Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2021, 03:09 AM   #1
Mr Kehrfect

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
2015 SS 1LE misfire

Hello everyone,
About 2 weeks ago my car threw a code p0302 misfire cylinder 2 and the error being a spark and my dash shows that stbilitrak track needs serviced. So i replaced all things involving that my coil pack, spark plug wires, and the spark plug itself with no luck. Ive had a lot of suggestions of compression test the cylinder to see if valves need cleaned, clean throttle valve and make sure intake hose is connected tightly, vacuum test the intake itself, the wiring to the coil pack on that cylinder is bad or the computer itself, or a bad sensor of some sort. Thats a big list of issues that could be wrong and to check im hoping with telling you how my car acts when i start it someone can help narrow it down or if someone had the same issue that can someone can point me in the right direction. When i start the car the higher idle on start you can feel it miss but when it settles back down the car will almost shut off which i dont see happening with only one miss. You can smell the unburnt fuel exiting the cylinder which leads me to believe that it is not an injection issue. Any help is appreciated thank you for anyone who reads and can help me out at all. And no aftermarket except for a catback exhaust.
Mr Kehrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
If an injector is stuck open and dumping fuel it could cause the misfire and a fuel smell. Swap the #2 injector with a different cylinder then watch to see if the misfire moves, then you know if the injector is good. Compression would be next, or first. will tell you a lot. I would also try swapping the coil and plug to a different cylinder, just because new doesn't mean it is not faulty out of the box. And plugs are easily damaged by mistake when installing new ones.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote