Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #43
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Oi vay, so you have a cam, but did you get a converter? I've heard the converter does wonder's on this car and is really the first major mod after bolt-ons that should be done. :P

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:56 AM   #44
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F. View Post
Add a blower?

Vette - different animal, not as practical for a dd
370z - I had one. Big fun to drive in the twisties as someone already mentioned. Power curve just starts to kick in at 3500 rpms with this car. Crappy ergonomics for any one over 5' 10".
L99 - I dumped mine for the 370z...hated it.
I love my ride today. Go figure...

Good luck with your quest.
My last toy was a 3370z. It was fun for a while. I had full bolt-ons, tune, plus a Quaife diff with 4.08 gears. It didn't have the pull I wanted. I thought about boosting it, but was concerned about it's durability.

So, I bought an LS3 and boosted it instead.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #45
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
My last toy was a 3370z. It was fun for a while. I had full bolt-ons, tune, plus a Quaife diff with 4.08 gears. It didn't have the pull I wanted. I thought about boosting it, but was concerned about it's durability.

So, I bought an LS3 and boosted it instead.
Same here. Full bolt on's, thought about turbos (engine is very similar to the GTR's, but not quite), but the cost was more than the same on the Camaro. The 370's are also heavy cars, but handle very well. The synchro shift is great, but never felt it was getting out of it's own way very well. Fun to own for a while, absolutely no cargo space for even weekend travel. Suggest you find another alternative.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #46
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Maybe get a ZL1 or a Z06, that should make you happy for a while.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #47
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Beware of the CTS-V differential if you go that route.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #48
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Same here. Full bolt on's, thought about turbos (engine is very similar to the GTR's, but not quite), but the cost was more than the same on the Camaro. The 370's are also heavy cars, but handle very well. The synchro shift is great, but never felt it was getting out of it's own way very well. Fun to own for a while, absolutely no cargo space for even weekend travel. Suggest you find another alternative.
The best part of the Z car.. is if you open the trunk ( in a convertible)... It actually shows you with a picture.. how to fit a golf bag
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #49
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post

But I do love my manual better than the auto ; and know it could have been better as I had shift kitted trans with torque converters that would fry tires and sit you back in a seat like a stick but did not want to invest in the Convertible it was so hard to clean black and I have a cat that thinks its king of the car sitting on the roof sometimes...And well working outside a lot...sun on my head rarely with a bitchy wife and hair flying all over while already tanned ..

I could not see repeatedly treating it with Sunbrella forever every few months for water repellency (rainy here), and cleaning off cat hair waiting to see if someday it becomes a cat scratch pad also... Only you know what you want and if its the best on the lot and that's good enough or not quite up to snuff......
I treat my Vert top every 18-24 months with Chemical Guys and had a cat problem once until I scared the hell out of it with a near shot of my BB gun. That prob was solved! I'm hanging on to my Vert for a while. It's hard for me to fall for another ride, 5th Gen was a Home Run in style!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #50
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Unless you're looking for a lighter more nimble car, mod what you have. I do think the manual leads to more long term enjoyment. It will always be nostalgic and old school in that way. The ceiling is pretty much unlimited in straight line power so maybe try forced induction. I would give a Corvette or even a Porsche a look of you just want a different driving experience. I would stay V8 whatever you choose. The sounds alone are worth it.
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #51
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I was getting bored with my 2010 SS/RS about 3 or 4 years ago. At the time I had the basics like headers & CB, tuned, lowered, wheels, CAI and running about 430rwhp.

Then I wanted more. I debated selling the camaro and going for a ZL1 or a vette. I studied the next steps in going FI compared to going with another car and decided to get cammed and blown. Fell in love all over again. I still get excited when I get to drive the Camaro. Hearing the loud supercharger whine, feeling the car shake when idling at stop lights, keeping her looking good and clean.

Totally worth it. Go FI. You'll love it again.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #52
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Go FI or store it till spring. I bet you’ll be begging to back in the car before then because of not driving of you stored it. Took the car for granted now you feel bored with it. Don’t drive it for a while then you’ll start to miss the little things that made you happy. It’s only November and I want to drive mine but cold temps and summer tires don’t mix well.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:23 AM   #53
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
90k miles is acceptable for moving on IMO. my silverado had 96k when i traded it for this yellow chevrolet.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #54
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I was getting bored with my 2010 SS/RS about 3 or 4 years ago. At the time I had the basics like headers & CB, tuned, lowered, wheels, CAI and running about 430rwhp.

Then I wanted more. I debated selling the camaro and going for a ZL1 or a vette. I studied the next steps in going FI compared to going with another car and decided to get cammed and blown. Fell in love all over again. I still get excited when I get to drive the Camaro. Hearing the loud supercharger whine, feeling the car shake when idling at stop lights, keeping her looking good and clean.

Totally worth it. Go FI. You'll love it again.
430 rwhp.. with bolt ons? Wtf
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote