Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #169
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I personally like them all, I just get tired of some of the comments from fellow Camaro members (not saying you) but some can get real nasty about it....

And speaking of NOT liking tailights I dont like the tailights on the 2015 Challenger's....
I like all of the Camaros too! And I agree! The 15 Challenger taillights is not my taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
just a little useless info,,all 3 years of the 1st gen had those reverse lights only with rs package, other than that, it was in the taillight
Oh, Nothing useless about that because it makes it clear! Thanx for the info!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #170
bucolic

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS Crystal Red Tintc
I had a White Challenger with the Black Rally stripes and that cad got more attention then any car I have ever owned. Personally the white with the Black stripes is "dope" in my opinion. I actually wanted a White one but couldn't find one at the price I wanted so ended up with the Crystal Red Tintcoat.

You have an awesome, sharp car! As for the taillights they will grow on you. I like them so much more than the 13's.

One thing with the White is keep it clean. In some ways the White is harder to keep clean then the Black! They look clean but when you get down to detailing every speck of tar and road dirt shows up and you can spend a lot of time keeping it crisp. An unkempt White car looks shaggy in short order. An unkempt Black car just looks bad a-- grungy

2014 Camaro SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
bucolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #171
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
[QUOTE=Q'smuscle;7924578][QUOTE=Muscle Car Memories;7924544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Hey, What's wrong with a Dodge? The Challengers are sweet looking too!

Nothing is wrong with the Dodge's except the weight and their stance is high when parked next to a Camaro or Mustang.

Uh, weight? The Camaro has weight close to the Dodge and who cares because they're still fast!
Those Challenger's arent that fast if im not mistaken which I may be but I thought I read that a V6 Camaro would run with a V8 Challenger but what I do like about Dodge is they offer the Challenger with alot of different models, R/T, Blacktop, SRT8, SRT8 Core and the anniversary model R/T and Ford and Chevy just basically give you a SS or a GT and then if you get something different you step way up in Monday....
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #172
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
i sometimes find it interesting how no matter what the original subject, it always ends with taillights..ha
Wayne lets talk about the girl on my avatar's headlights..
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #173
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucolic View Post
I had a White Challenger with the Black Rally stripes and that cad got more attention then any car I have ever owned. Personally the white with the Black stripes is "dope" in my opinion. I actually wanted a White one but couldn't find one at the price I wanted so ended up with the Crystal Red Tintcoat.

You have an awesome, sharp car! As for the taillights they will grow on you. I like them so much more than the 13's.

One thing with the White is keep it clean. In some ways the White is harder to keep clean then the Black! They look clean but when you get down to detailing every speck of tar and road dirt shows up and you can spend a lot of time keeping it crisp. An unkempt White car looks shaggy in short order. An unkempt Black car just looks bad a-- grungy
I agree white is hard to keep clean but alot of people say they arent, my BRM Camaro is VERY hard to keep clean, drives me insane and it has also limited me on what I can do to it as far as stripes etc goes...
Old 08-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #174
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
the 14 tail lights make me . they look so cheap . the whole rear on a 14 looks cheap ! has no style
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #175
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Wayne lets talk about the girl on my avatar's headlights..
what no taillight thoughts? (on the avitar)
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #176
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrien View Post
the 14 tail lights make me . they look so cheap . the whole rear on a 14 looks cheap ! has no style
I thought everything had calmed down and then you show up bashing our Camaro's
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #177
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
what no taillight thoughts? (on the avitar)
All you can see is her headlights....Lets talk about Zoe's tailights.....
Old 08-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #178
Jobrien

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
I thought everything had calmed down and then you show up bashing our Camaro's
whoops
Jobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #179
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrien View Post
whoops
It's all good man we are now in therapy because of our tailights....
Old 08-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #180
pistol_pete

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Lol
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #181
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
This right here was the dumbest post. The 12 yr old mentality that if someone doesnt agree or has a conflicting opinion makes them a "hater" is pathetically juvenile. You cant dislike something and then grow envious that you dont have the same thing if you don't like nor want it to begin with. Maybe just maybe they dont like what you like. Big whoop..life goes on but that doesnt make them a "hater"

OP doesn't like the rear of her car yet has the car. So shes hating on herself???

10-13 will always be the style we all obviously fell in love with at the beginning. It wasnt until a year ago that GM gave us another look to compare with. There will always be some who likes (for lack of better terms) the original and those who like the refresh. The 14 eventually grew on me ESPECIALLY the 1LE in white on black. That car is beautiful! But I still PREFER the rear of the 10-13. Given the chance to own a 14 1LE and I'd be all over it.

I feel bad for all the owners when the new model comes out....tons of haters coming up
i was not referring to the OP at all in this, it was directed to those who bash the 14's for the tail lights. i dont really care if someone has a different opinion then me, but having a different opinion does not require bashing on our cars. ever notice the 14 owners dont go around saying crap about the older tail lights?

someone else (cant find it now) said something about covering them up cause we hate them...i didnt cover them cause i dont like how they look, i like the look of the covers over the lights. if i had a 10-13 i would have tinted those too.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #182
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
It's not the tail lights that make the 14's look bad to me, it's that giant unpainted plastic rear diffuser that runs all the way up to the middle of the license plate depression... makes it look like the heel of a running shoe to me. It's more noticeable on lighter colors, and MOST noticeable on a white car. I don't mind the tail lights, especially the non-RS versions. Ironically the '14 tail gets the most complaints, but it's the front end that bothers me more than the rear. Seems like a change for changes sake rather than to improve the appearance of the car.