Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Whats better looking, production or concept Camaro?
Production Camaro 102 62.96%
Concept Camaro 60 37.04%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
What do you think is better looking, production or concept Camaro?

Its a tough decision for me. It has to be the production car for me. The concept is a bit to pointy for my liking while the production car has more curves. I also think the production car it better proportioned. What do you think?
Name:  Red Camaro.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  167.0 KB

Name:  Camaro_concept_red.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  126.1 KB
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
CONCEPT!

Without a single doubt.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Hard choice, to me the concept is so similar to the production model. Well except IMO a few minor things. Production it is.
PA FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Hard choice, to me the concept is so similar to the production model. Well except IMO a few minor things. Production it is.
I'm only 25 years old and I should know this, but what the hell does IMO mean? I can't figure it out! IMHO? someone help me not feel like I'm 40 please...

I got the ROTFL, and the LMAO, but not IMO and IMHO...whatever happened to just spelling out the words?
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
jmliptak

Drives: D
In My Opinion = IMO
In My Humble Opinion = IMHO

By the way, I am a couple years short of double your age, but I do have a teenager so I have an advantage in that I deal with this all day long!

The popularity comes from people texting on cellphones without a real keyboard and you had to hit a button two or three times to get a character. Same thing on some old pagers, etc, but the real broad use came from kids and texting. It drives teachers crazy!

jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I can't really find the gall to base my decision off of something as petty as larger sideview mirrors and a changed gascap location, because otherwise they're so darn alike that it's hard to say. I'd say I like the production model more because it's more down to Earth, the concept is a little too sharp-edged and the wheels are too big and jagged for my taste.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
In My Opinion = IMO
In My Humble Opinion = IMHO

By the way, I am a couple years short of double your age, but I do have a teenager so I have an advantage in that I deal with this all day long!

The popularity comes from people texting on cellphones without a real keyboard and you had to hit a button two or three times to get a character. Same thing on some old pagers, etc, but the real broad use came from kids and texting. It drives teachers crazy!

Thanks man...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
If I had a choice, I'd pick the concept, however as a daily driver, the extra headroom and comfort the production brings would outweigh getting the concept only based on looks.. However if both were equally as safe and comfortable inside, then for sure the concept exterior is superior in looks so far from the entire body of the production model V8 and less so with the V6 since it shares a similar face..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Concept - but only because it is sharper.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
In terms of looks only, With the yellow ambers on the outside of the headlights, the concept side mirrors, the front hood cut, the non-existant B pillar, and the actually cut rear quarter vents, I am gonna have to say the concept.

I will have to say that I will probably be putting the less safe smaller side mirrors back on my car, and rear quarter vents since my car is going to be a show car.. But thats all I'm changing.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
CONCEPT!

Without a single doubt.
THE CONCEPT WITHOUT A DOUBT! Look at the detail in the section under the door handle and at the rear tire on the concept, that makes the car. The way that detail at the bottom of the door is more pronounced as well as the area in front of the rear tire, it gives the car a completly different look than the production car. You can also see a change at the top of the quarter panel, it is wider on the concept. This all may have seemed like minor changes but it has totally changed the look of the car from the side and back.

Last edited by Nickdago; 07-26-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #12
Nickdago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I can't really find the gall to base my decision off of something as petty as larger sideview mirrors and a changed gascap location, because otherwise they're so darn alike that it's hard to say. I'd say I like the production model more because it's more down to Earth, the concept is a little too sharp-edged and the wheels are too big and jagged for my taste.
Agree that this new design is down to earth, in other words it is more plain. It has lost it's edge, it is no longer a car that really stands out but actually blends in more now.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Wow, I'm really surprised at these results. This coming from the same people who complained about b pillar, side vents, fuel cap location ....
I thought the concept was going to be hands down everyones answer.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
Nickdago

The B pillar, side mirrors and fuel cap and all those other little things to me are really not that big of a deal, however the body change is huge. Give me back the original design.