Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
All R6P orders MSRP prices were locked- that was the benefit of ordering early. Too bad this "Correct Price" won't show up on the window sticker. No way does a dealer pull this "New MSRP Price" crap for R6P'rs. Lawsuits and bad publicity would be all over the news. Last thing GM needs.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #30
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
From what I remember seeing here, I thought event code history for an order gives dates when things have been modified. This doesn't change the date that the dealer originally entered the order in the system-which is the key date. Now if your missing the R6P code on the window sticker, I'd say something isn't right.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #31
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderinfo View Post
Many people ordered prior to the 2 announced price increases (IOM paint increase, Auto Trans increase, Factory installed Stripe increase, according to the past and previous chevrolet.com price listings).

I have in writing from the dealer to sell "at MSRP" (Which is the only guarantee you could hope to get as a pre-order). I preordered mine 10/28...

But...

The Window Sticker URL for my VIN and the Chev website shows all pricing at the "current" price, that is, an extra charge for IOM, and factory installed stripes, and the auto trans. It seems kinda creepy that I have to pay for extra IOM when I never "realized" that IOM was a premium color and when I ordered stripes they were $395, and now being reported as $470. I can sort of buy the Auto trans increase from 995 to 1185 because of the "remote start" surcharge or whatever...

I read on another thread to just "tell my dealer to honor the original price and GM will credit the dealer the difference". While that may or may not be true, the only thing I have in writing is MSRP. My dealer can honestly "play dumb" and say the agreed on price is MSRP, and there was no guaranteed pricing until the window sticker/invoice was available... especially if the window sticker and "current" MSRP tools includes the price increases.

How on earth to I get the dealer to honor the pricing before the April announced price increases? Please help!
I saved all my paperwork... print-outs and just sketched pricings that my dealer wrote out. Plus I went on www.chevrolet.com/camaro , built my car, printed the page with the MSRP all drawn up.

Seriously, when you sat down with your dealer and placed your order, you should have seen that the I/O interior was extra. And when adding stripes, you should have had that drawn up on paper too.

That's just what I did.

I was also quoted $995 for the trans... we'll see what's up.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #32
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
Thanks for your help and the links. I printed the pre-order pricing worksheet, as well as a copy of the letter. I will definitely have R6P on the window sticker, as it already indicates "Early Order" on the order worksheet. I wish I had something that tells the dealer that he must honor pre-order pricing for MSRP, as well as something that shows official MSRP pricing prior to April that the dealer has to adhere to. The scans off camaro5.com and the letter to someone else that I printed aren't exactly the most reliable. My dealer has been great so far, but when it comes down to pricing, I still gotta feeling he is going to charge me window sticker, unless I have something that says he must honor preorder pricing, as well as what that pre-order pricing is. The sources of those two documents have got to be either publicly available and/or verifiable from GM in order for me to "force" him to do this. We will see and Thanks...
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #33
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
I have my window sticker for vin# 2072. There is nothing that reads R6P on it. It does have on it Early Order Activity. Ordered 11/4/08. So I don't get where the R6P code appears. Anyone know?
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
What a mess...

GM... why the hell don't you put the introductory pricing on the window sticker for R6P orders !!!!

So.... I just have to hope that my dealer can understand the introductory pricing fiasco and honor the introductory price???

Another...FAIL !!!!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #35
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
I kind of give up on fighting my dealer on this - they aren't price gouging and for $1300 why would I lose my car over it. Yea it is wrong that they are going to get me on MSRP for the sticker when it arrives but there is absolutely nothing I or GM can do about it considering they can just mark it up and gouge me on it anyway if I raise too much of a fuss. Only thing I had in writing was MSRP - not which MSRP

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #36
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
What a mess...

GM... why the hell don't you put the introductory pricing on the window sticker for R6P orders !!!!

So.... I just have to hope that my dealer can understand the introductory pricing fiasco and honor the introductory price???

Another...FAIL !!!!
I agree! This is not an unexpected engineering problem. We the faithful accepted GM at their word and ordered early without price lists for cars at MSRP. We are told later we are price protected, and yet what do they do?

I do not want to have to argue and wheel and deal with my salesman when I obviously am committed to this car. I have little or no leverage if the car I have waited on for months is sitting on the showroom floor and I am like a kid at Christmas and I am looking at many more months wait if I don't accept.

They put current MSRP prices on the invoice and window sticker with no reference to original pricing. To me, this is the biggest failure of GM in this entire program. This is not a "We won't ship defective cars", this is not an unexpected development. They knew what they were doing and do not appear to care.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #37
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Quote:
The Window Sticker URL for my VIN and the Chev website shows all pricing at the "current" price, that is, an extra charge for IOM, and factory installed stripes, and the auto trans.
If you are R6P and your window sticker does not show a "price protected" MSRP then GM has fed you to the wolves (it's dealers)
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #38
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
If you are R6P and your window sticker does not show a "price protected" MSRP then GM has fed you to the wolves (it's dealers)
Reference post #33 in this thread. Vin#2072 window sticker reflects DFC of $750 and $395 for B7W (CGM factory installed rally stripes). Yet the dealer charged $399.50 (should be $316 at GMS pricing) for B7W and $795 for the DFC. It was a GMS purchase but that does't matter. Intro pricing is intro pricing. Called GM and got a

case number and they will get back to me on wednesday. Or so they said. The prices for the DFC at $750 and $395 for the stripes are early order prices and besides the statement of "Early Order Activity" on the sticker are an indication that the vehicle is subject to preorder pricing. Use the sticker as ammo when talking to dealer about this matter.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #39
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
My dealer signed a agreement not to sell it to me for more than MSRP. Then he added "But be aware, MSRP could go higher before your car gets here".
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #40
Stevo

Quote:
My dealer signed a agreement not to sell it to me for more than MSRP. Then he added "But be aware, MSRP could go higher before your car gets here".
Essentially a blank check...if the price became $100,000 you would be on the hook?...besides if you are R6P you are "price protected"- are you trying to say that your dealer negotiated that away from you- does he have that right?!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #41
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
When I picked up my car, I had $1072 more than the agreed GMS price because of the "price increases" although I ordered in Feb.

Matt stated that GM "had to charge it" and I will be getting a check in 45-60 days when the dealer gets credited.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #42
Stevo

If my ordered car comes with a different price than agreed to ...I will ask for my $ back...and it will be the last time I make an agreement with an unstable/unpredictable organization