Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #113
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Hey guys! New to the site. I first just say a quick thank you to all the guys on the site who are so quick to find and post updates on the simply the best car out there (IMHO). I've been checking here daily for any and all news.

As for this particular thread, I like those pics very, VERY much! You guys at GM/Chevrolet have done an awesome job, and I can't wait to pick mine up. I think that new front grill looks sweet! I'm a little sad about having to give up the reverse mohawk for the sunroof, but there's nothing like a little extra open-air feeling when you're doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds... And for money's sake, I hope the SS is the model I end up with.

Now for that 6-speed interior...

Soon to drive a 2010 blue/black w/black stripes Camaro SS 6M
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #114
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Hey guys! I have been lurking lately, but I have to admit I’ve been spending much more of my time driving the new Vette and skowering the Vette forums for info...

Throughout the last year and a half the wife has stared to fall in love with the Camaro!!! (God bless her little heart) So we'll be selling here VW Bug and buying the Camaro.

I think My life will be complete, Well have an H2, Vette & Camaro in the Driveway...Life couldn't be sweater

Great job on this post Dragon! I can't wait for all the official numbers and specs...Keep up the good work!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #115
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
The rear looks perfect. I think it looks great. I could be WRONG about the FRONT bumper. Looks like 90% of the folks on here like the new bumper. I'm just a little concerned because I saw the bumper on the vert pics and was totally thrown by it. I saw the bulge and freaked out. I for one think the car looks great. I think it's perfect. Variety is the spice of life.

For the record I like the orginal bumper better. In the case the there are enough people out there that would opt for the option I hope that GM would allow the buyer to do so.

From a fan's perspective, and I can see why Scott doesn't like spy shots, we've been checking the sites daily, photoshopping our favorite colors, watching the Nurburing videos, flipping through the Florida and Michigan spyshots, the magazine articles and so on and so forth. We get used to seeing our favorite features. For some of us, inclusing me, fell in love with those features and one of those features for me is that front bumper. I'm not asking for anyone to change it. I've never designed a car. For as long as I can remember there has not been a more anicipated car. This is a monumental undertaking such that I could not even fathom at this point due to the pressure of pleasing the public. The design team knows what they are doing. I don't think that GM would hire, and I quote, "dumbasses".

UNTIL I see the car with better pictures of the front end, I will reserve my final judgement.

For now I say the car is gorgeous.

This question is for Camero - part of the design team -

For those people who like the pre-pro or V6 bumper but want the V8 or SS or Z28 or what have you, will they allow that option?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #116
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
I was actually kinda disappointed with the mirrors on the pre-pro, but these look to be the same style, just matching the color of the car. Painting them made a pretty big difference. It's beautiful. *cries*
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #117
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
HEY!!! I'M the dumbass at GM that thought the SS bumper is better than the base bumper!!! (Well me and all the people that actually make the decisions.) It's practically the same except it's got a nice airdam instead of an overbite and the grill and lower lights are set wider creating the side bulges.

[/QUOTE]

Camero, I really do like the bumper that you chose for the SS. It looks a lot better than the pre-pro's we've been seeing. Silver looks great. However I have one question about the color's if you know anything. Will there be a yellow orange color like Bumblebee's as an option on this model? I believe the color used in the movie was Sunrise by Valspar. However I would like to know if GM has been working on getting a color that is similar for the SS Camaro as an option/upgrade or special edition. Thanks...

Last edited by Supermans; 06-21-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #118
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
The reverse lights look outta place.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #119
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
If i buy a silver Camaro SS in 2010, it will look exatcly like this then?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #120
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
If i buy a silver Camaro SS in 2010, it will look exatcly like this then?
That's the word on the street. This is the production-itent SS Camaro.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #121
Redmenance

Drives: 93Z28/2000SSMonte/68ChevConvt
We can't wait to drive this bad boy! Our 93 has t tops and we hope the
sun roof will work as well as our 2000 monte/ss does....Awesome pictures
Keep up the good work!
Redmenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #122
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Could someone post better resolution pics of the silver car? Thanks!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #123
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Why can't you guys just eat it and enjoy the fact that it might actually be an SS badge...if it is chopped, who cares...until the damn thing is on the dealer lot it really doesnt matter what it is, z28/ss/lt/ls/z71/gt/. If whoever took the picture went to ALL THIS trouble to chop this photo by even adding the lil GM chiclet near the A pillar, then hell...more power to him...all I care about is that it is a camaro

Relax and enjoy the picture for crying out loud..
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #124
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Why can't you guys just eat it and enjoy the fact that it might actually be an SS badge...if it is chopped, who cares...until the damn thing is on the dealer lot it really doesnt matter what it is, z28/ss/lt/ls/z71/gt/. If whoever took the picture went to ALL THIS trouble to chop this photo by even adding the lil GM chiclet near the A pillar, then hell...more power to him...all I care about is that it is a camaro

Relax and enjoy the picture for crying out loud..

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
GreySteele06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #125
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I just hope the V6 looks as good as this SS. If it doesn't I may just eat the fuel bill and buy an SS.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #126
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
The car looks f**king HOT as h3ll!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean "your" tail lights, by the way?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote