Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #2101
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Yeah, makes me even happier I got mine. I don't particularly care for the refresh. I like the front, but the rear lights would be a deal-breaker

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #2102
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Why does your car look so dirty? lol

I just washed mine this afternoon. Started raining so I had to pull it into the garage and blow dry there. I think tomorrow I'll clay/polish/seal it for the first time.
I was planning on starting the tach/speedo lighting project, but I think I need a better tool than a flathead wrapped in electrical tape to remove the bezel. Felt like I was going to break or scratch it if I continued, so I gave up for now.
Ahh you saw the dirt! Clear Bra curing. Can't wash it until today, Friday.

Don't use a flathead. Use one of those auto pry tools. I have an awesome one I bought on Amazon for like $6 or $10. It's got a little rubber ring on it that make prying shtuff super easy. And it's forked.

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35260-Pl...s=prying+tools

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 AM   #2103
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
On a different note, what do you guys think of the Z28 reveal? I think it looks pretty sweet except for the rear lights (and the new SS rear lights are god-awful IMO). Definitely sounds like a killer on the track, but I doubt it'd be something I'd enjoy just cruising around in like the 1LE. All told, I think I made the right choice for me...I like my creature comforts the Z sounds like something that should only be on the track. I'm happy they brought it back, but it sounds more like the true "2% car"
I like the fact there's a Z/28 and it revs to 7,000 and it's the most HP out of a naturally aspirated car. Don't like tail lights. And I don't think stripped down so bare bones makes sense but I understand that's the Z/28 legacy. My 84 Z was basic but it was also a very nice daily driver. I'm surprised they've stripped this down even further.

Thought the 1LE "last year" was a track car, I like the fact in the 2SS you have the heated seats, my link, etc. I mean, many a German car are pimped out in luxry style, and I'm glad the 1LE has some of that hold the plastic interior. I won't go back two months. ;-)

The bigger issue is that Chevy has a product proliferation problem and, IMHO, needs to do some product pruning. Unless I'm forgetting a model the Camaro has:

LT
SS w/1LE option (but let's call that two):
1LE
ZL1
Z28

Dropping the ZL1 seems natural. I'm confused what to do with the SS vs. the 1LE.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #2104
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I like the fact there's a Z/28 and it revs to 7,000 and it's the most HP out of a naturally aspirated car. Don't like tail lights. And I don't think stripped down so bare bones makes sense but I understand that's the Z/28 legacy. My 84 Z was basic but it was also a very nice daily driver. I'm surprised they've stripped this down even further.

Thought the 1LE "last year" was a track car, I like the fact in the 2SS you have the heated seats, my link, etc. I mean, many a German car are pimped out in luxry style, and I'm glad the 1LE has some of that hold the plastic interior. I won't go back two months. ;-)

The bigger issue is that Chevy has a product proliferation problem and, IMHO, needs to do some product pruning. Unless I'm forgetting a model the Camaro has:

LT
1LE
ZL1
Z28

Dropping the ZL1 seems natural. I'm confused what to do with the SS vs. the 1LE.

I think your Camaro product lineup is meant to look like this:

LS
LT
SS or SS/1LE
ZL1
Z28

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #2105
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post

LT
1LE
ZL1
Z28

A few things:
1. The 1LE is a track pack for the SS, so that solves that.
2. I hope you mean in the most NA horsepower in a Camaro, because otherwise it's not.
3. Thank god Chevy has stepped it up! At least performance wise this year...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #2106
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Where ya been?!

tramtwo posted this on the go
Work has been hectic, lots of overtime. So much so I just barely broke 500 miles on the car a week ago and we have some good weather for driving too.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #2107
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Well we know one is very clean
Indeed it is.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #2108
OzzySS

Finished polishing her up today, but the sun went away again as I was finishing :( when it was out it actually hurt to look at her lol. Got a great mirror going on
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364616639.371034.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364616659.806487.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  56.6 KB

Old 03-30-2013, 02:24 AM   #2109
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Finished polishing her up today, but the sun went away again as I was finishing :( when it was out it actually hurt to look at her lol. Got a great mirror going on
Attachment 491280
Attachment 491281
Awesome. What do you think about RY going away?

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #2110
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Attachment 491280
Attachment 491281
Love it, man.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #2111
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Awesome. What do you think about RY going away?

It's going away?? I missed that news...
Hmm, judging from what I saw in other threads, it's a low production color, so I guess I can see the reasoning...but I've always thought I ought to be able to order up whatever basic color I want, within reason. I really wanted to go SGM with the camaro, since my cav was RY already. GM does offer more colors than some other brands (*cough, BMW, cough*) but they could still do more (*cough, KB for all, cough*).

Old 03-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #2112
OzzySS

Hopefully the weather cooperates tomorrow and I'll be able to get some pics under sunlight...maybe even next to Newb at the five-o meet

Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #2113
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Hopefully the weather cooperates tomorrow and I'll be able to get some pics under sunlight...maybe even next to Newb at the five-o meet
Work has caused a change in my plans. I now have to work nights starting tonight indefinitely. I will be on a rotating schedule so the next 2 weekends are now shot.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #2114
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
A question about NPP when i got my car just to save time i had my dealer pull the fuse,for *hits and giggles today i put it in just to hear the difference since i have never heard it with the flaps closed.The flaps wouldn't close...hmmmm.The car was warm so it wasn't because of cold idle start,is there like a reset time that the car must go through in order to get the flaps to close and then only open at 3500 RPM?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote