Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third-Gen View Post
Magnusson and turbo kits are two completely different systems. OP had a Magnusson. You cant put the MAF after the blower so the bypass valve has to recirculate the air. The centrifugal and turbo kits place the maf after the blower or turbo, so venting to atmosphere is just fine.
Thats what I thought, I take it mine isn't dumped into the atmosphere because that would not make it carb legal. Thanks
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
Jordan, do you have a turbo kit? I think you might be thinking about a blow-off valve, not a bypass valve.
Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #17
KGreen

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Has anyone used an adjustable bypass valve where the boost comes in quicker? I have even read about guys bypassing the bypass valve, seems shady to me and you would be asking for problems!
KGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:45 AM   #18
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGreen View Post
Has anyone used an adjustable bypass valve where the boost comes in quicker? I have even read about guys bypassing the bypass valve, seems shady to me and you would be asking for problems!
This seems to be popular with the Mopar crowd - its expensive though for what it does.

https://www.smoothboost.com/p-45-boo...oothboost.aspx

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:04 AM   #19
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
The bypass should stay shut all the time except when your in boost and you suddenly get out of the throttle, the bypass relieves the built up pressure by bypassing it back before the compressor housing so there is no compressor wheel surging. At least from my understanding, someone please correct anything wrong.
Just by reading the original post, it could be hard to know if it was a super charger or turbo. Their signature states Maggie. So the operation is different. For a turbo, it has a recirculating bypass valve or a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere. This prevents turbo surge, which stalls the turbo. This happens when the tb plate closes. And it has a waste gate to contol the amount of boost.

The supercharger has a valve that is open, basically bypassing the supercharger, and then closes for boost. Spring pressure and diaphragm area would control the rate and point of operation for the valve. Unless it's an electrically operated valve.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote