Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #15
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Personally, I love both cars. But with how expensive the SS is, it's almost worth it to get the lighter weight, better performing corvette. It's not like an SS is going to be much less on insurance than a vette. And I disagree with an earlier post that says the Vette sacrifices form to function. The corvette has always been the tip of the spear of cutting edge styling for the era it was in. The C6 is no exception. True, the function is there, but at no expense to style IMHO. These SS prices and this thread have now got me shopping around for a nice used C6. Too bad.
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #16
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by QS78 View Post
Ok guys ... after having known the base SS price ...

Do u buy a 2010 LS3 camaro or a second hand 2008 LS3 C6 (targa top WoW) ??

of course this is if u dont really care about owning some thing called CAMARO !!
At the moment I am leaning heavily towards a camaro.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #17
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
The corvette and camaro are 2 different animals ... you shouldn't compare the two. If you are looking at both and don't need the convenience the rear seats offer in the camaro .. it would be vette hands down. You get a lighter and better performing car.

I for one need a back seat so the vette isn't even an option to me. If it were, I wouldn't be here right now .. LOL

Crowley
Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
When peole who don't really no much about cars see a camaro, they will probably be comparing it to a mustang and or challenger. The camaro is a beautiful car and it was the first car i ever drove, therefore it needs to be the first car i ever own, but if you buy a corvette, your on a completely different level. People compare corvettes to vipers, and corvettes are more rare. It all comes down to the buyer, definitly a hard choice, i was considering buying a used c6 for 34k, but then i realized i would only be 18 and rather have a car like that when im about 24, 25...Camaro all the way for me!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I am very upset that its starting over 30k.

ESPECIALLY after I heard it straight from the mouth of many people around GM that it would start BELOW 30k.

However, I will still probably go SS. Unless the V6 just completley blows my mind, I cant see myself NOT driving a V8 Camaro...its just in my blood.

Now its just going to be in my wallet a little more than I wanted...
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
speedbroker
Custom Instigator

Drives: Acura TSX
I am hoping they priced a bit higher than they expected due to marketing strategy in this economy. Price higher, then offer more incentives and rebates to make people feel like they are getting a real deal. Sales 101..
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #21
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbroker View Post
I am hoping they priced a bit higher than they expected due to marketing strategy in this economy. Price higher, then offer more incentives and rebates to make people feel like they are getting a real deal. Sales 101..
The MSRP of this vehicle does not include taxes, registration, and other miscellaneous fees. While most people expect to get a discount off the MSRP, when all of the extraneous charges are added in, the price "out the door" might be close to, or even higher than, the MSRP. In fact, MSRPs used to be set fairly high, which allowed a good-sized discount, but in recent years the trend has tended towards setting the MSRP closer to the actual market value. Depending on the model and the demand, it is not unusual today to pay full MSRP at a dealership, plus the miscellaneous charges. Granted, transportation fee is included with MSRP on the camaro.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote