Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
I had the same problem as everyone here is describing, the seat creaks in middle - back rest area. It went from creaking noise to popping when I pressed on it with my hand. Dealer found Cause: broken wire fastener in lumbar webbing support assembly. Replaced drivers seat back lumbar support to correct. Part #92230417. The seat is good as new now.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
Allgrey

Drives: '13 AGM/1SS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
I had the same problem as everyone here is describing, the seat creaks in middle - back rest area. It went from creaking noise to popping when I pressed on it with my hand. Dealer found Cause: broken wire fastener in lumbar webbing support assembly. Replaced drivers seat back lumbar support to correct. Part #92230417. The seat is good as new now.
Did it sound like this? http://youtu.be/Vw4HqWExwnc

That's what mine sounds like after any bump in the road.

Terribly irritating.

Again, worked 6a to 9p... So no chance to bring it to the dealer for diagnosis.
Allgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
Allgrey

Well it's now at the dealer. Will let everyone know what they say.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Stitch

Drives: SS, CTS & SRT-4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
*** QUICK FIX ***

I had the same thing happen in my drivers seat, one of the wires popped out from its slot on the side rail and would click every time I sat in it or leaned forward a bit. I just put it back in place and bent the end around so it couldn't come back out. If the wire isn't broken, it's a quick solution.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I had a squeak on my driver seat as well. I found out it was the seat belt clicker box thing. From some reason it was squeaking and I put a ziptie so it would not move, the squeak stopped! I wonder why...
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #20
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
had that problem back in may, they replaced something..now im having the same exact problem again. Taking it to chevy friday -_-
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #21
Allgrey

They are apparently doing a spacer set which is part of the tsb. We'll see. 2nd time for same problem but different fix this time. Luckily a kit was available so will have it back tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
My seat noise appears to be from the side of the seat and the plastic side panels (driver side where the controls are mounted).
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
Allgrey

So the service bulletin is completed, and it is quiet again. Hopefully it stays fixed.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgrey View Post
So the service bulletin is completed, and it is quiet again. Hopefully it stays fixed.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad that your concern has been addressed! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Do you happen to have that bulletin number? My drivers seat squeeks pretty bad. But only when adjusted all the way back and all the way down.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #26
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Glad to hear. Yes, please share bulletin number as my passenger side is squeaking as well (sounds like it's the seat belt, but am not sure).

I just brought my car to the dealer for a different squeak, amazingly I left with a louder, new squeak...
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #27
Allgrey

Sorry guys, this is the slip from my squeak fix. Still no new squeak or return of the killed one.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #28
pusilanime

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS
I am currently in the middle of resolving this exact same issue on my 2013 SS. I started to notice the squeak/creak occasionally at about 500 miles and it has gotten progressively worse until it is a constant noise at 2500 miles. The dealer installed the spacers but it did nothing to fix the problem so they have the car over the weekend while a new seat frame is on order. Hopefully this will fix the problem, I'll keep y'all updated.

It has been very helpful to know others are having the same issue so I can direct the service department to TSBs and possible causes so thanks to everyone here!
pusilanime is offline   Reply With Quote