Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #43
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I'm lucky enough to live in a really nice neighborhood and to own my lightly modded SS, which I absolutely love and sometimes can't believe I own, but... There is a guy about 10 houses down that owns a black, 2012 CTS-V that's been tuned and has an aftermarket exhaust on it and when he cruises by I just drool, it's that awesome.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #44
ayceman

Drives: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 2010 2SS
Get the V
ayceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I was about to say pick the V, but then i noticed that its a auto.
But if it was a 6 speed, then i would say jump on it.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #46
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well the V is a great car and a beast, but it's not a Camaro. For me it just wouldn't be the same. The Camaro isn't just a car. It's a hobby. One that I share with several passionate friends. The V would still be a great car but it wouldn't feel as special.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #47
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
Lot of good comments to help me think about this. It does bug me that it's an 09 though and yes I'd assume the basic 4 year warranty is up by now. I'd get 25 for my car in trade but of course I owe 21 so its more of a wash with a "down" built in. I like the look and styling of the SS more by far though the V's interior blows it away. The points in favor points are its a lowish (for an 09) miles car that's been taken care of with a very soild motor w/ sc. The damn thing stock could more often than not walk past me at the track lol. Which is another reason I'm considering this, after I put the new cam in my car it did not perform as expected (long story under mods section some of you may be familiar with) and driveablility has suffered more than I would have anticipated even with a relatively high lift cam. I've actually lost a good deal of confidence in my SS and honestly couldn't say if or how long the motor will last. My broken thinking went along the lines of...well if my car is out of warranty anyway...the V has gobs of power to start let alone what a few inexpensive mods can do to it.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #48
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Can't look at something like this and say you wouldn't want one.
I can, Cadillac has some the best colors out there and they ruin it with that ricer crap? No thanks I'll take paint everyday and twice on Friday.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #49
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
Hi Guys,

So I've been considering trading my '10 2SS/RS (M6, cam, vararam, Kooks LTs and full exh, tuned) for an 09 CTS-V. Payments would actually go down this time around and the V is, obviously, loaded. I love the look and feel of the SS and I've put a lot of time and work into it, but the ironic practicality of the V plus the toys and power are very tempting. If I'm going to pull the trigger I want to do it within the next day or so. The V is going for 42k w 33k miles on it (confident I can talk that down a bit as well).

Thoughts?
Those V's are fast. My buddy's has an 09 sedan (auto). Here are a couple videos of us racing. My car (LS3) at the time ran a best ET of 12.52 and MPH 115+ with my mods (Kooks LT's, Roto-fab CAI, and tune). He has in the video just an Airraid CAI and tune. Look at the results. All his runs were on street tires... no DR's. I forgot he did cut the mufflers off and run strait pipes.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
live2drive

Drives: 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Zoom Zoom. Get the V!
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
That is one awesome car but PLEASE talk the owner into taking those big, hideous, round, white 3 stickers off it everywhere!
There D3 logos. The company is close to my work. I see their Caddies around. Super sweet looking cars.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #52
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
I can, Cadillac has some the best colors out there and they ruin it with that ricer crap? No thanks I'll take paint everyday and twice on Friday.
True, I don't care for the wing. Raven Black works for me. My V was black and at the time I hated black, but it looks so sweet when it's clean.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #53
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I can understand asking others their thoughts and opinions, but when it comes down to it. Who is making payments? I say if you want it get it. I personally wouldn't.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #54
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
There D3 logos. The company is close to my work. I see their Caddies around. Super sweet looking cars.
They may do good work and that car is awesome but I still think those decals look super crappy and cheap.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #55
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
You're asking on the Camaro forum so you're going to get a lot of biased fanboy opinions. The V is way faster, interior is nice, handles better, and looks mean as well. There's no way I'd rather have my car than one. And people saying the Camaro is a better modder's car? Lol, the V still has a LS motor but it's supercharged, which means it's even easier and cheaper to make power. You can do all of the same bolton's and cams etc as a Camaro, but then throw in a blower pulley or even get the thing ported and you'll get way more power.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #56
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
You're asking on the Camaro forum so you're going to get a lot of biased fanboy opinions. The V is way faster, interior is nice, handles better, and looks mean as well. There's no way I'd rather have my car than one.
I haven't seen much fanboyism in this thread. In fact, most people seem to recommend going for the V.

I personally don't care much for the styling of the current generation of Cadillacs but there's no question that the V is a better car than the SS.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote