Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #155
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post

And Fen, Your laser sight is what lets me know to aim at a doorway in the subway, cause you can see a red glow moving around. I have destroyed entire squads because one of their members has a give away laser beam bouncing off the walls If you find you are dying alot in the subway section, switch the attachment out.
Shhhh thats less kills for us!

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #156
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The game is awesome, great all around balance so far. my only complaint is the bugs :p i cant switch from my C4 to anything else unless I use the Directional pad to switch off the C4... very annoying(it locks my game up if I don't)
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #157
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Shhhh thats less kills for us!

Also depends on who is using the attachments---some guys are better with em than others, meaning they know when to turn em on
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #158
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Also depends on who is using the attachments---some guys are better with em than others, meaning they know when to turn em on
True
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #159
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
The flashlight is brighter than scope glare, even when outside.

And Fen, Your laser sight is what lets me know to aim at a doorway in the subway, cause you can see a red glow moving around. I have destroyed entire squads because one of their members has a give away laser beam bouncing off the walls If you find you are dying alot in the subway section, switch the attachment out.
Not really, I typically switch it off until I've acquired a target. It actually reduces the spread when firing without ADS.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #160
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Not really, I typically switch it off until I've acquired a target. It actually reduces the spread when firing without ADS.
I saw someone suggest on the BF3 forums that they should make it a timed push button (like push t and it's on for 5 - 10 seconds) instead of just on/off.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #161
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Caspian Border is now open to the public till the beta closes on the PC thought id let everyone know.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #162
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Im gunna have me some fun!

Looking forward to those 64 player maps.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #163
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Caspian Border is now open to the public till the beta closes on the PC thought id let everyone know.

cool!
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #164
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
The flashlight is brighter than scope glare, even when outside.

Yea I have been killed a lot due to the stupid flashlight and laser sights from someone in my squad... some people are just to dumb to play the game.. if you can see them due to their flashlight they can see you coming a mile away.... noobs abound !
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #165
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Im gunna have me some fun!

Looking forward to those 64 player maps.
Seems like all the Caspian Border 64 player ones i join are laggy so i prefer 48.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #166
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Seems like all the Caspian Border 64 player ones i join are laggy so i prefer 48.
Its the ArtofWar servers, they blow. Just join another North American server, it should be fine.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #167
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Now THIS (Caspian Border) is the Battlefield I remember!

HUZZAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #168
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRiderSS View Post
Seems really buggy to me...I've had lots of artifacts and clipping...using a knife sucks...connection issues as well

Im not too impressed with frostbite

Thank you for playing the Open Beta and making the final game better! We are very excited to see so many gamers join our Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Here’s an update on the Open Beta from DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson.

I want to give you an overview of how the Open Beta is helping us shape a fantastic final game, what we are implementing based on your feedback, and how the Open Beta will help us deliver a robust gaming environment from day one.

The Open Beta is a true Beta

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we’re confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better.

Dedicated servers require dedicated testing

The biggest reason for running the Open Beta is to stress test our servers and back end. Already, we are seeing 6 times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2! The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of 6 makes it doubly important to test everything.

We are constantly updating the News section on Battlelog with information on what we are fixing from Open Beta to final. We appreciate your time and your feedback. The data and feedback from the Open Beta will not only directly affect the final game of Battlefield 3, but its future development and support.

We’re heading out on the road this week to let journalists experience all aspects of Battlefield 3. Stay tuned for their previews, and stay tuned for the final game on October 25th. The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta. You have helped making sure of that.

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE