Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Mcarter909

Drives: Chevy Camaro
2013 camaro v6 engine tick or exhaust leak?

Hi, I'm new to this site. This video is of my 2013 camaro v6 and I was texting to get some feedback on what this noise could be. I've googled it multiple times and searched threads and all amd I'm just wondering what you all think it is. Everythi g I've read says a noise is normal that it's the injectors or something. I've had the car a little over a year and have always noticed some kind of sound but have been unsure about it. Sounds like it's coming from the drivers side toward the back of the engine. To me it kinda sounds like an exhaust leak but I have no idea really. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. https://youtu.be/e2fBRK8f0sM
Mcarter909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I'm pretty sure the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) is on the drivers side, not sure though. The HPFP can make like a clicking noise. Common with direct injection.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I have a 2014 1LT Automatic (V6), and it sounds very similar to yours. I thought it was just the normal sound of the engine, but you have me wanting to run out there and listen to it again.
Man, I have a laundry list of "What's that sound?" going on with my ride. So far it hasn't affected the performance. So far...
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Normal engine noise, like said above you are hearing the high pressure fuel pump do its thing.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote