Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
Camaro007

Drives: 2SS/RS Black
I also got the GFX and will have them painted the color of my car (Black) First I ask the dealer on cost to paint them (They could really say due to sanding them flat and then painting them He said about $1000) I found a friend that knows a guy at a local body shop that does really go work. He will do for about $200. I also got the 21" wheels and plan on keeping the rims and putting winter tires on them and trying to sell the 20" tires. Anyone want to buy them?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #16
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I actually might leave the 20s on the car till I smoke the rears off and then sell the 20s (unless I find a buyer) and put my21s on the car and take it easy after that. The initial rubber is part of the price.

BTW, what will the damage be when I have to replace?
I know the $4600 is for the wheels and tires. When you have to replace them...well...if you paid MY price for the tires(original pirellis, wich arent available from most places yet) with mount and balance, your lookin at $1200. And no tellin what the dealer is gonna charge with mark up, labor, and having to get a new tire machine since most dealers can only mount and balance up to a 20" wheel. I still cant belive GM made the mistake of going with 21" wheels...
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
So we can get the GE package direct from the factory to be installed prior to dealer delivery when ordering?
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
demomaster

Drives: 2SS black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacsr2010ss View Post
MY FRICKIN CAR COVER HAS BEEN IN......BUT NO CAR...........BUILT A MONTH AGO.......MAN THIS WAITING SUCKS..........I LIVE IN MARYLAND AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE YET...........MY VIN# 1885 SO REALLY NOT SURE WHAT THE HOLD UP IS......ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW ANY MORE THAN ME.......PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS JEFF
I am in the same boat as you I am 1785! my ground effects have been in for two weeks and my car was built on the 30th of march!:popcorn ::pop corn:
demomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #19
bdstealth

Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
No they are dealer installed option.
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Car cover is in also, I also have a rubber mat for the trunk says Camaro on it. They say Camaro will be Monday !
I have them at paint shop but they will not paint them till car is here so they can make sure the color matches....
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
latemodel3

Drives: 2010 camaro rs/ss
are you guy's gonna have the rear defuser painted also?
2010 camaro 2ss/rs m6 inferno orange custom black stripes orange int.bmr 1.0 drop springs xs stainless 1-7/8 headers and 3" catless exhaust lsr sway bars bmr trailing arms /toe rods bmr diff bushings /craddle inserts black whipple 3.75"pulley ID injectors lpe twin pump jre rough idle blower cam rx catch can and cai intake w/ scoop sct tuner from jre 690rwhp/588rwtq on 93 octane
latemodel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #22
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
I know the $4600 is for the wheels and tires. When you have to replace them...well...if you paid MY price for the tires(original pirellis, wich arent available from most places yet) with mount and balance, your lookin at $1200. And no tellin what the dealer is gonna charge with mark up, labor, and having to get a new tire machine since most dealers can only mount and balance up to a 20" wheel. I still cant belive GM made the mistake of going with 21" wheels...
I don't know what most dealers you are talking about. 22" and 24" wheels and tires are all over the place. Most reputable dealers can handle that stuff. Balancers don't care if it is a 13" or a 26" tire and wheel as long as it fits under the hood. I don't know any balancer in use at a reputable dealer that can't do larger than 20" wheels.
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Heh, Karl's Chevrolet here in Iowa has a 'tires for life' deal if I buy from them, will probably take them up on that offer. Free rotations, balancing, all that good stuff, and they give you new sets of tires (for fweee!) when you need them.... though I would imagine there would be some sort of time limit, so people like me can't go out and shred the first pair in a week
Old 04-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #24
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
you guys that ordered the gfx getting a black camaro by any chance? im trying to get a pic of a black camaro with the argent grey gfx for my dealer...
Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #25
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Heh, Karl's Chevrolet here in Iowa has a 'tires for life' deal if I buy from them, will probably take them up on that offer. Free rotations, balancing, all that good stuff, and they give you new sets of tires (for fweee!) when you need them.... though I would imagine there would be some sort of time limit, so people like me can't go out and shred the first pair in a week
Toyota was notorious for that same deal. Alot of stipulations and very rarley came through for the customer. Let us know how that works out.
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Dude, please tell me that's 1200 for all four.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
Camaro007

Drives: 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
So we can get the GE package direct from the factory to be installed prior to dealer delivery when ordering?
No you can order thru the dealer or thru GM parts Direct. It's cheaper thru GM Parts Direct about $500 cheaper and I'll use the money to get them painted the same as the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
you guys that ordered the gfx getting a black camaro by any chance? im trying to get a pic of a black camaro with the argent grey gfx for my dealer...
I ordered Black 2SS with 21" and will have my body shop paint the GFX for alot less then the dealer..I should receive my car end of May..Hopefully there will be pic's of a Black SS with GFX before then..
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Personally I like the look but not sure if 2200 for them is worth it. There will be some badass panels in a few months I am sure.

Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote