Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Canadian with some Questions for the Phoenix Arizonions

Hey guys,
So here's the deal, a few of us guys from work are thinking of booking a mid-winter(March) golf trip down to Phoenix and obviously a short stop in Vegas on the return. Just wondering if any of you guys from Phoenix have some tips on where to stay, what courses to play, where to go for the nightlife, etc. Our group ranges from 24(myself) to early 30's, but being canadians(especially from sask) all we really need is cheap beer and we call it a good time ..............
Probably gonna stay from 5-6 nights, 4-5 rounds of golf probably, budget 2k(CDN) to start with but I always put the same amount in reserve just incase.
I was looking into Troon and TPC Scottsdale, but those are f'n expensive in march!!! lol (like $200+) Probably gonna play them anyways but a cheaper rate would be much easier on the VISA!!!
Anyways, just thought I'd check with the Phoenix folks to see if you have any tips on the best deals in town.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Expedia ca is on the other site.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
b737swaca

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Johnson Ranch is a nice course, the back 9 exceptional views. Trilogy is another, both are in the SE valley. Las Sendas and Gold Canyon great views are in the east valley. Try golfnow.com for better deals and tee times. Legacy is nice one towards Awatuke. Nightlife not sure about, but Tempe Market Place is close to ASU and has some bars and restaurants. Hope this helps a little, good luck.
b737swaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
abowtieguy
ABowTieGuy

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to abowtieguy Send a message via MSN to abowtieguy
If you want a true Arizona Southwest treat, I would recommend the WigWam Golf Resort in Litchfield Park, AZ. Nice casitas to stay in and a pretty nice course as well. Let me know if your interested. I have connections to get you discounts on rooms and green fees.

Night life is so varied. Beer is everywhere, but you guys want to go to a bar where there is dancing? Live band? More quaint? Sports bar? Pick up bar? There are so many watering holes, but I could certainly point you in the right direction.

I'm sure you guys will have fun here in sunny Arizona. There is so much to do and see.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
AZ5G
AZ5G

Drives: 2010 Transformer Ed. 1SS M6
WeeKoPa on the east side, Vistancia on the west, Troon North, Raven So. Mtn....All are close to good lodging and lots of beer...LOL
AZ5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
You planning on golfing in Las Vegas too?
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote