Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 10-30-2023, 08:57 AM   #15
MustangKillr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
The splitter uses a French cleat mounting style, the brackets are kinda weird not really what I expected. I’ll dig up something that might help clarify. Also make sure the rear diffuser has the corner brackets by the wheel wells. That’s another important piece that’s usually missing. It’s taken me almost 18 months to find the diffuser and rockers but I’ve finally got them rounded up, still trying to decide if I really want to pursue the splitter or just keep my RPI ZL1 style. My old SS was a GFX car, and I honestly think the ZL1 style I’ve got is more aggressive than the GFX and it actually lowers the front of the car a bit.

The splitter above definitely looks like it’s missing a tab in the front wheel well area. If you do get a GFX splitter and no hardware don’t be tempted to double side tape it with no other mechanical mounting. It has been documented a ton on here that it will drop and drag the road at normal speeds let alone high speed runs.

Edit: this link shows the mounting setup.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ht=GFX+install
Thanks for the info!! I found a different seller that is selling another complete kit. This one looks brand new though, and appears to have all the original mounting hardware still in the package. I reached out to the guy to confirm, and to make sure that no tabs are broken. This one doesn’t come with the valance, but that’s honestly fine with me, the splitter is the main prize.
Attached Images

MustangKillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 12:30 PM   #16
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Nice! That’s a rare find for sure. I wonder if it would be possible to somehow get those brackets reproduced before you use them? I was thinking about seeing if I could get a set machined in aluminum from my local CNC machine shop, when I had a line on a new GFX kit a year or two ago. Unfortunately that deal fell thru and I wasn’t able to make it happen. It would obviously be really helpful to have new ones for those guys who want to run this setup whether it be OEM or aftermarket on the splitter.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 01:18 PM   #17
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yeah that's great catch Bud, I keep an eye out for it too.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:07 PM   #18
MustangKillr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Nice! That’s a rare find for sure. I wonder if it would be possible to somehow get those brackets reproduced before you use them? I was thinking about seeing if I could get a set machined in aluminum from my local CNC machine shop, when I had a line on a new GFX kit a year or two ago. Unfortunately that deal fell thru and I wasn’t able to make it happen. It would obviously be really helpful to have new ones for those guys who want to run this setup whether it be OEM or aftermarket on the splitter.
Thanks, I feel very fortunate! I’m going to pick everything up Saturday, and I’ll post pictures of the hardware when I do. If it looks like the real deal, we can possibly work something out. I won’t be installing them until the spring of next year so they will be sitting for a little while.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:57 PM   #19
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Dude that would be sooooo bad ass!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:25 PM   #20
MustangKillr

Sorry for the delayed follow up on this. I got the ground effects kit, and it looks fantastic! Sadly the splitter does have a little bit of damage on the front, the guy said it was from storing it over the years. It’s not so noticeable from a distance, but you can definitely tell up close. Any suggestions to restoring it and making it look like new?

As far as the mounting hardware goes, everything was included and brand new. Sadly 4 of the clips are broken off it looks like, but they were inside of the bag. Surely I can use some kind of industrial adhesive to reattach them before mounting it.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2023, 08:03 PM   #21
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Looks good, you got lucky, Paint it in VR let a Body Shop do it.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:16 PM   #22
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Lools like your missing the Brace that goes with the
diffuser, not sure, I just remember have to Fix Mine and the brace was broken
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:13 PM   #23
MustangKillr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Lools like your missing the Brace that goes with the
diffuser, not sure, I just remember have to Fix Mine and the brace was broken
The guy I bought from had already sold the diffuser, so I’m sure he probably sold the brace with it. I’m not too bummed about it because the splitter was the main priority for me (the side skirts were icing on the cake). I got the whole thing (minus diffuser) brand new for $300, I feel pretty fortunate.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:16 PM   #24
MustangKillr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detleg View Post
Looks good, you got lucky, Paint it in VR let a Body Shop do it.
Thanks! I may not paint it, I kind of like the contrast of the black against the red, especially since I have black rally stripes. That’s why I was wondering if there was anything I can do to fix up the scratches on it without painting it. I figured I could sand it down, but don’t want to mess up the flat black look.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM   #25
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Thanks! I may not paint it, I kind of like the contrast of the black against the red, especially since I have black rally stripes. That’s why I was wondering if there was anything I can do to fix up the scratches on it without painting it. I figured I could sand it down, but don’t want to mess up the flat black look.
Yeah I get it, mine was red and I like the black, now I gotta get rid of the silver stripes lol
Old 11-08-2023, 10:23 PM   #26
MustangKillr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detleg View Post
Yeah I get it, mine was red and I like the black, now I gotta get rid of the silver stripes lol
Do you not like the stripes on yours? I love the factory rally stripes, yours look to be custom though. I don’t know how I’d feel about them either.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:05 PM   #27
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Do you not like the stripes on yours? I love the factory rally stripes, yours look to be custom though. I don’t know how I’d feel about them either.
Yeah I don't like em anymore, and they are custom limited...by GM lol
just as the 21" Tires that came with them, guess how many Tires were made in 21" back in the day? lol.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:08 PM   #28
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Here she is Bone Stock with 4k Miles on it
Attached Images