Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy HHR LT2
First sighting on the highway = question

So late this afternoon around 4pm, I headed out on Rt 95 northbound from Topsfield MA. I had the top down on my SKY convertible, and was taking it easy getting into the 2nd lane, when I noticed something bright and red coming up in the the next lane. Turned out to be a bright red 2010 Camaro RS! Really looked great - first time I've seen one on the road. It looked like it was being driven by someone from a dealer - it had dealer plates on it and "Pride" Chevy labels. But then I noticed something odd. I am almost 100% sure it was a V6 RS - it was a bit tough to tell what the badge actually said due to glare from the sun, but it definitely had the 20" wheels. So it "must" have had the HID's with Halos as an RS, right? Oddly, the halos were not on. I noticed that the fog lights were blazing though (it was not dark). So does anyone know if the fogs override the DRL's and halos? Or are the fog lights the DRL's?
Other than that -it was totally cool. From my SKY it looked huge, but just right in my opinion.
NHHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHHHR View Post
So late this afternoon around 4pm, I headed out on Rt 95 northbound from Topsfield MA. I had the top down on my SKY convertible, and was taking it easy getting into the 2nd lane, when I noticed something bright and red coming up in the the next lane. Turned out to be a bright red 2010 Camaro RS! Really looked great - first time I've seen one on the road. It looked like it was being driven by someone from a dealer - it had dealer plates on it and "Pride" Chevy labels. But then I noticed something odd. I am almost 100% sure it was a V6 RS - it was a bit tough to tell what the badge actually said due to glare from the sun, but it definitely had the 20" wheels. So it "must" have had the HID's with Halos as an RS, right? Oddly, the halos were not on. I noticed that the fog lights were blazing though (it was not dark). So does anyone know if the fogs override the DRL's and halos? Or are the fog lights the DRL's?
Other than that -it was totally cool. From my SKY it looked huge, but just right in my opinion.

Fog lights really aren't fog lights - they're DRLs-- when you start the vehicle, turn the knob to the left -- then one click to the right - and that brings the halos on -- (which, when you do this makes Mustangs very nervous...)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Fog lights really aren't fog lights - they're DRLs-- when you start the vehicle, turn the knob to the left -- then one click to the right - and that brings the halos on -- (which, when you do this makes Mustangs very nervous...)
Can you have them on(foglights/DRL's) with the headlights or do they shut off?
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
no HID/Halos......no RS. it woulda had a RS tag on the trunklid, passenger side. i believe 20"s are optional across the board too.

but it is Badass! 29mpg in that bad boy too.......

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding, but in my other GM cars the DRL's are permanently on. If the foglights are the DRL's, can you have just the halos on w/o them? Most pictures of the car driving shows the halos only - I was under the impression the halos were the DRLs
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding, but in my other GM cars the DRL's are permanently on. If the foglights are the DRL's, can you have just the halos on w/o them? Most pictures of the car driving shows the halos only - I was under the impression the halos were the DRLs
With the RS package the foglights are the DRL's. You can turn the Knob to the left to shut off the DRL's the knob is spring loaded when turned to the left. Then you turn it to the right once, then the halo's come on without the DRL's. The sidemarker lamps as well as the tail lamps are on with the Halo's
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
You know, myself and a couple other St. Louisins were playing around with one a couple days ago (V6 RS), and for the life of us, we couldn't get the fog/DRL lights to go on. We found the HID switch, but that was it. What were we missing?

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
With the RS package the foglights are the DRL's. You can turn the Knob to the left to shut off the DRL's the knob is spring loaded when turned to the left. Then you turn it to the right once, then the halo's come on without the DRL's
Ah cool - thanks for clearing it up for me. The one I saw I am 95% sure was an RS - the guy driving it was on a cell phone so it probably was just being brought from one dealer to another with the dealer plates... not being driven by a knowing owner
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Is your Sky white?

Heh, sorry, way off top. I have yet to see a Camaro in person, heading down to the dealer tomorrow to finally get my fix. Can't wait to see one on the highway!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Lol - no prob - my SKY is bluestone
You'll really like the Camaro. I always think its important to like a car up close and when you see it driving down the road. I can totally see myself in the new Camaro. I used to have a 97 as a daily driver... probably one of the few guys that had a loaded 3800 V6 with a stick shift and performance pack - and I think the 2010 is gonna be my next one. Although I hate to say by the time I get one, I'll probably be getting a 2011