Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-13-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Turtle Wax Flex Wax

I applied the Flex Wax in the garage, in the shade, where it is about 65* with a new round microfiber applicator. One spritz per section, breaking up each panel into two (or more) sections (the hood was 8 sections). I massaged the product into the paint with overlapping circular, front to back and up and down motions, then buffed it off with a plush microfiber before it flashed.

As far as application, it spreads well and once the applicator is loaded with product (it took several sections to load up the applicator), I didn`t need to apply very much more Flex Wax to the pad to continue...I may have even used a bit more than recommended. On removal, since it hadn`t flashed and was still damp(ish), there was a SLIGHT bit of grabbiness, but flipping the removal towel eliminated that and IMO, it is MUCH slicker than the Ceramic Spray Sealant in feel. And it`s true ... the longer it sits, the slicker it gets, tomorrow morning it should be incredible. I plan on a second coat tomorrow morning .... UNLESS the wife has more honey-do`s for me. If so, I`ll just wait until Friday when she goes to Virginia to visit her grandmother.

Here are the pics, just remember, this car isn`t perfect. There is some washing/drying, and random love marks and scratches that don`t show up in the pictures...BUT... it IS a 9 year old, daily driver through ALL of Ohio`s seasons, so be gentle.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Nice. Is this a new product?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
DonM
Camaro #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Nice. Is this a new product?
New for this year. It came out in December. Several You Tube detailers have done videos on the three products in the Hybrid Solution PRO Line. Papa Smurf 918 did a three part video on the compound (One - Done), a pure compound/finishing polish with NO protection (pad dependent on how much cut it has...course pad = heavy cut, fine pad = light finishing). A liquid Graphene wax (To The Max Wax) and the Graphene Flex Wax (Spray Wax that can be used as a base layer - like I just did, a drying aid or as a spray on-rinse off (ON A PREVIOUSLY COATED/WAXED SURFACE). You really need to see what he does with a TRASHED Honda Fit with these three products!

Here are Papa Smurf's Vids:

One and Done Compound

To the Max Wax

Flex Wax
Old 04-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
DonM
Camaro #4

Miranda Detailing does a single video covering all three, it's a long watch, but worth it if you are interested in the new offerings:

Miranda Detailing- Turtle Wax Graphene Trio + Overspray removal

BTW, you might want to skip over the wash and overspray removal - it's a bit dry (boring), fast forward to about 15:20
Old 04-14-2021, 03:22 PM   #5
DonM
Camaro #4

After waiting 24 hours, I put a second coat of Flex Wax on the Camaro and it`s been about 4 hours since I did that. All I can say is wow, Wow, WOW! When Papa Smurf 918 did his video on it, he kept going on about the gloss and slickness - HE WASN`T KIDDING!

My phone camera can`t pick up the difference between the 1st and 2nd application, but to the naked eye it`s BLATANTLY obvious. Very dark, very black and VERY glossy and slick. And the best part? I used MAYBE 1.5 oz for TWO applications, that`s paint, glass, headlights, tail lights and trim.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
After waiting 24 hours, I put a second coat of Flex Wax on the Camaro and it`s been about 4 hours since I did that. All I can say is wow, Wow, WOW! When Papa Smurf 918 did his video on it, he kept going on about the gloss and slickness - HE WASN`T KIDDING!

My phone camera can`t pick up the difference between the 1st and 2nd application, but to the naked eye it`s BLATANTLY obvious. Very dark, very black and VERY glossy and slick. And the best part? I used MAYBE 1.5 oz for TWO applications, that`s paint, glass, headlights, tail lights and trim.
Ive been using various ceramic spray waxes for a few yesrs now with fantastic results. Adams.. .Last Coat2 and some Mcguiers as well. My buddies cant figure out how my Ibferno Orange paint pops so much.All the info i have given them amounts to a bottle of Adams Ceramic Boost haha....no giving up my secrets..but am looking at the new Turtle Wax Flex....yes call it a fetish
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote