Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
I read my manual and it says the v8 will tap shift in D but not the v6

Not everyone is as smart as you, including you Jesus

Your welcome
Old 09-15-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
jrisebo

From the manual

On V8 models, the driver may
choose to briefly enter Tap Shift mode while in D (Drive). Tapping either the upshift or downshift
control will place the transmission in Tap Shift mode. The driver may then exit Tap Shift mode by holding the upshift control for two seconds.
The system will return to automatic shifting after 10 seconds of cruising at a steady speed, or when the vehicle comes to a stop.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #17
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
From the 2015 manual:

"You may choose to briefly enter Tap Shift Mode while in D (Drive). Tapping either the upshift or downshift control will place the transmission in Tap Shift Mode. Exit Tap Shift Mode by holding the upshift control for two seconds. The system will return to automatic shifting after 10 seconds of cruising at a steady speed, or when the vehicle comes to a stop."

V8/V6 not mentioned. Apparently things changed over the years.
My V6 convertible works just this way.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #18
jrisebo

Guess sometime in 2011 they switched
Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #19
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
I thought all convertibles were V-8's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Oh Jesus... check your manual. It will tell you all about the paddles and the differences between D, M, S, etc.

Also: the is no difference between 1LT and 2LT as far as the transmission goes. Lastly, "RS" is a trim option - has nothing to do with whether it's a LS, LT, SS. Read your manual and learn...
Quote:
I read my manual and it says the v8 will tap shift in D but not the v6

Not everyone is as smart as you, including you Jesus

Your welcome
Quote:
From the manual

On V8 models, the driver may
choose to briefly enter Tap Shift mode while in D (Drive). Tapping either the upshift or downshift
control will place the transmission in Tap Shift mode. The driver may then exit Tap Shift mode by holding the upshift control for two seconds.
The system will return to automatic shifting after 10 seconds of cruising at a steady speed, or when the vehicle comes to a stop.
Well, there you go. Being "smart" (or not) has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of knowing your vehicle an if you can read and comprehend, your Owner's Manual will answer many questions you may have regarding issues with factory stock cars.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #20
jrisebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well, there you go. Being "smart" (or not) has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of knowing your vehicle an if you can read and comprehend, your Owner's Manual will answer many questions you may have regarding issues with factory stock cars.
I was already well aware that mine did not do the function that he was describing, I didnt need to read my manual to know that.