on, but we are also experimenting with porting LLT intake manifolds. I've finally got a lead on a local LLT car that I can use for testing

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 04-07-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
eblanchette

I wish we could ditch the intake and bolt on a twin screw to that motor
Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Well there are twin turbo kits out, if you wanted all the torque...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I don't know if you were aware of the filler coming off, here is a thread where it was being discussed, just start at the top of the page.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...08#post7560208
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
I don't know if you were aware of the filler coming off, here is a thread where it was being discussed, just start at the top of the page.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...08#post7560208
Supposedly that problem has been fixed on all new manifolds that were/are(?) being done.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Still having problems with them. Sent them my core in February and still no refund. I was promised id have it last week as well
Old 04-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
BigE82

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I have been trying to think of a good way to word this but I ordered a manifold and spacer from them on Feb 15th and still don't have it. I was originally told 2 weeks from date of order then a month later I kept getting "oh just a few more days" "we had a bad snow storm" " I was out sick" all bad excuses imo since it takes just a few minutes to answer emails and say hey I'm out of commission. Now it supposedly was picked up by usps today but I have been fed all kinds of finish dates and failed time lines multiple emails that went days unanswered and contact with MACE_Eng only to be told they had been having problems with their guys at velocity pbort and even advised me to tell a friend who wants this great mod to hold off till they can figure out what is going on. (This same friend was getting quick email responses while I heard nothing for another 24 hrs. I will advise to anyone wanting to do this to wait until MACE_ENG can resolve whatever issues are happening at velocity port.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #12
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE82 View Post
I have been trying to think of a good way to word this but I ordered a manifold and spacer from them on Feb 15th and still don't have it. I was originally told 2 weeks from date of order then a month later I kept getting "oh just a few more days" "we had a bad snow storm" " I was out sick" all bad excuses imo since it takes just a few minutes to answer emails and say hey I'm out of commission. Now it supposedly was picked up by usps today but I have been fed all kinds of finish dates and failed time lines multiple emails that went days unanswered and contact with MACE_Eng only to be told they had been having problems with their guys at velocity pbort and even advised me to tell a friend who wants this great mod to hold off till they can figure out what is going on. (This same friend was getting quick email responses while I heard nothing for another 24 hrs. I will advise to anyone wanting to do this to wait until MACE_ENG can resolve whatever issues are happening at velocity port.

They gave me the same run around just a few months ago. I hope we all recieve our parts/money. I orginally had a much longer post earlier but for some reason it didn't post and I dont like typing stories on my phone.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #13
BigE82

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I hope everyone who has paid them gets their parts and core refunds. This is just ridiculous and piss pour customer service. I hope something is done and I really hope I don't have to deal with a problem getting my core money refund. That is a simple 5 min job and there should be zero excuse for a delay.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE82 View Post
I hope everyone who has paid them gets their parts and core refunds. This is just ridiculous and piss pour customer service. I hope something is done and I really hope I don't have to deal with a problem getting my core money refund. That is a simple 5 min job and there should be zero excuse for a delay.

Not making excuses, but it is not a simple 5 min job. I ported my lfx intake myself and it took a while, not to mention setup times for epoxy and smoothing out after the epoxy cured.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote