Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-26-2020, 02:48 PM   #15
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
Just wanted to share my recent project. In case anyone is interested this project is straight forward. Just take your time, clean your tires very well (I used 3-4 rounds of Bleche White and about 5 rounds of acetone) and clean the backs of the letters lightly with acetone. Then, use a small amount of the provided glue and make sure it is spread completely and evenly on the entire letter. Do only what your hands can press down at once (meaning don't do a huge group of letters at once as you wont be able to push them down on the tire). I had 2 sets per tire and still only used half of the tube of glue. The extra you can use to tidy up any corners or lifted sections that didnt get stuck completely or use in the future if any portion starts to lift up. This took me a while to complete as I washed the entire wheel and peeled off all the double sided tape from previous tires being mounted. I know these are not for everyone and a lot of people like a much cleaner look but I am posting for those interested in this and maybe too afraid to do it themselves. I personally love the look.
Hands down one the very best looking SS's I have ever seen, the lettering make the black wheels look awesome.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:44 AM   #16
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
Hands down one the very best looking SS's I have ever seen, the lettering make the black wheels look awesome.
Wow! Thanks a lot! I appreciate that. I have been getting lots of compliments at work also. Seems like the general consensus is that its a good look. Thanks again!

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote