Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #99
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
They loved Zeta-based Vauxhalls, and they loved the ZR-1 and the CTS-V (and even kinda liked the Challenger) so I'd be surprised if they didn't like the Camaro. Any American bashing is good-natured national rivalry, not bias. They're certainly harsher on some other countries. They're pretty thorough, not only generating objective numbers but commenting on subjective attributes like steering feel, feedback, responsiveness, and passion. If they mention Japanese reliability, it is only to say that years ago it made us realize cars should be reliable, and they don't state it as though it is given fact today. They're not the best drivers, but the Stig makes up for it.

My prediction is they'll love the looks, the power, the solidity, passion, grip, and brakes, and criticize the interior, control feedback, body roll, and size. I don't think they'll even mention the visibility.

And I'd hope it would be in Series 14, but I can see why it might be delayed until 15. Hopefully the show will be on the air that long.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 11-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #100
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Camaro on Top Gear

Anyone know when they will be testing the Camaro on Top Gear?
Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #101
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Haven't heard yet, but oh man get ready for Jeremy to bad mouth it

He talked bad about the Viper, Corvette, ZO6 (to a certain extent), and XLR. The only car he really didn't talk bad about was the Ford GT, and the ZR-1.

I hope Richard does the segment, he seems to like muscle cars more
Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #102
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
what for??

so he can say how crappy the interior is or how much america sucks at building cars or so he can race it against a chettah and bad mouth it if it looses or say that he is driving the V8 when everybody can see that it's a V6, or to strap it to a dyno and make a big fuss because it's not making 426 HP to the wheels like advertised and so on and so forth...

just watch top gear for the entertainment factor and not for the car testing abilities or fairness

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com

Last edited by svtjackal; 11-15-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #103
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Ease up on the Top Gear dudes. They're still bitter that their ancestors got their a**es handed to them by a bunch of Farmers with pitch forks during the revolutionary war!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #104
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Haven't heard yet, but oh man get ready for Jeremy to bad mouth it

He talked bad about the Viper, Corvette, ZO6 (to a certain extent), and XLR. The only car he really didn't talk bad about was the Ford GT, and the ZR-1.

I hope Richard does the segment, he seems to like muscle cars more
Yeah, i think Richard likes American Muscle... i recall him driving the Challenger in a top speed test they did.

I also don't think Jeremy will talk bad about it... you just can't. Unless they give him a lemon, he's gotta like it... he appreciates value, and there is serious bang for the buck in a twenty-ten Camaro!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #105
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Drives: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Yeah, i think Richard likes American Muscle... i recall him driving the Challenger in a top speed test they did.

I also don't think Jeremy will talk bad about it... you just can't. Unless they give him a lemon, he's gotta like it... he appreciates value, and there is serious bang for the buck in a twenty-ten Camaro!
LMAO i hope you are kidding. Jeremy will talk a ton of shit about the interior. You have some serious blinders on if you think that british douche won't rag on the camaro.

f' Jeremy
Old 11-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #106
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
So does anyone have a date???
Old 11-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #107
5thGenOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post
LMAO i hope you are kidding. Jeremy will talk a ton of shit about the interior. You have some serious blinders on if you think that british douche won't rag on the camaro.

f' Jeremy
You're probably right... I will block out anything he says about the interior. But I want to see him find a car for this price... with this power! And if he says he didn't have fun in it... he's lying!

Rag all they want, I just wanna see it on their track!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #108
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Drives: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
You're probably right... I will block out anything he says about the interior. But I want to see him find a car for this price... with this power! And if he says he didn't have fun in it... he's lying!

Rag all they want, I just wanna see it on their track!
Yeah I want to see what time it does with "the stig".
Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #109
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
I hate those ass hat's. The Camaro will get cut down just because it's American. ***** them.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 11-15-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: easy on the swearing..
Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #110
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Top gear is a great show, don't bad mouth it until they actually test the camaro. Maybe they will see what we see, an amazing car. Also, I heard that GM was giving them a hard time with letting them use a car, they might have to buy one like they did the challenger. But I also heard it will be on this season, season 14 I believe.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #111
missionbrent
Bringing the Sexy Back

Drives: 73GMC/05Jeep/07Cobalt/Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
Top gear is a great show, don't bad mouth it until they actually test the camaro. Maybe they will see what we see, an amazing car. Also, I heard that GM was giving them a hard time with letting them use a car, they might have to buy one like they did the challenger. But I also heard it will be on this season, season 14 I believe.
Top Gear is bad bad show if you want real information about cars. Clarkson will cut down a Corvette for being loud, having a big V8, and being ony good on the track, but he will talk up a European or British car saying they are good for those very same reasons. If you have ever seen them talk about Aston or Supercar Jaguars you will know what I am talking about. You can even see when he is presenting Corvettes he is having a blast, but he still must bad mouth them. Same thing When James May was driving the CTS-V he was having fun, but insisted on puting the car down. Brits have a huge complex when it comes to admiting good things about America. They just can't get past that history.

All of that being said Clarkson did like the ZR-1 a lot.

Top Gear is a good show if you are watching it for entertainment.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #112
5thGenOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionbrent View Post
Top Gear is a good show if you are watching it for entertainment.
Well yeah, and there aint really much else out there. I still wanna see it on the track... hope it is this season!

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, challenger, gear, top, vette