Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-12-2018, 11:48 PM   #1
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
First time on track in my SS 1LE

After a little over one year of ownership, I finally did my first HPDE track day at National Corvette Museum raceway Park as part of CamaroFest 8. I have tracked before a few times in my previous 4th Gen SS SLP 6-speed, last-Gen Cadillac CTS-V, and fully-equipped Police Ford Crown Cics and Caprice PPV’s. But man, this car bone stock, which mine is except for the OEM strut tower brace and OEM wicker bill, is all the track monster it was built to be. Per the guidelines, I was categorized in the experienced novice group. The first three morning sessions were in order, good, meh, and “where did everybody go?” behind me? In that 3rd morning session, I was following the instructor in his C6 Corvette Grand Sport. I stuck right with him but we lost everyone else in half a lap. About 2 laps later, finally a ZL1 1LE caught up to us and I gave him the point by. I just had to share that this car is indeed a bargain bang-for-the-buck track star. I truly don’t feel any itch to modify anything about the suspension and I’m very pleased with the performance of the stock tires. I cut the afternoon fun short only because the tires, nearing the end of their life cycle I think, have to get me through some drag racing and auto-cross for the remainder of the ‘Fest and hopefully back home to Atlanta. Wow! What a day! Charlotte Motor Speedway roval is next later this month!
Attached Images

HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:04 AM   #2
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
sounds like a great day. That last picture is really cool, was it taken through a windshield?
Glad you are out enjoying this incredible car!
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
sounds like a great day. That last picture is really cool, was it taken through a windshield?
Glad you are out enjoying this incredible car!
Actually, no. Professional photographer was taking pictures of all of all day long and it’s a professional print; it’s a photo I took of the photo to share with you all. I intend to frame it!
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
nice car looks good!! glad you had fun
Old 07-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
silkrckt

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 1LE
@hyper1LE What is the event you mention in Charlotte? I did the Track Night in America and loved it. I haven't noticed another event there for next month. I was intending on going to Carolina Motorsports Park for the next Track Night.
silkrckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkrckt View Post
@hyper1LE What is the event you mention in Charlotte? I did the Track Night in America and loved it. I haven't noticed another event there for next month. I was intending on going to Carolina Motorsports Park for the next Track Night.
CMP is a really fun track imo...great for learning the car..

Tags
camarofest, goodyear, ncm, stock, track