Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Just hit 400 miles and had oil change today..Is it to early to do the Fuse Mod (L99)

Just hit roughly 400 miles today on my L99. Had my first oil change today and I was going to go ahead and pull my fuses tonight and let her set overnight. My question is.... should I let it hit the 1500 mile break in mark first before I pull the Fuses for the Mod/Fix? I am quite sure my dealer put 89 octane in her the day of delivery a couple of weeks ago. I have only used 93 octane since then. I could not find anything in the previous thread on wheather I should wait till break in is complete before the fuse mod is okay to be done. I would love to get this done and behind me to move on if possible as I know I am going to try it at some point Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated in regard to waiting or doing it now with low miles...

A pic to make the thread much nicer to read and look at

Last edited by DCJ; 09-04-2009 at 09:01 PM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
My guess is that it should be fine now that the gas has cycled out of the engine.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Not too early.

You may not notice a change though... But it won't hurt anything.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
DCJ

Cool...thanks guys! Headed to the garage now to comense operation fuse pull. It does seem to pop/backfire sometimes some when I initially start her and ever so slightly miss a bit until warm, so maybe this will correct that. Although I have read that this maybe normal for the L99 anyway for some. I shall give it a go and see what happens.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
Cool...thanks guys! Headed to the garage now to comense operation fuse pull. It does seem to pop/backfire sometimes some when I initially start her and ever so slightly miss a bit until warm, so maybe this will correct that. Although I have read that this maybe normal for the L99 anyway for some. I shall give it a go and see what happens.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Does it matter which way the (15) on top of the fuse is facing when putting them back in or just stick the fuse back in the same slot and go? I was not sure if the way the 15 was facing needed to be put back the same or not as it was when pulled. Does that matter any at all other than making sure to the put the fuse back where I initially pulled it, no matter how the 15 is facing?

Thanks!!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Rick2010
Chevrolet's & NY Yankees!

Drives: ALL CHEVROLET'S
You are good.....the fuses don't know which way they are facing...........
BUT.........I would have them all the same way...... Definitely!!
Rick2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick2010 View Post
You are good.....the fuses don't know which way they are facing...........
BUT.........I would have them all the same way...... Definitely!!
Thanks To make sure I understood correctly...here is the pic of the fuses from the "sticky' original thread. It appears that the fuse #5 the 15 is facing a different direction than the other one next to it and also the same for fuse #20..the 15 appear to be upsidedown...

You are saying this does not matter wheather they are upsidedown or reads 51 as opposed to 15 when looking down at them if this makes sense.

It sounds like it does not matter wheather they read 51 or 15 when looking down at them as long as they are put back in the slot that were pulled from....correct?

Thanks again for the details. Just want to make sure I put them back properly in the morning.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
InfernoFlame
SUPRMNN

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM/IOM
I dunno but I thinkwhen it goes down production line it prob is put together on each side so which ever way is facing which iis how it goes in??? but Ive never had a prob with whatever way a fuse is plugged in
InfernoFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #11
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
don't do it, your car will burst into flames!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsdguru View Post
31000 for ss1 no options and who in the hell would buy a SS1 V6 for kids SS1 for girls LS3 the only way to go G8 Gxp 200lbs more my bad so lets think here 200lb more 27 less hp so 5 tenths slower now 373 gear now mabe 3tenths slower 4 door car sad so so sad
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
a fuse is a fuse. all it does is connect one terminal to another with a fuseable link. upside down or rightside up, it still works the same.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
The number is just the amp rating at which the fuse blows. As long as you put them in the right spot which way it's facing wont matter. If you put it in the wrong spot you could have a fuse thats to high an amp rating which wont cause a problem till one of you expensive components gives its life instead of a .15 cent fuse. FYI theres usually a map on the fuse box cover just make sure the numbers match and it shold be an easy job.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #14
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss View Post
don't do it, your car will burst into flames!!
Hey Firestone_ss and 383ss....you got nothing say positive than don't reply to my thread.

Do you actually think I would have ask this question if I had known...seriously respond to threads with respect or don't respond at all. No need to try and make someone look bad for a question they were unsure of. Have some manners and character....or try and build some as clearly there are a lack of .......... If you guys were born with the knowledge of fuses, more power to you. I had a question and most all the guys answered like adults and did not flame me for being unsure. Next time try and help someone out. It's cool not to be a smart a$$...try it next time you respond to a question, even if you think they should know the answer. You may help someone....

Last edited by DCJ; 09-05-2009 at 11:13 AM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote