Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
It's not like GM is advertising to the general public that they can go ahead and order. Like TAG indicated, most dealers have their head stuck in the sand and only care about what is in stock. Then there are the gougers. I hope GM looks at all the dealers who sold out and reward them for moving product quickly by taking alottment from the damn gougers.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It's not that people aren't ordering for one reason or another. It's because some dealerships STILL have no freaking clue that they CAN begin taking orders!

I called my dealer and they told me right there over the phone that they would not begin taking orders until December. They also told me allocation hadn't been released yet. I asked basically why they have been keeping themselves under a rock. One of THE biggest releases was coming out and no one knew ANYTHING about it. I could NOT believe they had no idea. Yes, I enlightened them and called them back in an hour. They found they were getting 28 and thanked me for letting them know. They also tried getting on the computer to order and could not since there were "too many dealers on the site placing their orders."

I talked to another guy from Benson chevy and this guy was....clueless. He was a nice guy, but had NO idea what was going on. He also said December for orders and when I mentioned that I've been watching online, he said that anything I read online was wrong. I mean...c'mon. How could you go and spread false rumors like that....VERY sad. Needless to say, I corrected him as well. By the time I had to take off, he was asking all sorts of questions. Yeah....just type in a website dude...you'll get some answers.

How can people...better yet, SALESMEN, ....who do THIS for a LIVING....not take the time and CARE about learning their business?!?!?!

Those guys might have lost MANY customers...
I'm actually kinda worried that a quick curiosity call to my Chevy dealer to find out their allotment is going to turn into a two hour seminar on when ordering started, how to find their allotment, what pricing looks like, and what car is being launched...
Old 10-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #17
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm actually kinda worried that a quick curiosity call to my Chevy dealer to find out their allotment is going to turn into a two hour seminar on when ordering started, how to find their allotment, what pricing looks like, and what car is being launched...
I think most of us here can make a career out of it during the next 2 months. Lol!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
It's not like GM is advertising to the general public that they can go ahead and order. Like TAG indicated, most dealers have their head stuck in the sand and only care about what is in stock. Then there are the gougers. I hope GM looks at all the dealers who sold out and reward them for moving product by taking alottment from the damn gougers.
Actually, GM can't change the allocation process to reward those dealers that don't rip off their customers. Legally, they are bound to set up a fair and equal way to distribute allocation, such as sales volume for the last 12 months. Those that sell more will get more, those that sell less will get less. Ideally, the buying public would gravitate to the larger dealers that are able to survive based on a large volume of sales at low margin rather than purchasing from dealers that survive on high margin low volume.

My guess is 2000 +/- 5 pre-ordered so far. That's 1 per every 2 dealers, roughly.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #19
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
it's not just the dealers I called the customer service number listed in the Camaro info GM put out and they knew nothing. I waited for 20 mins to be told to call back next week. I gave them my 6 digit order number and they didn't know what it was. A lil shocking seeing how they said you called this number and follow-up with your order.
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Also if I was GM I would be concerned with my dealers who don't know a damn thing. Those businesses are hurting the company.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #21
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
Also if I was GM I would be concerned with my dealers who don't know a damn thing. Those businesses are hurting the company.
If they are doing it with one product, they are doing it with all.....
Old 10-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #22
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I think the dealer's are figuring it out, or, GM is getting their attention. My dealer was clueless on just about everthing when I ordered on Monday. They called me today to come by and sign a few things and did they ever have their act together now! I got their allocation, saw the list of orders and got many questoins answered this time. They have taken 12 orders so far and expected to have it filled by this weekend. They are, however, requiring premiums to msrp to take an order. $2000 on the LS, $4000 on the LT and $6000 on the SS. That might slow the ordering down a bit.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #23
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
^^^^ hope you didn't buy from them at a premium

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #24
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
a lot more than on this site; thankfully life happens outside the internet
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
a lot more than on this site; thankfully life happens outside the internet
wait................ WHAT?!?!?!

what's next? Santa Claus not being real?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
You know whats going to drive up demand? The sell out of the original allotments. People right now dont even know its available. Also most people fall in love with the car on the lot. need to feel and drive it before decisions are made. I dont think GM is worried.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
id bet around 1000 orders have been in so far. they still have alot of time though to get the rest of those people into the dealerships.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
The dealership that I ordered mine from today was somewhat clueless, the only ones who knew that Chevy started taking orders on Monday where the GM, and the Owner.

So i'd say the 1k range so far is a safe bet + or - a few..
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote