Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Anyone tried this yet ? DRL harness

So I live in Canada. And normally I wouldn't spend money on something like this. But from experience, tapping, crimping, soldering etc always leads to corrosion after the winter and then random electrical problems. So I found this harness online. Way over priced but whatever.

http://www.overridemotorsports.com/DRL

The harness plugs in under the dash inside the car so I don't have to worry about corrosion issues from salt which I like the idea. But I don't exactly know what this harness does. They didnt lay out what the states are when running it. So I need some clarification from anyone who may have used or is still using this product. (I know there's a few on here cause I found this one on a different thread haha) anyway to anyone who may have used this harness. Could you describe what lights are on at each switch position please ? For example during daytime in auto my fogs / drls are on but nothing else. And parking lights halos are on with side markers etc...

I'm looking for something that makes it so I have this configuration ...

Off - all off

Auto(daytime) - fogs/drls on, halos on, headlights off, taillights off and side markers off(this one is negotiable since the wiring of the car is a little iffy, rather they were off, but I don't think I'll notice them during the day anyway)

Auto(nighttime) - fogs/drls on, halos on, headlights on, taillights on, side markers on

Parking light - dont care, who uses this anyway?

On - same as auto(nighttime)

Thanks for any help guys. I just want the halos on during the day with my fogs and I know there are million threads on this. Just haven't found one on this particular harness yet.
SnowyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Yes, I have it and love it. I also changed out the fog light bulbs and put these in: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-HID-equ...4b20a6&vxp=mtr

I wrapped the outside of those lights with tin foil before installing them into the car and they look like mini HIDs. Badass.

And those configurations you listed are exactly how they work.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
SnowyCamaro

So no side markers during the day ? Or are they on?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Hrm, I'm not sure that harness keeps your halos on during the day. I bought a different halo harness to keep the halos on when the car is on, day or night.
http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses/halo-harness
I bought it on sale, not for the $55 advertised

I'm not sure if it keeps my DRL on at night though...
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Hey Op, I don't think this harness plugs in under the dash like you think. I'm pretty sure it plugs in up front between the right front wheel-well and the head light.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Hey Op, I don't think this harness plugs in under the dash like you think. I'm pretty sure it plugs in up front between the right front wheel-well and the head light.
Agree. I just installed the gen5diy drl harness and those plug ends look the same. It connects in front of the passenger side wheel well. Between the body and front bumper cover.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
Squillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
So no side markers during the day ? Or are they on?
Side markers off during the day. They come on with turn signal, and or headlights.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
Squillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
Hrm, I'm not sure that harness keeps your halos on during the day. I bought a different halo harness to keep the halos on when the car is on, day or night.
http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses/halo-harness
I bought it on sale, not for the $55 advertised

I'm not sure if it keeps my DRL on at night though...
Acutally I don't remember about the Halos, mine are wired with a remote control now, so they may not work the way OP intends to use his. But you can wire them to be on with the DRLs if you want to.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
What if I want to run just my amber turn signals? Like instead of my DRL's down below, I want my amber turn signals to be on..
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
You would want something like this.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259419
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
What if I want to run just my amber turn signals? Like instead of my DRL's down below, I want my amber turn signals to be on..
You would buy a challenger not a camaro
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
SnowyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Acutally I don't remember about the Halos, mine are wired with a remote control now, so they may not work the way OP intends to use his. But you can wire them to be on with the DRLs if you want to.
I'm gonna give the harness a shot. If not i can probably modify the harness to do what I want other than splicing the factory wires. I try to avoid modifying the factory wires. And if the harness doesn't plug inside doesn't matter to me i guess I'll just wrap a ton I electrical tape around it.

Anyone know what the wiring is like for this harness. Like which pin is what ? For if I do modify it.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
SnowyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
I bought the harness and plan on modifying it if the halos dont come on. I'll post up a wiring diagram if I can get the power probe to work on the harness so you could essentially modify the same harness to turn on the ambers. If I stumble across how to keep them on I'll post some pics how to do it for you.

I just ordered te harness. How long did it take to ship to anyone that bought it ? I haven't received a confirmation email or anything from the seller. I just have my Paypal receipt
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
easy alternative i run:

wire the fogs to the marker light - when ever markers are on, so are fogs - you can figure out when they run - when parking lights and headlight work

Halo harness from gen5diy - daytime halos run as your DRL's - that's it during day

all for about $70..
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drl, halos, harness, pnp