Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2022, 03:26 AM   #1
jeffrey1

Drives: 2004
ARH- Axle back

Anyone running a ARH axle back on there car with Headers and cam how do you like it. does it drone
Attached Images

Last edited by jeffrey1; 09-30-2022 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Fixed
jeffrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:01 PM   #2
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
drone is not a problem very minimal. Here is a clip of how they sound.

Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:42 AM   #3
jeffrey1

Sound good

They sound great how would you compare them to the stock Npp exhaust with valves open. Is the ARH louder it sounds deeper. Corsa sounds to load the ARH seam to be in the middle of Npp and Corsa. I wish I herd them in person are you happy with them thanks
Old 10-01-2022, 07:05 AM   #4
Dega Man

They are more of a mellow tone not raspy and not as loud as the npp until they get into the higher rpm's towards wide open throttle. T
Old 10-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #5
jeffrey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
They are more of a mellow tone not raspy and not as loud as the npp until they get into the higher rpm's towards wide open throttle. T
Thanks for your feedback I really want a little more raw when cruising around it’s so hard to beat Corsa sound and no drone but the $2000 is a lot
Old 10-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #6
Dega Man

I understand sound is very subjective, but the stock NPP with the fuse pulled sound just as good and loud and raspy as the corsa especially when you have 2 inch headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust back to the axle into the stock NPP with the valve open it is straight thru flow like the American racing, corsa and many more but again sound is very subjective. Actually for me the only advantage any of these aftermarket mufflers have over stock is the 4 inch tips which to me look good from the rear, there is a guy here who does exhaust have purchased the corsa 4 inch tips and welded them on the stock NPP matching them up for a perfect fit not touching anything on the rear valance. Had I known this could be done so perfectly I probably would not have gotten the American Racing Pro thunder.

Last edited by Dega Man; 10-01-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
jeffrey1

Quote:
I understand sound is very subjective, but the stock NPP with the fuse pulled sound just as good and loud and raspy as the corsa especially when you have 2 inch headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust back to the axle into the stock NPP with the valve open it is straight thru flow like the American racing, corsa and many more but again sound is very subjective. Actually for me the only advantage any of these aftermarket mufflers have over stock is the 4 inch tips which to me look good from the rear, there is a guy here who does exhaust have purchased the corsa 4 inch tips and welded them on the stock NPP matching them up for a perfect fit not touching anything on the rear valance. Had I known this could be done so perfectly I probably would not have gotten the American Racing Pro thunder.
I have the mild/wild switch on car. The 4” tips are exactly what I’m after they look awesome I’d love to do 4” black tips
Old 10-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #8
Dega Man

You can purchase those, I do not know if you have a really good muffler person where you are but it can be added to your stock NPP. On Corsa website I think the part# is TK005 for the one He used. Not trying at all trying to steer you in a different direction only sharing options.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #9
jeffrey1

Quote:
You can purchase those, I do not know if you have a really good muffler person where you are but it can be added to your stock NPP. On Corsa website I think the part# is TK005 for the one He used. Not trying at all trying to steer you in a different direction only sharing options.
It would cost about $1000 for those tips I’d definitely buy the ARH at that point
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2022, 12:15 AM   #10
Dega Man

Now that is what you call proud of your tips, I had no idea they were that expenses now, my buddy said when He purchased the stainless ones back in 2018 they were around $86.00 inflationary times for real. But I will say that his still look new.