Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
nova350

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 , 08 chevy dua
Road Trip/bugs yuck

has anybody tried the NEW Armor All spray on protectant, then peel it off when u get where your going ? Reapply before u leave ?

we headed to Nashville TN from Macon GA on our first road trip together with the Mistress, just looking at something different and not really happy taping half the front end up and take forever to remove and then detail

anyone try it ?
nova350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
No but get you some Bugslide it works miracles. It's like a polish but I totally wipes off all bugs very very easy! After it leaves like a wax type coating that after a road trip the bugs you collect come right off. I started using it on my HD and then my vehicles it works better than anything I've ever used!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Bugslide ok, but that 3M stuff sounds pretty neat, I might check out both
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Snickers
Rumblebee

Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova350 View Post
has anybody tried the NEW Armor All spray on protectant, then peel it off when u get where your going ? Reapply before u leave ?
sounds like plasti-dip to me?
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
nova350

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 , 08 chevy dua
Went to a local car show on Sunday and there was a Armor All display, they did a demo on the clear guard, I got a free can and let's see what happens
He had a video of his wife's accord and his 84 Camaro and what he did to both cars
After a night at the track, he had sprayed the rear quarters after numerous burn outs and blasts down the track, he knocked off the big chunks with a rag and it peeled right off
I'll let ya know how it goes gonna apply early Thursday morning and head to Nashville for my cousins wedding and we taking the ZL1 whoop whoop
More later
nova350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
When we would go on a road trip with our Harley's, we would spray pledge dusting spray on the front of the bikes. Bugs washed right off. Have not used it on the Camaro, but should work. I just use Turtle Wax Ice now. Works pretty good.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I use Adams Quick Sealant. It works really well. Check out the video in the 1st post of this thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256074

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
An old trick was to use Zaino Z5. Put it on but don't wipe it off. When you get to destination, wipe it off and bugs come with it.

I just make sure I have a fresh coat of Zaino and some Z6 with water. I just got back from Sturgis and each washing, the bogs came right off. 4600 miles of driving and no problem getting bugs off.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
Nova350 I had my ZL1 treated by a company called Perma Finish just east of the ATL and it has been great. Bugs come off very easy and it gives my Victory Red a much deeper shine than regular wax and it is garanteed that you don't have to wax for 7 years.....
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote