Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Your going to plead "not guilty"? Pleading guilty, paying the ticket for breaking the law, and politely asking the points be removed would give you the best chance I would think, that's what worked for me in my experience. After that slow down, I learned my lesson the expensive way.
+1... your guilty why would you plea not guilty. Calling the officer and whatever method they used to clock you false, not the best option.
rvnmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #16
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
That's a good story. Glad to hear you beat the rap. Everyone should always fight any traffic ticket. Our traffic laws and speed limits were created when people were still driving cars made in 1950 and using bias ply tires. Cars handle so much better now and are much safer. The speed limit is nothing but a tax on travelers.

And there is no excuse for traffic lights that simply run on a timer. There is nothing more annoying than sitting at a red light, wasting gas and time, when there isn't another car within miles. The whole ticket/points trap is a total ripoff.
While I understand your premise, your logic is way off. Do you want people doing 65 in your subdivision just because the car can handle it? Your statement doesn't mean much when a kid runs out in front of a car doing nearly 70 in a residential neighborhood. There are some areas where the posted speed limit is indeed ridiculous and kept artificially low for revenue. However, there are usually very valid reasons for the majority of posted speed limits.

To the OP, I can understand that you would want to show up for court to plead the points down, but going in front of a judge with a not guilty plea when you're 30 over isn't going to garner any leniency from the judge.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
Got caught doing 65 in a 35. Gonna plead not guilty and hope when I show up in court they make a no point deal with me. Anything else I should be doing? Am I Ina. Lot of trouble here?
Yes. You're Ina. Lot of trouble. 65 in a 35 is just plain irresponsible and dangerous. 35 mph limit areas usually are that because they are prone to residential or pedestrian traffic. Pay up! Slow down! Pay attention!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #18
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Ive heard going to get the most recent "road paperwork" and matching that up with your ticket date will get you out of a ticket. Also, Just going in to plead guilty shows to the judge that you are willing to admit fault and he will more then likely reduce the fine's..
Hope this helps!
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #19
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Yay another "I broke the speed limit and got caught help me get out of it" thread.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #20
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
While I understand your premise, your logic is way off. Do you want people doing 65 in your subdivision just because the car can handle it? Your statement doesn't mean much when a kid runs out in front of a car doing nearly 70 in a residential neighborhood. There are some areas where the posted speed limit is indeed ridiculous and kept artificially low for revenue. However, there are usually very valid reasons for the majority of posted speed limits.

To the OP, I can understand that you would want to show up for court to plead the points down, but going in front of a judge with a not guilty plea when you're 30 over isn't going to garner any leniency from the judge.
Well gee whiz, let's use the worst scenarios possible to prove a point. Now we're running over kids and doing 70 in a subdivision.. lol... Wait, let's add in a dog.. The kid is walking a dog. And the dog has puppies. And make it 100mph. ..while texting. and that's why everyone should plead guilty.

There, you're right, I was wrong... faulty logic on my part. Cheers.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #21
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Well gee whiz, let's use the worst scenarios possible to prove a point. Now we're running over kids and doing 70 in a subdivision.. lol... Wait, let's add in a dog.. The kid is walking a dog. And the dog has puppies. And make it 100mph. ..while texting. and that's why everyone should plead guilty.

Ah, sarcasm. Awesome, I'm into it.

Well it's a good thing you didn't post a blanket statement such as "The speed limit is nothing but a tax on travelers.", which would have warranted a reply, such as the one you got. I see by your super-cool response that I completely misjudged you. I just assumed you were a jerk.

I too, was wrong. My bad. I suppose we should man-hug it out.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #22
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
These threads never get old.

Could we have our own dedicated forum for speeding tickets, Tag?

Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #23
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
No, you aren't in trouble unless paying a fine and higher insurance rates is trouble to you.

It's just all about money.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
You deserve everything you get. Going that fast in an area where you're supposed to be going slow and you want a break? Get real, suck it up buttercup. Yes I speed, but it's never in an area where you're supposed to go slow.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #25
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Gotta pick your spots and in a 35mph zone is not the spot , Like others said what if a kid ran into the street and you hit and killed the child.
I got a ticket for imprudent and unnecessary speed ? something like that ? No radar got me , I was guilty and got caught paid the $130 fine and got 4 points , Not a big deal for me because I dont speed much and felt no need to fight this . Nor did I start a thread on it , Going to play you might pay, Pay your fine and slow down in these types of zones
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 PM   #26
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
In our cars it's so easy to go fast without even knowing. Read this thread, my boy was driving and he didn't even realize he was going that fast, thank God for a cool cop....finally, 95 in a 70.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408457
Old 05-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #27
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Ah, sarcasm. Awesome, I'm into it.

Well it's a good thing you didn't post a blanket statement such as "The speed limit is nothing but a tax on travelers.", which would have warranted a reply, such as the one you got. I see by your super-cool response that I completely misjudged you. I just assumed you were a jerk.

I too, was wrong. My bad. I suppose we should man-hug it out.
LMAO!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #28
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
This was a very big wide open road. I got on it for a few seconds. There was no possibility of a kid running into the street. I am not saying what I did was right, I was sped and got caught. I was just hoping to receive some advice for possibly getting the points off. I'm gonna plead not guilty and show up to the hearing and hope the coo offers me a deal. At the end of the day, if that doesn't happen then I'll just wind up paying and getting the points as if I pleaded guilty in the first place, so nothing to lose.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote