Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Knowing this info would you approve camaro for Australia?
yes 8 57.14%
no 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Blame Australia for production not being as aggressive as the concept

=slick rick;108362]camaro part only

Apparently in that embedded video they say they had to raise the roof because of Australian regulations...and tom peters(designer) begged to keep the roof low to keep the stance aggressive as the concept...

also the reverse lights couldn't be put by the license plates again because of Australian regulations...

knowing this would you prefer the Australian car build their own version and not have it mess with our version?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
chevydude26

i still like the production but knowing this makes me angry
Old 08-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Speaking from observation when "you get angry" I have one thing to say...just step back breath deep and realize that It doesn't really matter if we blame them or not- we got a sexy car in the end, you will be getting the ragtop anyways, and it's too late to change. Who cares- as CamaroScotty has said- Share the love; and that's what we're doing with Australia.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
No, I would not have them build their own.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Speaking from observation when "you get angry" I have one thing to say...just step back breath deep and realize that It doesn't really matter if we blame them or not- we got a sexy car in the end, you will be getting the ragtop anyways, and it's too late to change. Who cares- as CamaroScotty has said- Share the love; and that's what we're doing with Australia.
even with the top down the height still affects the rear...thats why the rear lights don't have the same shape as the concept and the front grille isn't as wide looking because of the taller height...

i would prefer to let them build some off-shoot of the camaro if this was the case...is the camaro even considered a part of Australian heritage?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Monaro

Drives: Monaro CV8 (Pontiac GTO)
I like the way you said 'they say'. I don't remember reading anywhere that was the case.
The intention has always been that the Camaro was to be designed for the American market. Nothing more or else.
At this point in time, no decision has been made to import the Camaro into Australia, coupe or otherwise.
As a production car, it looks absolutley fantastic. And a job well done by both designers in the USA and Australia, considering the bean counters will always have a say in what can be added or deleted.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Come on.... seriously? Its just a few inches, its really not that big of a deal, hell being 6'1 I'm GLAD they chose to raise the roof line.

Not something to be mad about imo.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
chevydude26

I hope i didn't offend australians...its nothing personal...

but thats what was said in the cnbc video about the changes...and that there was heated debate...but in the end because of the australian regulations they couldn't keep the height lower...the guy in Australia even laughed about it...

i don't like that an American car has to be change because of another market...nothing personal against the land down under
Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
I hope i didn't offend australians...its nothing personal...

but thats what was said in the cnbc video about the changes...and that there was heated debate...but in the end because of the australian regulations they couldn't keep the height lower...the guy in Australia even laughed about it...

i don't like that an American car has to be change because of another market...nothing personal against the land down under
In all honesty there really isn't a strictly "American market" anymore. Everything is going global: platforms, designs, vehicles, etc. Times change whether they are accepted or hitched up and dragged.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
camarorick

Drives: .
The video says 58.3"..... but the spec sheet say 54.2"..... So which one is right ?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
The taillights are slightlty smaller because the truck lid had to be modded for shorter people. The roof had to be raised, not only to meet regulations, but so taller people could fit in the car comfortably. The reverse lights, I'm not going into that again. I believe Austrailia should get the car too. Most of the development has been done in Austrailia, the Camaro rides on a mostly Austrailian platform. IMO, Austrailia deserves the Camaro just as much as the US does. That is my $.02.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #12
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
=slick rick;108362]camaro part only

Apparently in that embedded video they say they had to raise the roof because of Australian regulations...and tom peters(designer) begged to keep the roof low to keep the stance aggressive as the concept...

also the reverse lights couldn't be put by the license plates again because of Australian regulations...

knowing this would you prefer the Australian car build their own version and not have it mess with our version?

Give me a break! Are you going to blame Canada for any issues with build quality? Get over it and be glad you are getting a Camaro with IRS that looks damn close to the concept.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Give me a break! Are you going to blame Canada for any issues with build quality? Get over it and be glad you are getting a Camaro with IRS that looks damn close to the concept.
T - 10 seconds and counting until thread explode
Old 08-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I voted no, and that's all I'll say because it won't be anything constructive...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Closed Thread