Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Remove the throttle body space and return it to the vendor for a refund. You don't need it - they really don't do anything.
This^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dont drive it if it says engine power reduced.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #17
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
+1 on the spacer being worthless on these modern engine designs. And also the "chip" and Jet MAF... in case you were considering them.

Did you disconnect the negative terminal of the battery before doing anything? It's the 1st instruction on just about everything I've installed that came with actual instructions. Anytime disconnecting/re-connecting electrical plugs are involved; it's better to be safe than sorry. That being said, 6bangerBOOM's question regarding the harness is a good one. Particularly inspect the connector pins for damage. I don't believe the ECM will perform the Throttle/Idle Learn procedure if a DTC is set. I didn't see it mentioned, but maybe try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes, then try again. Just grasping at straws here, I know, but maybe it'll help??? Good Luck.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #18
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
dont drive it if it says engine power reduced.
Yea, its like telling your kid to run a mile while he has the stomach flu.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
JCunningham

the engine power reduced is there so you dont lose power steering and brakes while you pull it off the road.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #20
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Unplug your battery and throw that spacer in the garbage bin. Reconnect the battery after 15 minutes and see if those lights disappear
Old 06-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #21
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Unplug your battery and throw that spacer in the garbage bin. Reconnect the battery after 15 minutes and see if those lights disappear
This.
If you pulled it out and the BCM/ECM hasn't learned the issue is gone yet, it will still throw the codes, another good reason to disconnect the battery whenever doing mode.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #22
extrella04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
OK guys,,,tried everything and nothing helped.....SO I guess I'm done and down for....Will have to get a new TB it seems......DARN...
extrella04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #23
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrella04 View Post
OK guys,,,tried everything and nothing helped.....SO I guess I'm done and down for....Will have to get a new TB it seems......DARN...
Disconnect the battery, remove the spacer, let car sit at leats an hour, reconnect battery, connect scanner, erase codes, start car and let idle for a few minutes. If no codes drive easily around the block.
The TB itself, I don't think can go bad. The TPS is what would go bad on it.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #24
JCunningham

did you pull on the wiring? Did you make sure it was plugged in completely.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Have you tried removing the spacer yet.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #26
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Hello there peers. Hope you guys can help me out. I bought my car about a year and half ago. It already have some mods done to it. Here is the layout:
- 2010 2LT RS with the following MODS:
- JBA - Headers and Exhaust system
- Injen Cold Air Intake
- RX Can
- VMAX CNC Throttle Body

1. First question, how can I tell if the car has been re-programmed (Tunned)

2. I bought a throttle body spacer (Jet Power Performance) and it arrived today. So I went on to installed it. After I was done with the installation, surprise surprise, "Tons of lights on"
- I have the engine check light on
- StabiliTrack light on
- "Service StabiliTrack" displayed in the LCD
- When I turn car on the screen gave me another message "ENGINE POWER IS REDUCED"
- I Took the car for a ride and woooow, I almost cried, my car would not go anywhere at all, sooooooooo slow so heavy, draggin like if I'm pulling an 18 wheeler behind. Have no response at all whatsoever.

Got back home and put my code reader and game me the following:
P0223 Error (Throttle/Pedal/Position Sensor, Switch B Circuit High)
I erased the code and right the way it comes back on.......

PLEASE HELP! What should I do? Will the computer re-learn itself with this. I didn't think just installing a throttle body spacer would do that. I tried taking it out and putting back the way it was, but I guess it had already screwed the system, no changes same issue........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE....Thanks with advance
First Disconnect Battery
Remove Throttle body spacer, this is Trash
Reinstall throttle body, do not overtighten bolts
reconnect Battery in and hour.
Drive carefully while car relearns throttle body
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions..

I have tried removing the spacer and putting all back together again and still giving me the same errors with the same results....

Will try to do the Reset today when I get home....

- I have no other car, but I still need to get to work...can I damage the car driving it with all this?
I checked Jet's install instructions. They tell you to unbolt (4) the TB and slip the spacer in using the 2 new gaskets they provide.

Did you remove the original gasket? They can be easy to miss- tends to stick to the TB and it's a very thin metal gasket.

If you did see it (and remove it) for the spacer install, did you replace the stock gasket when you took the spacer off? Did you remove both new gaskets that came with the spacer? Were you sure to use the stock (shorter) bolts when you removed the spacer?

If you removed the "air intake assembly" as instructed, did you reconnect the intake side crankcase ventilation line? Check and make sure it's well connected and not kinked.

Finally, Jet doesn't mention unplugging the TB harness- did you? Even if you didn't, unplug it now and firmly re-attach it and make sure the wiring didn't get in harm's way and get damaged during the modifications.

And do disconnect the battery while you're doing all this and anytime you do any further mods.

Good luck and remember, you're having fun!

Last edited by Ventmaster; 07-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #28
extrella04

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
OK, well I think my throttle body went bad.....I got another one and everything is back to normal...Still got a VMAX CNC .......
extrella04 is offline   Reply With Quote