Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #71
Blue Demon

Drives: 2006 Corvette
I got the 20" Foose wheels installed today, here are some pics. I also picked up two clamps and will replace the zip ties with them next week.

Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #72
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Beautiful! Love the black on the yellow car. Nice.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #73
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
FINALLY... got my wheels on today...

Original plan was use bands to mount the Sensors inside and install short stems.

I took two different types of stems with me to try first (See Pics) Same ones Nine Ball recommended in an earlier post.

- My installer didn't like the long 90 deg metal stems. Didn't want to risk something catching them even if they were turned parallel w/ the wheel. He said their main purpose was for mesh wheels when you need it to stick through for front access.

- The short metal stem looked promising, but as you can see in the pic it didn't quite fit although I think this would be perfect for most folks. I got them for 36.00 from Nick at BFX Auto. His service was awesome and he overnighted them to me.
http://www.bfxauto.com/BFXautosport-Accessories-s/3.htm

Ended up just going with the bands and a regular short rubber stem which worked great.

I'll post up more pics in my Journal...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=80769&page=5
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #74
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
WOW! Those look awesome!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #75
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Those are downright sexy!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #76
Blue Demon

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Looks great!
Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #77
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Here is another issue for you guys.
My valve caps have been hitting my lower controll arm in the rear.
I heard a tic, tic, tic, tic sound yeaterday.
Then a few minutes later, the rear left sensor monitor stopped sending out a signal and died.
I got looking under the rear end, assuming that the brake cable was the issue again, and there was lots of clearance there.
I rolled the car back a little farther and the valve cap was about 1/4" away from the lower controll arm.
And you could see where the cap has been rubbing, and the cap looks like it has a 45 degree angle worn on it.
Now, my car has over 600hp, so I thing that in the process of using all of those ponies, and being very hard on the brakes. So the suspension was getting a good workout and being put in positions that most of you won't be.
Here are some pictures...
I just talked to Mitch at Iconz, and he has a different adaptor that he is going to send me, and hopefully everything will finally work.
I have also posted a picture of where I had to grind down the front struts to clear the valve stems. My car has been lowered 1 1/2" in the front.
Attached Images

stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #78
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I wish wheel companies would quit drilling the holes on the backside of the drop center. Especially on 22" wheels. These usually have a LOT of clearance on the inside of the drop, if they had just drilled the hole on the other side.

Mike, the car looks killer lowered!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #79
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by World of Wheels View Post
You will need the black valve stem on the left.

***Don't let them charge you more than $8 for the set. The dealer hit me $20 a pice a while back, My wheel accessory distributer charges me less than a dollar per***
OK, I am sure I know the answer to this question but does the rubber stem need to have the small brass piece at the end or can that piece be inserted into the stem? I have looked everywhere in the Tampa area except my dealer and it is like hunting for gold.

Thanks
Attached Images

..........and a Mustang wet itself.....................

...................and someone from Dodge quickly put their hands over the headlights of the Challenger......................
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #80
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I wish wheel companies would quit drilling the holes on the backside of the drop center. Especially on 22" wheels. These usually have a LOT of clearance on the inside of the drop, if they had just drilled the hole on the other side.

Mike, the car looks killer lowered!
Exactly what my installer said. I sent pics to Derrick this morning and told him the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBayCamaro View Post
OK, I am sure I know the answer to this question but does the rubber stem need to have the small brass piece at the end or can that piece be inserted into the stem? I have looked everywhere in the Tampa area except my dealer and it is like hunting for gold.

Thanks
I'm thinking the answer is No... but will defer to the experts...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #81
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
The factory TPMS valvestem looks like the black rubber one on the left in that photo. Yes, it needs the brass section. That tiny hole is where the air comes into the tire from the valvestem. The screw at the end attaches the sensor.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #82
Berean

Drives: Truck
Here's something I don't get that maybe someone can clarify.

On some of these aftermarket wheels, why did they go with a 2 valve stem setup?

Seems like the TPMS could be the outside valve stem and we wouldn't have all these brake line problems.

Am I missing something?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #83
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Well finally found some of the valves stems and chrome covers & caps at my local RnR. Wheels and drop springs going on tomorrow. Can't wait.

..........and a Mustang wet itself.....................

...................and someone from Dodge quickly put their hands over the headlights of the Challenger......................
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #84
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Here is another picture of the rear lower controll arm. I put some green painters tape on it, just to confirm where it was hitting. It only hits under heavy loading though.
Attached Images

stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote