Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 10-27-2023, 09:24 AM   #1
Maxwell_Bently

Drives: 2014 2SS
ISO 14'-15' SS/RS HID RH/passenger Headlight/Taillight

Hi All,

So for some reason my RH headlight sputtered out about a month ago and I have been reluctantly looking around for a replacement, OEM prices for that part is complete bonkers. Lo and behold I apparently pissed of the Camaro gods for not replacing it sooner cause I start my car up this morning and now the RH taillight as also went on permanent strike. FML. So I am reaching out to my Camaro brethren in hopes someone has what I need laying around and doesn't need anymore. Just for clarification, it's not the HID bulb, that was the first thing I tried to replace, it's the bulb and the halo ring. I checked the plug with a multimeter and the assembly is definitely getting power in all the right pins and the right volts at the right times so I am guessing the light just failed completely. I am definitely open to any suggestions and ideas at other possibilities if you're kind enough to grace my thread with any. As of now the simplest option is to buy the assemblies and plug and play the issue away. So if anyone has either a taillight or headlight or both for a 2014-2015 Camaro SS/RS and willing to sale please post here. Solutions or ideas that might fix the issue are definitely welcome as well.

TL;DR Sell me your shit, please 🙏

Thanks
M.B.
Maxwell_Bently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Have you tried the ballast? I know it's a super big pain because you have to remove the headlight assembly itself just to replace the ballast. And I think the taillight has a ballast too, I'm just not sure as I've only added them, not had them as factory lights. So, removing the bumper as it is lol. But it's cheaper than the headlight assembly. Sounds like you may have a wiring issue possibly with the right hand side only. Does anything else work? Like blinkers, reverse light, running light. Or is it just the headlights, and brake light?
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 08:46 AM   #3
Maxwell_Bently

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Have you tried the ballast? I know it's a super big pain because you have to remove the headlight assembly itself just to replace the ballast. And I think the taillight has a ballast too, I'm just not sure as I've only added them, not had them as factory lights. So, removing the bumper as it is lol. But it's cheaper than the headlight assembly. Sounds like you may have a wiring issue possibly with the right hand side only. Does anything else work? Like blinkers, reverse light, running light. Or is it just the headlights, and brake light?

Thanks for your reply.

I did some investigating and I spotted a ton of moisture inside the taillight so maybe that one possibly shorted out? Idk. Also, it's not completely out. It's very faint and it shows more at night but most of the lighting still comes on however it's so faint it might as will be non-existent.

The headlight however seems to be fairly dry and the blinker blinks but it's the only one doing what it's supposed to. The main headlight and halo do not come on at all. So maybe swapping the ballast will fix the halo and main bulb? I'll check into it and post any results here.

With that said I am now currently needing a passenger/RH taillight and a ballast for the same side if that matters. If anyone checks this post out and has any of those I would greatly appreciate you reaching out to me. I'll definitely be checking the marketplace for anyone posting what I need however leaving this here might be seen by the right person.
Maxwell_Bently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:47 AM   #4
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Yeah I know moisture in the taillights is somewhat common.
For the headlights, if you are feeling up for it, yes, you can take the bumper off and then swap the ballasts from driver to passenger and see if the problem follows. If it does, you know it's the ballast. If not, it's the whole assembly.
Checkout Hawks Motorsports. Then grab a lot of salvaged camaros. They may have one
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:05 PM   #5
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
I have a 2014 HID headlite here that has a broken adjuster in it.I bought both sides fer my '14LS but never used it.If ya want to try it send me a pm and I will send her to ya , no charge. Joe
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:57 AM   #6
El Boricua

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE Twin Turbo
Thumbs up Both tail lights

Hi,

I have both taillights from my 2015 1LE, I also have the passenger side front headlight.

And, just in case, I have both foglights also.

If you need any please PM me.

Later,
Attached Images

El Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote