Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
Camaro Styling changes as the c8 goes rear mid engine

The alpha platform on the camaro is utterly superior to the competition...

The evolutionary styling of the 6 th gen was a calculated move on the part of gm...and the 6th gen camaro is a dam good looking vehicle...

It just didnt ignite enough 5 th gen owners to trade in and buy a sixth gen...

The recent mid cycle refresh upgrade isnt photographing well..(hopefully)

As the corvette goes rear mid engine this january at the detroit show..lthat leaves room for the camaro to take a giant leap forward in styling.

The alphaa platform only needs to be modified to adjust to the styling changes suggested...

The platform itself is the best in the industry...

The interior needs almost nothing to be changed....or whatever changes are made will be fine..

Just style this bitch to look like a standard hardtop 2 plus 2 we see here...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/phot...ifornia-t.html

Who would buy a 7 th gen camaro that looked like this ?

Nobody would care about sightlines, rear seat room, and barely about price...

Thats how you get pricing power as a manufacturer...

You style your 2 plus 2 sexy camaro to look like this car...

The camaro zL1 s performance is already on par with the portifino...

Who wants some of the weed im smoking?

Happy holidays guys yet this is a good idea...

Keep the alpha platform as is and just style it like a ferrari portifino 2 plus 2 hardtop.

Last edited by JBsC6; 11-23-2018 at 08:31 AM.
JBsC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
It will be interesting to see the design direction for the next Gen Camaro. One of the better looking concepts from the GM drawing board as of late is the Avista concept. Maybe not aggressive enough to be a Camaro but still a damn good looking car.
I wanted to see the 5th Gen Camaro evolve and other than the 2019 refresh I think they've done a good job... I felt the same way about the 2014 refresh. Sales are not reflecting the quality of the 6th Gen and it's time for a new look.

I'll take some of your weed
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So you are basically suggesting GM make the Gen7 Camaro what the C8 Corvette would have been if it stayed Front engine? Bye bye Camaro.

Very few want an L4/V6 Camaro with even worse vision, rear seat room, trunk space. So this means Camaro volumes plummet to C7 volumes and the prices go up to C7 prices.

Might as well keep the C7 in production and rebadge it Camaro.

Not a fan of the proposal.

But on the other hand with coupe sales dying there is no real profitable future for Camaro at ever dropping volumes unless they jack the price with lower volumes.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Bring back T-Tops, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
JBsC6

Actually I am Suggesting the styling follow the sexy 2 plus 2 styling of the portifino.

The sixth gen looks awesome and performs on par with the worlds best.

Still sales are off as its beautiful styling is too evolutionary in nature for the price.

Im suggesting its not the nonsense like rear seat room, visability or price but rather the passionate desire to own this alpha based platform needs to be readdressed

I dont know about you but looking at ferrari portifino ...its looking pretty desirable to me...

I think im moving to the rear mid engine corvette but quite a few corvette slawarts seem to prefer a front engine rear drive layout.

I was just wondering how the camaro community would feel if the seventh gen camaro continued on the excellent alpha platform and looked similiar to the ferrari portifino..

I remember the s3cond gen camaro upon release back in 1970 was critically aclaimed to be even more beautiful than the contemporary ferraris at the time...or at least their equal in design beauty.

The zL1 already performs as well as or better than the ferrari portifino...which is also a 2 plus 2...

The styling looks pretty passionate amd desireable to many in the indistry as well as many consumers.,

You like?
Old 11-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The Camaro is already a 2+2 front engine coupe.

What I think they need to do is move the hood down a bit, maybe with a dry-sump LT-1. The beltline can come back up somewhere behind the A-pillar.

Give the rear window another inch or so of vertical height to see out of and smaller C-pillars.

I think the Camaro's main issue is many people don't want to live with it as a daily driver because of the visibility. Not as big of a deal with cars bought as 2nd/weekend/track cars, but a bigger deal for 4 and 6 cylinder versions.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Can anyone post up any sketches or artwork of what they think the 7th gen camaro may look like?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The path Camaro styling currently is on has put it in third place in it's segment behind Mustang and amazingly behind Challenger.

Camaro's evolutionary styling and getting away from the retro look, has not produced anything close to a home-run. At first I was not a fan of continuing on with any retro theme from previous generations, but after this many years the retro styling is what the Camaro needs for the future...

Use this existing alpha platform for a 7th Gen with 2nd Gen styling cues....All the concerns of what the Camaro needs for improvement can be met with a 2nd Gen look and a return to sensible mild retro styling. It's time, and hopefully not too late for the 7tth Gen to compete with Mustang and Challenger. My $.02
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #9
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Can't say it enough...great car top performer horrendous visibility..GM needs rethink retool and revise.. The evolution thing is KILLING sales. It is a sad day getting beat by competition by old non updated models.. Ok rant over...its upsetting to me and I can only personally buy so many camaros ...
Old 11-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #10
JBsC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
The Camaro is already a 2+2 front engine coupe.

What I think they need to do is move the hood down a bit, maybe with a dry-sump LT-1. The beltline can come back up somewhere behind the A-pillar.

Give the rear window another inch or so of vertical height to see out of and smaller C-pillars.

I think the Camaro's main issue is many people don't want to live with it as a daily driver because of the visibility. Not as big of a deal with cars bought as 2nd/weekend/track cars, but a bigger deal for 4 and 6 cylinder versions.
I dont think the visability or 2 plus 2 seating is the issue....i think movimg the styling to a new fresh look would do well to increase sales ...

I daily a corvette so i dont see space , visability or a small back seat as the issue....

Styling that creates a passion to own no matter the compromises compared to sedan has always been a camaro theme...

The evolutionary styling of the soxth gen made sense since the 5 th gen was such a sales success...

The backseat and the visability were no better in the fofth gen...

It was really because even though the sixth gen was beautiful it didnt generate as much excitment in the market segment with regards to styling...

The mid cycle refresh didnt fix that...

The platform is best in class without question....and its styling was the best...it just wasnt the freshest to generate that passion to open wallets to the same degree as the fifth gen...

Time for a portifino themed 7 th gen to set the world on fire..

It will put the retro themed challenger and mustang on the sidelines ...

Revolutionary styling for the camaro is whats needed.

No guts no glory for a seismic (sp)shift in market share.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #11
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
For me. I think they should keep the modern look. I get the idea of throwback stuff, but me personally I’m not into it, it’s 2018. I believe it’s the marketing and the price of the cars. I mean really, my car originally was 39,635 msrp. For a fully loaded V6. Yes it’s an amazing car, but no one should have to pay that. Dealerships stock the stupidest combos of the cars as well. I believe that 1LTs should also have more safety features standard and options.
Instead of 39,635, the cars starting should be at least 33-34,000.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Make the Camaro look like a Ferarri? I like rainbows and unicorns too. I’ll take a toke
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #13
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
They need to hire a proper designer. Retro and modern can both be done right, the current post-refresh look is neither. I for one am for preserving the distinctive Camaro look, perhaps with some modern styling touches, instead of trying to turn it a me-too Corvette or Ferrari lookalike.

Visibility complaints can very easily be addressed by adding 1" to overall height, lowering the beltline by 1" and slightly enlarging side mirrors (the EU model already has larger units).

Rear seat legroom and headroom can be tackled by making the car 2" longer, exclusively in the rear, plus making the previous change.

Trunk space is no issue IMO, the trunk opening is, yet all it needs is a small taillight assy redesign.

More electronics will be needed to attract the younger crowd (full digital dash, better infotainment, front and 360 cameras, better HUD, more HVAC vents etc).

Pricing is a bit painful, that needs to be adjusted down a tad for sure.

All infamous issues like the A8 shudder need to be fixed for good, although this specific one may have been done already by switching to the A10.

Finally, some advertising would also help.

This is all just my personal 2 cents' worth of course. Way too simplistic, I know, but these should all be doable and many times it isn't the groundbreaking change that turns the tide, but the sum of all those little "fixes".

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #14
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Make the Camaro look like a Ferarri? I like rainbows and unicorns too. I’ll take a toke
It worked well with the second gen Camaros getting inspiration from the Ferrari Lusso GT 250 why not try it again.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote