Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
dako94

Drives: Camaro 5
PAC Audio GM 4101

Hello,

I drive a Camaro 5. I installed a PAC GM 4101 with a Pioneer Radio by an Dealer. I have Problems that the Radio shut down and directly starts the Radio up. I haved changed the PAC Modul into a new Modul. I have still the same Problem. Can someone help me ?
Sorry for my bad english. I come from Germany.
dako94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
dpeterson7

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS - Imperial Blue Met.
Cut the brown wire that comes on the PAC wiring harness.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Yes you have to cut the Brown Loop wire. If you hit the OnStar button or the call button on the steering wheel control, it will kill the power to the radio instead of muting the radio. If your radio has a mute wire in the harness, you want to connect that to the OUTER MOST part of the brown wire. You should cut it closer to the inner pin so that you have more slack on the brown wire to connect it.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
dako94

Hey Guys thanks for your help. I haved cut the Brown Loop wire. My radio works normlay and dont shut down. I cant imagined that its works. I locked for 2 months for a Solution. A big thank !
Old 11-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
45thCamaro

PAC Audio GM 4101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dako94 View Post
Hey Guys thanks for your help. I haved cut the Brown Loop wire. My radio works normlay and dont shut down. I cant imagined that its works. I locked for 2 months for a Solution. A big thank !

Yeah No Problem I had the same issue when I instead my radio last week and I wanted to test everything before reassembly. When you press your mute button does your sound fully mute or go into ATT mode?
Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Yes you have to cut the Brown Loop wire. If you hit the OnStar button or the call button on the steering wheel control, it will kill the power to the radio instead of muting the radio. If your radio has a mute wire in the harness, you want to connect that to the OUTER MOST part of the brown wire. You should cut it closer to the inner pin so that you have more slack on the brown wire to connect it.
Good to know, as I’m considering this set up. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #7
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Good to know, as I’m considering this set up. Thanks for the info!

I like the setup, but if your considering the pac kit, I might suggest going with a smaller screen or smaller unit. While it says it fits a 7” screen, I cannot use the motorized screen with this kit. Which means no access to the CD slot. But if your like me, and you rely solely on your phone for music in the car, get a 7” screen.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I like the setup, but if your considering the pac kit, I might suggest going with a smaller screen or smaller unit. While it says it fits a 7” screen, I cannot use the motorized screen with this kit. Which means no access to the CD slot. But if your like me, and you rely solely on your phone for music in the car, get a 7” screen.
Thanks bro, yes, I’m just like you, Bluetooth only, thanks again!
Old 11-07-2018, 12:48 AM   #9
dako94

Quote:
Yeah No Problem I had the same issue when I instead my radio last week and I wanted to test everything before reassembly. When you press your mute button does your sound fully mute or go into ATT mode?
If i press the mute button, the sound is fully mute. But i have only cut the brown loop wire. I havent connect a another wire with the Brown wire, because Ma radio havent a mute wire.