Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #29
Meeper

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
The cop didnt make you speed, and get a $200 ticket. You broke the law, you pay the fine. Its not a cops fault for catching you doing something wrong. its your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, just like the guy who started this thread.
I'd be polite and take responsibility, but I still wouldn't say thank you.
Meeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #30
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
The easiest way to get out of a ticket in my town is to answer one question correctly. That question is "Where do you live?" If you live in the city limits you will likely get off. If you live outside the city limits you may as well get you check book out. My town was warned for giving too many warnings. They warnings were awarded disproportionately to people who reside in the city limits. You have to live inside the city limits to vote in the city.

How do I join the free masons? Can I drive one of those little cars?
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #31
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Harvey View Post
The easiest way to get out of a ticket in my town is to answer one question correctly. That question is "Where do you live?" If you live in the city limits you will likely get off. If you live outside the city limits you may as well get you check book out. My town was warned for giving too many warnings. They warnings were awarded disproportionately to people who reside in the city limits. You have to live inside the city limits to vote in the city.

How do I join the free masons? Can I drive one of those little cars?
The Shriners drive the little cars.
In order to join the Freemasons I believe you have to be sponsored by an existing member. Then you have to go through all these weird ritualistic initiation ceremonies with blindfolds and trowels and all this other weird symbolism relating to Hiram Abiff.
At least what what a friend of mine who's a Freemason told me....I may have already said too much...

Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #32
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
These cop threads are making me sick, who cares... dont matter who you are... everyone's got it tuff, everyones jobs sucks and dont pay enough, and there are A holes in every croud, even cops! Lets stick to camaro's thats more fun!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #33
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
What can I say. You are doing the proper thing. Take it to Court and see what happens. I can say this---if you were making a left turn across traffic or controlled by a traffic control device--- good luck Sorry, sir but my money is on the cops decision and thats not because I am one. We cite for traffic violations thats all, the insurance companies assess who is at fault and to what degree. If you were in the business you would be surprised even in the most obvious cases degrees of liability are spread out to each party.
I'm guessing you've never had a "bad day" at the plant? unless you have been in our shoes hold your judgements about our actions until you do. Just sayin'. Sorry if she wasn't all peaches and cream. To be honest I hate handling accidents with a passion except when it involves a drunk driver I guess-- (could have hit someone I love.) Everyones cars are wrecked and then by policy I have to issue a citation if someone committed a traffic violation-- I know it sux but its the job.
Well put, I am a cop also and any time you receive a citation its cause you deserved it. I don't know a single cop who wants to go to traffic court on their day off away from their families and Camaro because its a bullshit ticket, sack up is all I can say, if you can sit here and bitch n moan over how you were right and the cop was wrong than you have many more issues than your aware of....

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
I said it by accident once. I felt funny. . . . "Wait......did I just.......?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
The cop didnt make you speed, and get a $200 ticket. You broke the law, you pay the fine. Its not a cops fault for catching you doing something wrong. its your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, just like the guy who started this thread.
He wasn't trying to say that. He just said he doesn't think 'Thank You' would be his response. I agree. Why would you say thank you? lol We all hope to get a break. And we ALL have taken them when offered. To say thank you at a ticket is just weird to me.

Doesn't mean I am complaining about the fine. Just ain't gonna say thanks. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
It lasted all of what? 10 minutes?......
Would go away even quicker if it's just ignored.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #35
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeper View Post
I'd be polite and take responsibility, but I still wouldn't say thank you.
Typical reaction from a certain type of person... one thing I will TEACH you is that you do not have to respect an officer but you MUST respect the position... I work for several idiot superiors that I will never have respect for but i MUST respect their position...
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7 View Post
Well put, I am a cop also and any time you receive a citation its cause you deserved it. I don't know a single cop who wants to go to traffic court on their day off away from their families and Camaro because its a bullshit ticket, sack up is all I can say, if you can sit here and bitch n moan over how you were right and the cop was wrong than you have many more issues than your aware of....

Jason
Not always true.

People VS Randall PeQueen, Mobile, AL 1998.

At Mardi Gras my son reached under the parade fence and the cop started yelling at Bonnie. I was across the street holding our daughter who was a baby at the time. I came across the street just in time to hear Bonnie appologize and try to explain that he was just reaching for a moonpie. He told her to "Shut up". I lost it. I told him I'd handle it and to mind his own F***ing business. (sure, I let him piss me off and I gave him a reason to be a bully but I'd like to see the guy with the restraint requred at that moment not to go off) He took ME away in the van. Wrote ME a ticket for 'Crossing a Parade Barricade'. I was able to show the judge, with witnesses that I was across the street. The officer was verbaly reprimanded by the judge and my case was decided "Not guilty due to resonable doubt". A ruling that showed me the judge was protecting the department.

So, yes, it is very rare. But it does happen.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #37
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
These cop threads are making me sick, who cares... dont matter who you are... everyone's got it tuff, everyones jobs sucks and dont pay enough, and there are A holes in every croud, even cops! Lets stick to camaro's thats more fun!
I get tired of the cop bashing so I thought I would tell my story.
Even when I was young, dumb and full of ••• I was still very respectful towards LEO's

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
I get tired of the cop bashing so I thought I would tell my story.
Even when I was young, dumb and full of ••• I was still very respectful towards LEO's
Though I did have my adolecent cop bashing time, I grew up.

I've NEVER gotten a traffic ticket that I didn't break the law to get.

Only one did I get irritated at. Trip to Houston a few years ago. 6 over on a three lane highway on a dry night at 2am when I was the only car within a half mile both ways.

BUT. I was speeding. Mad? Yes. Wronged? No. But I get mad when it rains, don't mean somebody is wrong.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #39
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
There are good (insert title here) and bad (insert same title here). Bosses, husbands, wifes, partners, lawyers, cops, judges, (insert religion here), (insert political party here), (insert worker of (insert store here)), driver of (insert make/model here) vehicles.

When you're not in a position of authority, you probably don't want to piss off the person that does have authority. Sometimes you can complain and there will be people to back you up (a good judge), then again, it could make things worse (a bad judge). If you want to take a chance, go ahead, just don't complain to me when it bites you in the ass.

Every time I've gotten pulled over I was nice to the officer. It has helped every time.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #40
Power Hungry

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM w/ black stripe
JUst responding to a post early in the thread that said this was a thread about a "cool cop." Im not bashing LEO's at all, i just would say this is more a thread about an averave cop IMO. Ive been pulled over a few times and the officer has always been polite and respectful and more then happy to issue me a citation, and ive always been polite and respectful in return. IMO a "cool cop" would have pulled you over, made sure you were aware of what you did wrong, maybe even bs'd for a minute, then sent you on your way with a warning. Thats when id be thinking "that was a cool cop." Just my opinion.

:: 20% tint on 3 sides 75% on windshield :: Vmax ported TB ::
Power Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Would go away even quicker if it's just ignored.
You sooner fans need to stop making sense when you post.....this is NOT a place for that and I will have none of it.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
You sooner fans need to stop making sense when you post.....this is NOT a place for that and I will have none of it.

We finally won a BCS game. It all makes more sense now. lol