Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #43
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LS, 2014 Silver A/C Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBaldDog View Post
There are a dozen ways to add one to the car, some of them $800-$1200. I like the car EXACTLY how it is, with the minimalist stereo and all.

The aftermarket stereo options look like ass, and get rid of my nice minimalist stereo, the OEM stereo option is damned expensive for what it is and loses the minimalist stereo, the 2010-2013 backup method gets rid of the sweet frameless rearview mirror.

Honestly I think I may go the wifi backup camera to cellphone route though it would get annoying to have to remember to turn the thing on anytime I want to backup.

All in all, I realize I am hard to please for this mod... so I'm not really upset that there isn't a good option. I have never personally owned and daily'd a car with a backup camera and have hit exactly 1 thing backing up (a bollard in a parking lot that was below the sight level of my truck). Just need to be more careful with this car, is all.
Not the best pic of my v6 stereo install with backup camera in the stereo(not rear view mirror) and the idata link has so much potential on the stereo face. I’m debating on putting same in the Z28.
Attached Images

2018 Cherokee, Trailhawk
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #44
Ls_Camaro

Drives: Not a Camaro yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVNO1 View Post
I like you also have a 7 year 70k warranty on my Z/28. I still plan on getting the heads done soon. I cringe every time I start the car. Why some may ask. I like you also have a C6 Z06 that dropped a valve about a year and a half ago and destroyed the entire motor. It had 5,700 miles on it bone stock never tracked or abused. It amazes me people think its never going to happen to them. I personally know 3 local guys who have also dropped valves. I now have a fully forged 427 built by AHP to the tune of 30k later. I can just kick myself for procrastinating I was planning on AHP stage 4 heads, but it blew up one month before I planned on pulling the heads.
On a side note I have researched to death if there have been any updates done to 427 motors Z06 and Z/28 and up to today I still have not been able to confirm GM actually fixed this very well known issue. Some say they have with absolutely nothing to back up their statements and claims. You may get lucky and go 100k miles, but then again look at me 5,700 miles and boom!!!
Back on topic. Like others I wish the Z/28 had rear seat delete and better head unit like the ZL1. also the gage cluster in front of the stick.Outside of that I love the rawness and old school analog nature of the car. Also definitely the best sounding car I've ever been in.
Thanks for sharing man and sorry that happened to you. Those LS7's are awesome engines but it can be a drawing card to which one you have for sure. I am curious would an extended warranty cover a blown LS7 or no?
Ls_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #45
Ls_Camaro

Drives: Not a Camaro yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBaldDog View Post
There are a dozen ways to add one to the car, some of them $800-$1200. I like the car EXACTLY how it is, with the minimalist stereo and all.

The aftermarket stereo options look like ass, and get rid of my nice minimalist stereo, the OEM stereo option is damned expensive for what it is and loses the minimalist stereo, the 2010-2013 backup method gets rid of the sweet frameless rearview mirror.

Honestly I think I may go the wifi backup camera to cellphone route though it would get annoying to have to remember to turn the thing on anytime I want to backup.

All in all, I realize I am hard to please for this mod... so I'm not really upset that there isn't a good option. I have never personally owned and daily'd a car with a backup camera and have hit exactly 1 thing backing up (a bollard in a parking lot that was below the sight level of my truck). Just need to be more careful with this car, is all.

I agree with you here man. The Wi-Fi backup camera cellphone sounds interesting but annoying at the same time. I've never heard of something like that I may look into it.
Ls_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #46
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
I agree with you here man. The Wi-Fi backup camera cellphone sounds interesting but annoying at the same time. I've never heard of something like that I may look into it.
Yeah, like I said, I know I'm hard to please.... but I want to leave the car 100% the way it is, just with a backup camera....

The Premium radio option is ACCEPTABLE, but I am NOT going to pay that much for it... just silly.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote