Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
AP90

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Weird thing happened this morning

So I went to start my car this morning. Turned the key and got nothing. Drove it last night with no problems. All my lights, radio, ect worked. Waited about 5 seconds until the dash lights went off, turned the key and she fired right up. No cel, warnings, ect. First time this has ever happened. First thought was my key wasn't read correctly or something. Was this just a fluke that has occurred to others, or should I take it in and get looked at if it happens again? Car is a 2010 2ss/rs with 48k miles.
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Are your battery terminals clean? Sometimes the battery will provide enough power to fire up the incidentals (radio, dash lights, etc.), but won't be able to crank the starter over. Usually accompanied by a clink/ clunk sound... but I'm going to bet on battery terminals (or... if you have never changed your battery, it's probably due. They've got a shelf life, typically about five years...).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
AP90

Yeah I was considering the battery. I just thought it was weird that there was literally no sound made when trying to turn it over the first time, and then it starting right up. I've experienced plenty of dead batteries. Never like this.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Sounds like the car is toast. Better sell it. I could help with that. :-D
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
do you have a range afm device? i have had a couple of odd issues like that, but I'd get dash lights
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
I had the same problem, battery cable loose. Tightened the cables....no more problem. I had been working on the stereo and had not tightened them enough. Hope it is just something simple like that for you......
Old 05-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
AP90

Thanks guys. I do have the range AFM device. I'll check the battery terminals and if everything looks good I'll chalk this one up to the range device and then see if this is a persisting problem.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP90 View Post
Thanks guys. I do have the range AFM device. I'll check the battery terminals and if everything looks good I'll chalk this one up to the range device and then see if this is a persisting problem.
Yeah it could be the range. You can send it to them for a firmware upgrade
Old 05-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #9
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
do you have a range afm device? i have had a couple of odd issues like that, but I'd get dash lights
This... and AMEN to the dash lights coming along with it, its happened to me twice, both times when I tried to cold start the car with Range plugged in, every warning light in the dash lit up, had to do a battery naps to clear it.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote