Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #15
BigE82

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I never said porting was, but the refund of a core charge is

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #16
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I even asked for them to send money through paypal but they just ignore it and say they will be sending me a check. I guess their way of buying more time, by having my checks "lost" in the mail.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #17
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
I even asked for them to send money through paypal but they just ignore it and say they will be sending me a check. I guess their way of buying more time, by having my checks "lost" in the mail.
You're screwed, I was suppose to get a check to cover shipping costs for repairing my manifold twice. That was in October.

Starting to think I have the last good ported intake from them, handles 200+ ℉, vibrations, and boost.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
eblanchette

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
You're screwed, I was suppose to get a check to cover shipping costs for repairing my manifold twice. That was in October.

Starting to think I have the last good ported intake from them, handles 200+ ℉, vibrations, and boost.
That's scary, my car is held hostage in the garage because it doesn't have an intake.... not good.

Should I get a spare one?
eblanchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblanchette View Post
That's scary, my car is held hostage in the garage because it doesn't have an intake.... not good.

Should I get a spare one?
If you can. When I bought my ported IM I purchased a core from them so I could keep my stock one. I know Stage 4's take a long time, the filler holds though.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #20
BigE82

Is the "Well send you a check" the only method of return payment they do? Because if that's the case I'd probably just want to sell my stock IM for the core price once I get my ported one in if anyone is interested

Old 04-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #21
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
Mace_ENG (jay) may have disclosed what the problem was with Paypal, and why he wanted a check, I don't recall it.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #22
eblanchette

He answered me today, he said he'd have my tracking number by thursday...

I previously emailed him that I'd file a credit card claim if nothing gets done(he went 2-3 weeks without answers), and he seemed pissed off in his response; he mentioned that he was not going to upgrade to stg4 and just redo the filler + refund the money.

Time will tell I guess.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #23
BigE82

What a waste. I emailed today asking for a tracking number since my IM was "picked up to be shipped" yesterday. The reply I got back was oh sorry we've been busy I'll look into it and get back to you. Still no reply with a tracking number.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #24
PieNsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Supposedly that problem has been fixed on all new manifolds that were/are(?) being done.
This is from two days ago on the link you are referencing :
So first day its been nice out here without snow and decided to check the intake from mace. pieces of the glue stuff still flaking off. So i chiseled it out. i swear the stuff that was stuffed inside the intake with glue looked like rolled up duct tape. it was def some type of tape at the bottom and it was soaked in oil.

i also think the oil getting into my intake leaking down onto tb is a defective rx cc.. iam getting a bunch of oil dripping down into tb and then in the maf on the ram cai.

going to order a new pvc orfice because it seems like since i drilled it bigger per tracy @rx this is when the leaking started.

should i go with apex cc or elite? also do i need any check valves on the cc. i running basically stock.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #25
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
This is from two days ago on the link you are referencing :
So first day its been nice out here without snow and decided to check the intake from mace. pieces of the glue stuff still flaking off. So i chiseled it out. i swear the stuff that was stuffed inside the intake with glue looked like rolled up duct tape. it was def some type of tape at the bottom and it was soaked in oil.

i also think the oil getting into my intake leaking down onto tb is a defective rx cc.. iam getting a bunch of oil dripping down into tb and then in the maf on the ram cai.

going to order a new pvc orfice because it seems like since i drilled it bigger per tracy @rx this is when the leaking started.

should i go with apex cc or elite? also do i need any check valves on the cc. i running basically stock.
The new method was only started in October and only on Stage 4 Intake Manifolds.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #26
PieNsky

Should anyone be concerned of a piece of the filler (epoxy?) breaking off and getting between the valve and its seat?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #27
eblanchette

I was concerned so I took my throttle body off, and saw the flaked-off filler, the flakes go in the engine but mine performed okay, so I guess no damage.

But definitely unbolt the throttle body and take a look where the filler is thin, on the side.

I wish it was done right the first time, we would'nt have to go through this "waiting" period a 2nd time.

Let's hope everybody gets what they want. Still no tracking # for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #28
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
I think its def best for all to chisel the junk out. I took the TB off and stuffed a big rag up into the intake to avoid any pices off the glue going into the intake. Just be careful and dont wack it to hard with a hammer. Small pieces here and there. Then once you get to the bottom your prob going to start pulling out the Silver duct tape stuffed in the bottom.

I actually think that duct tape was stuffed down there to avoid the cost of the glue Mace used. Cant figure why else a bunch of it would be there? This is where i assume the major problem is that is causing pieces to flake off because its not solid glue but gaps of glue and duct tape.

plus i was told that gap that is filled in is suppose to catch oil so it doesnt go into the TB. This is why with the filler there it was running from the filler into my TB and then into my cai.

plus now it seems like Mace or whoever disappeared.....
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote