Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #169
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
Not just that...There are a ton of V6 everything and more Ford n Chevy V8s out there and Dodges (or at least from what i've been noticing).So i would assume that any thing stamped SRT(in good or higher condition i might add) would be worth more than lets say SS's or 5.0s(same condition) in 10-20 years down the road..you can even throw in Last Gen GTOs n G8s in the mix.
Oh , ok! just drove two miles and saw two 2008 - 2010 SRT's , 1 R/T, and 1 V6 challenger. One of those which is a Orange SRT is always parked at a gas station by me . I know the Dodge dealership that i went to looking for Camaro's was trying desperately to get me to buy a 2013 Challenger SRT 392 and I kept telling them if the 5th Gen wasn't out that i would. A salesman asked me have I been in one and i said no , so he got keys and said that I would be impressed with the size of the interior but I wasn't. So he told me to wait in the waiting room and he would give me directions to a 2012 Camaro ss that he could give me the challenger for lower than the SS 43k . But that was until he checked the price of the challenger. lol... But i already knew how much they cost on. Want to charge for them.

This salesman came back with his sales manager and the sales manager started telling me how special the challenger will be compared to the Camaro. And that it will be worth more plus I would regret not buying it . I laughed! Than the manager asks if there was anything that he could do to make pick the 13 392 over the 12 SS and politely said no . And so the manager told the salesman "well Chevy runs deep in this guy " so we can't change his mind . Let him go! Lol.... I just laughed and said thanks for everything. I apologize for the long post .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #170
LS1ftw

Drives: LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
And lol... We all know that the 05 mustang started the retro theme . So yes , the 5th Gen copied the blueprint . Chevy just took the blueprint and did it better in buyers , shows and magazines eyes. So give the 5th Gen some credit too . Because there is always someone that started something and than someone that takes it and does it better .
S197 sales are over a million. Zeta just hit 500,000 didn't it? Thats not "better in buyers". Yes when the Zeta was introduced it took the sales lead, but at that time the S197 had been out for 5 years. Yes I agree though, there's always someone better/faster. It's what keeps Ford and Chevy building awesome cars every year.
LS1ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #171
GAFreddy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS & 2013 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Oh , ok! just drove two miles and saw two 2008 - 2010 SRT's , 1 R/T, and 1 V6 challenger. One of those which is a Orange SRT is always parked at a gas station by me . I know the Dodge dealership that i went to looking for Camaro's was trying desperately to get me to buy a 2013 Challenger SRT 392 and I kept telling them if the 5th Gen wasn't out that i would. A salesman asked me have I been in one and i said no , so he got keys and said that I would be impressed with the size of the interior but I wasn't. So he told me to wait in the waiting room and he would give me directions to a 2012 Camaro ss that he could give me the challenger for lower than the SS 43k . But that was until he checked the price of the challenger. lol... But i already knew how much they cost on. Want to charge for them.

This salesman came back with his sales manager and the sales manager started telling me how special the challenger will be compared to the Camaro. And that it will be worth more plus I would regret not buying it . I laughed! Than the manager asks if there was anything that he could do to make pick the 13 392 over the 12 SS and politely said no . And so the manager told the salesman "well Chevy runs deep in this guy " so we can't change his mind . Let him go! Lol.... I just laughed and said thanks for everything. I apologize for the long post .

That's actually a pretty cool story!

I like the Challenger, but obviously the Camaro much more.
GAFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #172
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Just drove 10 min and saw 6-9 camaros out n about....point?
Back when i was shopping for a new car(2011), i really wanted a Charger SRT(4 door kind of person at the time)..And where i was stationed at you couldnt throw a rock with out hitting some form of stang or camaro..Because of that i DIDNT want a camaro...But the 6-10 k price difference was the deal breaker..not regretting the purchase because LS3 but personally would have wanted an SRT Charger...If i had the cash atm to buy Charger Hellcat or Viper(preferably).
Old 04-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #173
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ftw View Post
S197 sales are over a million. Zeta just hit 500,000 didn't it? Thats not "better in buyers". Yes when the Zeta was introduced it took the sales lead, but at that time the S197 had been out for 5 years. Yes I agree though, there's always someone better/faster. It's what keeps Ford and Chevy building awesome cars every year.
Lol... Do the math. The 5th Gen sold over 500,000 in 5 years and the S197 sold million in 10 years! So the Camaro would've passed or been dead even with the mustang if it was out for 10 years. But I'm talking about the 5th Gen sold more since it came out you're bragging about customers not having any choice but buy the mustang before the Camaro and challenger. But as soon as the 5th Gen came out the Mustang fell into second place. And ford was robbing ppl out of HP before the 5th Gen came out too. But yea , both are bringing out the best.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #174
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Lol... Do the math. The 5th Gen sold over 500,000 in 5 years and the S197 sold million in 10 years! So the Camaro would've passed or been dead even with the mustang if it was out for 10 years. But I'm talking about the 5th Gen sold more since it came out you're bragging about customers not having any choice but buy the mustang before the Camaro and challenger. But as soon as the 5th Gen came out the Mustang fell into second place. And ford was robbing ppl out of HP before the 5th Gen came out too. But yea , both are bringing out the best.
Hypothetically, Had 5th Gen or SRT not come out when they did, you think ford would have ramped up the HP?
As you said they are bringing out their best..Think Ford had an "Oh crap" moment when 5th gen was announced
Old 04-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #175
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTex View Post
That's actually a pretty cool story!

I like the Challenger, but obviously the Camaro much more.
Thanx ! I tried to tell it without messing up or missing words but was typing real fast. But I agree, the challenger is nice but the interior isn't as unique and the car doesn't have the cool stuff like the 5th Gen.

Quote:
Just drove 10 min and saw 6-9 camaros out n about....point?
Back when i was shopping for a new car(2011), i really wanted a Charger SRT(4 door kind of person at the time)..And where i was stationed at you couldnt throw a rock with out hitting some form of stang or camaro..Because of that i DIDNT want a camaro...But the 6-10 k price difference was the deal breaker..not regretting the purchase because LS3 but personally would have wanted an SRT Charger...If i had the cash atm to buy Charger Hellcat or Viper(preferably).
I like and still want a 2006 to 2010 charger but nothing after that especially not that Hellcat because it lost it's muscle car character to me. And kinda looks like a lancer and other imports now to me. I have two friends that have a 14 charger, one is a SRT 392 Superbee and the other a R/T both was going to trade up for the Hellcat Charger but neither did because they said it looked cheap in person. And lost the uniqueness. BTW I love seeing other 5th Gens on the street because I love the look of them. But I do see alot more of the 2011 to 2015 Chargers than anything.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #176
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hypothetically, Had 5th Gen or SRT not come out when they did, you think ford would have ramped up the HP?
As you said they are bringing out their best..Think Ford had an "Oh crap" moment when 5th gen was announced
Oh , nope not to 400hp . Dodge had that oh, crap moment too with the 5th Gen. It's crazy how the V6 Camaro came out with more hp than the V8 mustang's year before and the dual tailpipes on all v6 Camaro's but not on V6 mustang's. And the Tall hood bulge and curves in the rear . I was so surprised that Chevy came that hard with the 5th Gen because Chevy cars in the 2000's besides the Corvette was always lacking something it seemed. Like the Monte Carlo SS , impala SS , GTO , Cobolt and G8 to some degree. I can't believe Chevy made a car that looks this good and powerful with brembo brakes for all SS models. The V6's was even hot.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #177
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Your posts make my brain hurt.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #178
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Wife and I were out earlier tonight and drove through Bristol. The ford dealer there had the whole front row full of new mustangs, I guessed about 20 cars. I got home and looked up their inventory, they have 25 New 2015 Mustangs, 1 V6, 10 GTs, and 14 ecoboost.....
The Bristol Chevy Dealer has 8 Camāros in stock. 6 V6 and 2 SS.
The Johnson City Ford dealer has 21 Mustangs in stock. 3 V6, 8 GT and 10 ecoboost
The Johnson City Chevy Dealer has 22 Camaros in stock. 13 V6, 1 ZL1, 8 SS.
Interesting.
The ford dealer down the street from my office has 18 Mustangs in stock, the nearest chevy dealer has 44 Camaros, crazy how your dealers have lot of mustangs and almost no camaros and my area is totally opposite.

Quote:
But as soon as the 5th Gen came out the Mustang fell into second place. And ford was robbing ppl out of HP before the 5th Gen came out too. But yea , both are bringing out the best.
Yep, camaro offered a hell of a package and not to mention a lot of pent up interest in a car that was gone for 8 model years will do that.

I don't really think Ford was "robbing" people of HP, they were offering what was needed at the time bc there was no real competition, they even offered a 500HP GT500 in 07 when there was literally no other hi-po competition. We all know they didn't develop the coyote in one year, so they knew/had a dam good idea what the camaro was packing and within a year responded to it.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #179
LS1ftw

Drives: LS1
Quote:
You are assuming that the market would have responded the same way it did in 2010 when the Camaro was new and the Mustang was 5 years old. It would have been interesting to see how everyone would have reacted if the Mustang and Camaro both had their 5th gen model in 2005. Ford had the SVT Shelby model out by the end of 2006. that was 500hp.
LS1ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #180
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I'm curious to see the ecoboost vs V8 breakdown on the Mustang. Even though the V8 purists may hate it, there is a generation out there that grew up on 4 cylinders, the Mustang ecoboost may just be the car they wanted.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #181
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The ford dealer down the street from my office has 18 Mustangs in stock, the nearest chevy dealer has 44 Camaros, crazy how your dealers have lot of mustangs and almost no camaros and my area is totally opposite.

Yep, camaro offered a hell of a package and not to mention a lot of pent up interest in a car that was gone for 8 model years will do that.

I don't really think Ford was "robbing" people of HP, they were offering what was needed at the time bc there was no real competition, they even offered a 500HP GT500 in 07 when there was literally no other hi-po competition. We all know they didn't develop the coyote in one year, so they knew/had a dam good idea what the camaro was packing and within a year responded to it.
True! And I know that it's kinda hard to determine how much HP is enough without competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ftw View Post
You are assuming that the market would have responded the same way it did in 2010 when the Camaro was new and the Mustang was 5 years old. It would have been interesting to see how everyone would have reacted if the Mustang and Camaro both had their 5th gen model in 2005. Ford had the SVT Shelby model out by the end of 2006. that was 500hp.
Well , you did bring up the years where the mustang was the only muscle/pony car to get . So while it was impressive , it wasn't really that impressive because you would expect that so this is why I think that the 5th Gens 500,000 sales was impressive . Because it was against competition. See what I'm saying? And yea , it definitely would've been nice to see how the two would've sold if both had came out together. I know about the SVP models but I was talking about the GT's.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #182
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I'm curious to see the ecoboost vs V8 breakdown on the Mustang. Even though the V8 purists may hate it, there is a generation out there that grew up on 4 cylinders, the Mustang ecoboost may just be the car they wanted.
I can tell you that the V8's are losing by a lot to the ecoboost but who is really surprised? And i don't think most that have a ecoboost would pick it over a V8 but hey, you get more value out of it for a cheaper price.