Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
p0335 code when i replaced crank sensor...

replaced my starter with a high tq starter, also had the pig tail and crank sensor replaced at the same time. need ot figure out and solve the heat soak issue, and figured i would have all that done while they were in there to rule out any other bad parts. all gm parts (not starter). now i get a strong crank but it takes awhile to fire and when i does it throws that code for the circuit. any ideas??? they have rechecked the wiring etc...said all was good. going to order new parts again to see if it gets solved but i need some help on this one i think.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
ReVeNanTSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary EU
Hi.I see that no one answered( i have same issue
ReVeNanTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:21 PM   #3
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Crankshaft position sensor relearn procedure with a scanner
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:54 AM   #4
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
Crankshaft position sensor relearn procedure with a scanner
Really? Do tell... Please provide the text or information where you have
read or seen this. I have a service manual, THAT is not in it...

P0335 is a CIRCUIT error, not a timing error.

The crankshaft position sensor circuits consist of an engine control module (ECM) supplied 5V reference
circuit, low reference circuit and an output signal circuit. The crankshaft position sensor is an internally
magnetic biased digital output integrated circuit sensing device. The sensor detects magnetic flux changes
between the peaks and valleys of a 58-tooth reluctor wheel on the crankshaft. Each tooth on the reluctor wheel
is spaced at 60-tooth spacing, with 2 missing teeth for the reference gap. The crankshaft position sensor
produces an ON/OFF DC voltage of varying frequency, with 58 output pulses per crankshaft revolution. The
frequency of the crankshaft position sensor output depends on the velocity of the crankshaft. The crankshaft
position sensor sends a digital signal, which represents an image of the crankshaft reluctor wheel, to the ECM as
each tooth on the wheel rotates past the crankshaft position sensor. The ECM uses each crankshaft position
signal pulse to determine crankshaft speed and decodes the crankshaft reluctor wheel reference gap to identify
crankshaft position. This information is then used to sequence the ignition timing and fuel injection events for
the engine. The ECM also uses crankshaft position sensor output information to determine the crankshaft
relative position to the camshaft, to detect cylinder misfire, and to control the camshaft position actuator if
equipped.

P0335 is set if:
5V is Open/High Resistance.
Crankshaft Position Signal is Open/High Resistance or Shorted to Voltage.
Low Reference Signal is Open/High Resistance or Shorted to Voltage.

Has NOTHING to do with relearning anything.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
DTC P0335 is a Type A DTC.
The camshaft position actuator if equipped is commanded to the parked position.

1. Engine idling, observe the scan tool Crankshaft Position Active Counter
parameter. The parameter should be incrementing.
2. Engine idling, observe the DTC information with a scan tool. DTC P0335
should not set.
3. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC. You may
also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the
Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Circuit Testing:
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the B26 crankshaft position sensor.
2. Ignition OFF, vehicle systems OFF, this may take 2 minutes, test for less than 1 ohms between the low
reference circuit, terminal B, and ground.
If greater than the specified value, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the
circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
3. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 V between the 5 V reference circuit, terminal C and ground.
If less than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for an open/high resistance or short to
ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than the specified range, test the 5 V reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit
tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
4. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 V between the signal circuit terminal A and ground.
If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit for an open/high resistance or short to ground.
If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests
normal, replace the K20 ECM.
5. Ignition OFF, connect a 3 A fused jumper wire to the signal circuit terminal A.
6. Ignition ON, momentarily touch the other end of the fused jumper wire to the battery negative post. The
Crankshaft Position Active counter, should increment.
If the Crankshaft Position Active counter increments, test or replace the B26 crankshaft position
sensor.
If the Crankshaft Position Active counter does not increment, replace the K20 ECM.

Last edited by AlanRubin; 09-25-2021 at 11:30 PM.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Isnt PO355 a coil fail not the crank sensor? If the crank sensor circuit was faulted, it wouldn't fire at all.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
G8One2

Oops my bad, he meant PO335 not the other one. Yep circuit needs checked
Old 09-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
G8One2

I would also suggest using an OEM part from the dealer for stuff like this, and not your local Auto Zone or whatever. Idk where you got the part from, but you could be chasing your tail using aftermarket sensors.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #8
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Listen Alan Rubin u can shove the service manual up your a$$. I know all that diagnostic information by heart I’ve forgotten more stuff then you F in know. Read what the OP said!!
He was trying to solve an issue and decided to change out the CKP sensor and harness because he was there.Then he was getting P0335! After you replace an CKP sensor u do a relearn procedure. Jacka§§
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:42 PM   #9
AlanRubin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
Listen Alan Rubin u can shove the service manual up your a$$. I know all that diagnostic information by heart I’ve forgotten more stuff then you F in know. Read what the OP said!!
He was trying to solve an issue and decided to change out the CKP sensor and harness because he was there.Then he was getting P0335! After you replace an CKP sensor u do a relearn procedure. Jacka§§
Prove it!

Good talk, and that's all you are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
Really? Do tell... Please provide the text or information where you have
read or seen this.
I have a service manual, THAT is not in it...

P0335 is a CIRCUIT error, not a timing error.
And yet you mouthed off, and didn't answer the question, typical...
Old 10-01-2021, 06:31 PM   #10
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
well, it didnt need a relearn, i ordered a new pigtail and it was installed and it worked no problem after. i still have the no start issue when hot, but i think i found that issue as well - my turbo piping is missing the exhaust wrap and the starter is overheating. i hope that finally solves this!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:53 AM   #11
AlanRubin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
well, it didnt need a relearn, i ordered a new pigtail and it was installed and it worked no problem after. i still have the no start issue when hot, but i think i found that issue as well - my turbo piping is missing the exhaust wrap and the starter is overheating. i hope that finally solves this!
Good deal, circuit error as indicated.

Well, how about that, Mouse330 , it was ELECTRICAL, like I wrote...

I have replaced countless sensors, and all I do is a KAM wipe, and
idle the car from cold to operating temp...